Verratti and the National team

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Il Ciuccio, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #226 Calcio Pauly, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    I never said that's all he does.

You said who cares and that it was irrelevant. Don't get mad at me for questioning you on that.

To date the only person who's ever done that was some random fan who before posting his random compilation never was in the forum, nor after. It's a bit excessive implying that anyone who doesn't criticize one or two plays of his, is
    a fan boy though. It's getting boring really.

It does highlight that his use is more than just this, though:

It's pretty hard to create 8 goals from there, though.

Let's see if Conte can help bring more of this out of him then.

And I don't play no offside trap Signore Falcone, I create odd-man counter attacks :D

Sal repped this.
  2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No, you keep stating that is all I ever say of him.

Again, who cares? Maybe you do. I could care less of what he does at PSG. I care for what he does with gli Azzurri.

There have been more than one and you are getting close to being a border fanboy on this topic since you won't let it go.

And this is where I go into full sarcasm mode. Do you think 8 assists is a big deal? Put aside the fact that how whomever in the world of soccer determines that stupid stat, it is a paltry number. In the league, PSG scored 83 goals. So why try to make it something of significance when it is not. It is like that stupid YouTube video that showed Verratti making 5-yard passes. That is where I got that idea as a quote. I wasted a few minutes looking for something special and it was a bunch of useless release of the ball.

I have nothing against the kid and I hope he becomes something special. But for anyone to state that he is that something special now are only kidding themselves.

Sal repped this.
  3. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #228 Calcio Pauly, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    One of, not all.

When you make definitive statements of
    -all- a player can do and ignore where he plays the majority of his football, and aspects where he actually does demonstrate more, excuse me, but people are gong to question that.

Insulting me with cheap shots isn't going to work. You're responsible for what you say, no one else.

Don't exaggerate, again

What it does, however, is discredit that his only use is

Like anyone who says those who recognize his value and potential are just fanboys.... *yawn*

roxbury and Sal repped this.
  4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It discredits nothing. Maybe it shows he has some potential in that department. What it does show is that he is not the go-to guy to make things work at PSG. Now in his defense, he probably does not need to be. I have watched him several times this season. He was OK. I am not buying the hype. Of course, I usually don't. So there is no need to turn that into a negative. I have given an honest assessment of the player. If you don't like my opinion, then state so. This continued back and forth to try to prove something by trapping me is not going to work. Sono cucciono and I stick to what I believe. Anyway, there is a good chance that we see nothing of him as it appears he may have come down with that dreaded calf disease.

totti fan and Sal repped this.
  5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm not trying to trap you, not do I need to. You can do better than that. You're responsible for the things you say, you're not going to turn that around on me. I just don't agree that taking one or two plays and saying that is all he ever does is accurate, nor do I agree with the overblown expectations that he needs to be an immediate savior of Italy at 22 are accurate. None of Baggio, Totti or Pirlo were immediate saviors either, ditto the current "best player in the world!" Having that expectation is huge and not realistic.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So why are you arguing with me? I am not relying on one play. We both agree that he does not need to be an immediate savior. My qualm is with those who think the team should be built around him and want to give him star treatment.

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1 - you addressed me, and tagged me in two of your response

#3 - asking you questions isn't an argument, really.

Why no #2? I saved that for you to add whatever you like to. :)

Sal repped this.
  8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Socrates.....

Sal repped this.
  9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Did he get carted around on horse or donkey, incidentally?

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    nah just spent his whole life trying to see what the fortune tellers told was true lol

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He needed transportation. I'll let you chauffeur me around Chooch :)

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    People said he was as ugly as a mule.

13. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why did you mention 2014 in relation to Motta?

14. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pandore is not interested in contributing to the discussion anymore because based on La Magica and Calcio Pauly's requirements he's the only qualified to comment.

15. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    When the ******** did Motta win player of the year? Show me proof cause I think your mistaken. He was on team of the year back in 13/14 season. Not player of the year. Thiago Motta is not better than Verratti. Thiago Motta isn't even the best Motta. Marco Motta is.

Calcio Pauly and el napulitan repped this.
  16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tottifan, I thought you were a reasonably sensible poster and Pauly ribbed you over the Monty comment but from reading what you had to say over the last few pages, it is beyond laughable.

One minute you're a fledging PSG fan, the next you admit to not watching ligue 1. Apparently Motta was player of the year and that's a fact...verratti was jugglying donuts. Funny thing was Motta never won an award and verratti did win young player of the year.
    There's so many holes in what you say and you wonder why I don't answer your questions. Why don't you just walk away from the thread instead of making yourself look even more clueless.

17. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A bunch of people on the boards these boards said it. I picked it up from them. CP obviously did too hence his 2014 reference which he wants forgotten.

I could be mistaken about the award. Meh. Could care less. I'm not perfect never claimed to be.

I don't really rate Verratti yet. So sue me.

18. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do you watch ligue 1?

Take up your dispute about the award with CP

19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm gona bang your sister and mom at the same time totti fan! Motta et trois!

Calcio Pauly and Sal repped this.
  20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You bought it up on this thread numerous times first and directly quoted it to me. Player of the year 2014. Don't deflect it to CP. You have talked nonsense over the last few pages.

21. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    sounds like you get around.

Rosay repped this.
  22. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Life is too short not to. Also helps when you have no standards

Rossonero23, Sal and totti fan repped this.
  23. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I asked you a question about Ligue 1 which you're ducking. Multiple times in fact.
    I responded to the question about the award in my post to Rosay.

24. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are you Verratti's dad by any chance?

Sal repped this.
  25. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    See post 241.
    I'll end it here before we cross a bridge too far as I enjoy your political posts.

Sal and totti fan repped this.