Ventura's Italia

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hope not. Immobile isn't good

Deleted User x repped this.
  2. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i agree he isn't good, unless ventura would make us surprise

3. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Pelle is now the 6th highest paid player in the world!!!

Rosay repped this.
  4. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm quite surprised as of lately that Italia has not produced and showcased a player or players of the talent as of a Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo for a long time a player that not only captures the heart but also the imagination of the world with skill, flare and technique... Why have we not?

5. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Does anyone know what Ventura will bring to the table in respect to his strengths and limitations for the AZZURRI ... What can we expect from this guy as coach of our Nazionale?

Deleted User x repped this.
  6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Immobile is a cavallo.

7. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Blame Opti Poba.

calabrese8 repped this.
  8. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't believe I didn't check this thread until now. So anyway I have read some rumors about Ventura for the first few qualifiers to continue Conte's work but changing some players. Our group is easy other than Spain so we should have loads of time and chances to experiment. There is tons of new talent coming to the national team, and we will have a very talented squad in 2018 no matter who Ventura takes (Well as long as he is not stupid of course).

Anyway there have been many formations I have thought that we could use. I can see us playing: 3-5-2, 3-4-3, and 4-4-2 the best. Maybe even 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2.

Buffon has already stated many times that he wants to end his career at the world cup, so I think we should keep him as number 1 goalie until then. I hope we can introduce Donarumma and Perin as our other goalkeepers, because they seem promising at a very young age.

I have had many thoughts about the defense. Maybe we stick with BBC, or maybe we switch to a back 4. First of all I am not sure about the final word on Barzagli. I have to say I think he will retire soon, and in two years from now unless he is still a beast, I say let's not start him at least. I'd say lets use the BBC with Barzagli for the first 2-3 qualifying games, and then switch. Rugani should be introduced to replace Barzagli when we use a back 3. He already is at Juve working with the BBC, so he'd be the perfect replacement. I say Ogbonna and Romagnoli should be fighting for a place on the bench. Both of them have had insane games and horrible games this season, and have been inconsistent, so I'll say for now Ogbonna and Romagnoli fight for a place on the bench. Now for the full backs/wing backs: I must say Florenzi is such an underrated player and has been a beast for Roma and has done really well for Azzurri as well. He really needs to be starting somewhere on the field. He is young and looks very promising. Then for the other side, I'd say Zappacosta and De Sciglio fight for a place. I am not sure how well these players can do on both sides. Florenzi and Zappacosta's main position is on the right, and De Sciglio on the left I think, but we should try all of them on both sides and see what works the best. Darmian is inconsistent, and I think he belongs on the bench, but I really don't see him as a starting player.

Now for the midfield, first of all as I predicted De Rossi has been excellent and is definitely not finished yet. However I'd say lets keep DDR in the team until both Marchisio and Verratti are back. In two years time I am afraid its time to kiss DDR goodbye. I'll say we don't need him in 2018, but we use DDR as an emergency if some of the younger players are injured. So kind of like Barzagli, I'll say we use DDR for the first 3-4 games, and then play without him, but if we have any key player injured, we call DDR back for an emergency backup. Marchisio and Verratti are our best midfielders for me, and in 2018 Verratti will be at his prime most likely. We should introduce Benassi and Jorginho into the team. Both look very promising, especially Benassi, I am impressed with this guy. Giacherinni has been amazing this tournament, and I am not sure if we use him in 2018, but for now I'll say Baselli and Giacherinni fight for a place in the squad. Motta needs to go. Parolo could be another emergency player along with DDR in case of injuries. I don't have many positive things to say about Bonaventura. He has been inconsistent, and I am honestly not sure what level he is at. He obviously should be considered but I won't say anything more about him at the moment. I have no idea whether he will flop or perform well.

Now for the attack, Eder and Pelle were solid, but its time to move on and I think we have a lot of promising young talent that is better than them. Pelle is in China now, so he is done with Azzurri. Eder is aging as well, and I don't think we need him at all. Immobile has got to go as well. Zaza should be considered for the bench. I think Belotti and Gabbiadini look like our most promising strikers, so I say they two are first choice and they fight for a starting place. Then on the bench I say Zaza and Pavelotti fight for a place on the bench. Now depending on how we play, I'll say Bernardeschi, Berardi, and Insigne should make the squad. Two of them should be starting with the third as a super sub. I honestly don't know which two, so I say lets have all three fight for the two positions and the third as a super sub. Bernardeschi and Berardi can play on both sides I think. Candreva has been good for Italy but has dipped in form for his club, so we really need to monitor him over the next two years. El Shaarawy has good pace but his shooting can be off target, so I'll say Candreva and SES fight for a place on the bench. Then over the next two seasons, we MUST keep a close eye on Saponara, and see how he does. If he looks promising, lets introduce him into the national team. We should test him in one of the qualifying games and in a couple friendlies as well and see how he does. If he is promising take him.

So in short I am kind of hoping for a 23 squad like this for 2018:

1. Buffon
    2. Perin
    3. Donarumma
    4. Chiellini
    5. Bonucci
    6. Rugani
    7. One of Ogbonna / Romagnoli
    8. Florenzi
    9. Zappacosta
    10. De Sciglio
    11. Darmian
    12. Marchisio
    13. Verratti
    14. Benassi
    15. Jorginho
    16. One of Baselli / Giacherinni
    17. Insigne
    18. Berardi
    19. Bernardeschi
    20. One of El Shaarawy / Candreva
    21. Gabbiadini
    22. Belotti
    23. One of Zaza / Pavoletti

If Saponara looks good replace him with either De Sciglio, Zappacosta, or Darmian. Whoever of them looks the least promising.

Emergency Backups: Sirigu, Barzagli, De Rossi, Parolo, Giovinco, Immobile.

So I am kind of leaning towards 3-4-3 and 4-3-3, but we should test more formations. The squad I listed above will be able to play many formations depending on which players start.

So what do you all think of my thoughts?

totti fan repped this.
  9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who is this to? Is it me? If so why?

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  11. ITA-SSCN=AZZURRI

Sep 15, 2008
    Ferraro factory
    Just keep doing what you do!!

Afghan-Juventus, Pietro Calcio and Rosay repped this.
  12. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We did produce one with talent like that, Balotelli. Unfortunately he has not gotten his head in the game yet.

13. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Remember the name Pietro Tomaselli.

14. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mini Messi lol

15. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He'll probably end up being the same height as Messi too lol

16. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It looks like he plays with older kids, that's why he usually is the smallest

17. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Oh my God...it is a miracle. For the first time in my life, I heard an Italian CT say that he was doing to adapt his formation based on his talent and not the other way around! Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating but it was nice to hear Ventura reeling off names of younger players. He knows the talent in Italia right now is wingers. 3-5-2 wastes that talent. So, he clearly is looking to change the formation and adapt.

Very promising!

Rosay repped this.
  18. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #118 Garibaldi, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    I just finished hearing the press conference.. here is the link

and I like the idea that he believes in our young players with talent... I hope and wish he brings to our nazionale , speed, power, flair, technique and lots of GOALS!!

we truly need to step up our game, I want to see young boys all over of the world and people talking in general sporting our Italian names on the backs of their soccer shirts and speaking with adoration, excitement, pride and respect once again and I hope we can get or have or find a player or players of the likes of a Messi, Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo that can ignite passion, love and the imagination of the world ...

Rosay and ITA-SSCN=AZZURRI repped this.
  19. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Wooohooo! i just tweeted about this today. Great news.

20. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    National break coming up. Will early season form play a part in selection?

21. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oh ya. Ventura was at the Milan Torino game. Bonaventura better get called up

22. Gatorbomb

Gatorbomb Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rugani, Romagnioli, and Donnarumma were not called up to the U21 team. I expect a call up to the senior team. I don't get the call ups thos, especially Rugani not getting much playing time. I think getting some game time is better than sitting on the bench.

Berardi was called up to the u21 and has been in great form, I think he should have been called up if anything. We're thinner up front than on defence or goal.

23. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I can't imagine Ventura not calling up Berardi. He's easily the most talented (and in form) offensive Italian player right now. I guess Ventura might be throwing one last bone to the Under 21 squad before closing that door.

24. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We really have no time to experiment until we finish our second game against Spain. We need to continue the way Conte was having us play, and after we finish our game with Spain next month, we can experiment.

I think if he doesn't call Berardi first go, he will soon.

25. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    Rumors of Gabbiadini going to Everton. Hopefully he leaves Napoli soon.