Ventura's Italia

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Stamos, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina

I don't recall Ventura saying "I don't call up Giovinco because MLS is shit". If anything, he might have said something like "players choosing to play for distant, lesser leagues are less likely to be called up because they will get used to a different style of play than ours" (referring to Pellé, Giovinco and maybe others that I don't remember), which is reasonable and doesn't however shut the door completely for exceptions (if justified - which apparently is not the case).

2. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let me ask you...When the announcer says " last dummy " , is he referring to the move Giovinco made? Or to the defender? I think it applies better to the defender , don't you ? :D

calabrese8 and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Antonio Conte initially said , suggested or at least implied it and Ventura continued on with the same thinking.

Giovinco: “Conte non mi ha convocato solo perché gioco in MLS

Conte tace sulla bocciatura di Pirlo e Giovinco, ma deve essere ...

I personally would have taken him down and risk a yellow or red. Too bad defenders don't do much of that anymore! ;)

Pietro Calcio repped this.
  4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Who is this Caroline? I'd like to play some Fifa with her too :D

Rosay, falvo and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Merita essere convocata!

6. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zaza is in pretty good form right now, i'd like to see him back on the team but Ventura is blind so that'll never happen along with Balotelli.

Rosay repped this.
  7. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

calabrese8 repped this.
  8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1208 falvo, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Forgetting about the current topic, is Roberto Inglese the answer to Italy’s goalscoring problema? I mean a Carpi an Chievo forward is our go to reserve option?

TFC vs. Carpi???? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mamma mia allora Andrea Carnevale dove lo metti? :D

9. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    100 % yes !!!

10. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He did make a difference last time on the pitch for The Azzurri.

Deleted User x repped this.
  11. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Inglese was only called up as a backup target man because of Belotti's injury.

Has Giovinco not only got better but also taller and stronger so as to play as a target man?

Because otherwise the Inglese argument is nor here nor there.

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No but Inglese from mighty Chievo and Carpi? These are the clubs the Italian national team is looking to for their forward line? We once had Milan, Juventus , Roma , Inter and even Fiorentina as clubs to align our forwards with and now we go to those clubs and this is what we are reduced to win a World Cup? Forget about Giovinco but that is pretty sad I'd say.

13. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    I commented on this some posts ago.
    Nowadays, top clubs resort to foreign talent in order to compete. It's hard to find more than 3-4 Italian starters in the top 5 teams. Therefore it is only natural that many NT players come from midtable teams.

(Inglese is owned by Napoli, by the way)

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah but at 25, World Cup age he never played for Napoli. As I pointed out the problem with Serie A is there is too many foreigners . At least when trying to select a national team. I think it’s sad. Maybe other country’s have the same problem but I only care about Italy.

15. Hidegkuti78

Hidegkuti78 Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    England definitely have had the same problem for much longer :D
    And it shows from their international results...

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1216 Calcio Pauly, Oct 19, 2017
    The last two people that Giovinco ran past were just too slow. Poor reaction time. Sort of par for the course for MLS defenders; slow and shitty.

You keep saying the league doesn't matter, while denying it's lower quality. You have to be thinking that it's not lower quality to say the first sentence. Sure he looks better against lower quality opposition, even if you don't believe the opposition is lower quality. It just is. I always play and score goals against lower quality players. Jovinko is doing the same.

It's really not that hard to figure out Falvo.

I think that's enough for me on this topic. Forza Jovinko.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1217 falvo, Oct 19, 2017
    How about the other point you never touched upon? How do you explain come Simon Elliott of New Zealand being voted man of match against Italy in June 2010 and who eliminated the WC champion single handedly? He was cut from my 5th division Serie D team in February and was without a club and then he best player on the field June? Seems kind of illogical doesn't it? By your reasoning, he shouldn't even be on the same field with these guys....

GK 12 Federico Marchetti
    RB 19 Gianluca Zambrotta
    CB 5 Fabio Cannavaro (c)
    CB 4 Giorgio Chiellini
    LB 3 Domenico Criscito
    RM 7 Simone Pepe
    Substituted off 46' CM 6 Daniele De Rossi
    CM 22 Riccardo Montolivo
    LM 15 Claudio Marchisio Substituted off 61'
    SS 9 Vincenzo Iaquinta
    CF 11 Alberto Gilardino Substituted off 46' Substitutions:
    MF 16 Mauro Camoranesi Substituted in 46'
    FW 10 Antonio Di Natale Substituted in 46'
    FW 20 Giampaolo Pazzini Substituted in 61'

18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #1218 Calcio Pauly, Oct 19, 2017
    Man, do you reach! I'm supposed to guess how you're going to try and connect random unrelated points now? Maybe you can tell me in advance what other random, non related points can you come up with to prove something that not a single person is following you on?

Give it up Falvo. It's a failed narrative you're holding onto.

Next up, the price of tea in China...Pelle...and Silvio Pioli are somehow related to this too. LOL.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1219 falvo, Oct 19, 2017
    Scusa Pauly, ma perché non puoi rispondere alla mia domanda? Io ti ho dato un esempio ed è la verità dei fatti! Nessuno dice che questo Giovinco è meglio degli altri. Sto dicendo solamente che se tutti questi altri scartati possono giocare, sono sicuro che anche lui c’è la può fare e basta. Non capisco il discorso oppure il problema. Se uno è capace e può giocare , lo fa in qualsiasi livello. Queste sono cose pratiche che succedono ad ogni luogo del mondo ed anche in ogni campo di calcio.

20. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Why are you writing in Italian? I think most everyone here can understand, no?

You are coming up with random unrelated examples that only serve to confirm your own bias and set-in-stone belief about MLS, when in reality they're totally unrelated.

Falvo, unless you like writing stuff that doesn't compute, here's an easy way to end this ridiculous back and forth.

Say this:

"Pirlo is a piece of shit and I think he sucks and is a druggie!"

then

"Giovinco is the greatest thing since sliced bread!"

Cmon already. No one is following. I'm wasting my time, and I think you're a nice guy but...you know...you're too invested in MLS.

Sure, Giovinco can play, like you say, but he's not going to make much difference, so why all the tears over him not being called?

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1221 falvo, Oct 19, 2017
    Because I'm only addressing you!
    I gave examples and truths and backed them up with facts. Just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean they aren't true.

Pirlo is a druggie. Look at him. How would you like to run into him him in a dark alley in NYC? Mamma mia! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

Never stated anything of the sort.

Dude, you are the one who is going on but is it really that big of a deal? Why do you care so much?

Maybe not and never said he would but if they can pick Pinco pallino, I'm sure he can be picked too.

22. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Meh, i can see both sides of the argument. Giovinco didn't play terribly in Italy, he did pretty good at Parma and then started riding the bench at Juve. Of course he's going to shine in MLS but to say he has little skill and is undeserving of a NT call up is absurd. We have to look at some facts though, he's 30 and has some tough competition for a spot on the team, he's super sub material at best.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1223 falvo, Oct 19, 2017
    Never thought he would be a star. Far from it. Maybe provide a spark if they needed one but that is about it. At this point though, they should look to the Under 20's for their forwards. I like this guy Patrick Cutrone scoring 4 goals in 4 games. He may very well be called up in June. If they qualify.

Rosay repped this.
  24. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Please guys enough with Giovinco and Balotelli, ok??? Whether they should be called up or not has been discussed way too much. I think it is clear Ventura is not calling up any of them.

I am kind of happy honestly because Balotelli I can never trust him to play with the team especially in big matches, and Giovinco isn't good enough. Enough said.

However the player that does really need a call up soon is Berardi.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Berardi would be cool. Haven’t see a calabrese on Italia in a while.

calabrese8 repped this.