Venezuela withdraws Israel ambassador.

Discussion in 'International News' started by El CHarro_NEgro...., Aug 4, 2006.

1. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Is it possible more Lebanese have been killed in Venezuela than Venezuelans in Lebanon?
    http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1811283&page=1
    "the three Faddoul brothers John, 17, Kevin, 13, and Jason, 12, with dual Canadian-Venezuelan citizenship ... lived with their Canadian father and Venezuelan mother, both of Lebanese descent"

2. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Hugo Chavez: The Cindy Sheehan of dictators...

3. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    Oh no, we're doomed!!!

Seriously, why does Chavez think anyone in Israel (or the rest of the world) cares? I'm not really interested in South American politics, but from what I heared from a few friends of mine Chavez is anti-Jewish/Israel. Good riddance.

4. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Chavez is a smart guy and I totally respect him for standing up against Bush , the world needs more people like him. And I hope more countries take the same step as Venezuela , they should even close down the Israeli embassy until the Israeli states stop killing innocent people .

5. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    I don't think anyone in Israel really cares about Chavez and his ambassador. I think that most Israelis don't his his ambassador was recalled. I didn't know about it until I read it here. I didn't notice it on any news sites, Israeli or worldwide. The fact is that only Al Jazeera consider it newsworthy.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You would care if you are Jewish and live in Venezuela. I have some customers who recently moved their whole family from Venezuela to Mexico because they claim that Chavez is anti-semitic. They left their business behind, because the harassment was, according to them, becoming untenable.

It is interesting that people praise Chavez, when he is a bigot and a demagogue who is trying to entrench himself in power. Not only wipes his ass with his country's constitution, but is developing a dangerous cult of personality and is a big fan of Castro's Cuba, the most restrictive society in the western hemisphere. His vision for latin America is a very dangerous one, and he has the power of oil behind him.

But he speaks out against Bush, so he must be good, right? Can people be so moronic not to realize that he is anti-Bush and anti-American only because it serves him in order to manipulate the masses? If it served his ambitions he would be the stouchest Bush supporter, that is how these demagogues are.

7. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    All right, enough with this "Jews care about Jews wherever they are" sh*t. Just like most Muslims in Saudi Arabia and Egypt don't care about those in Indonesia, Jews in Israel don't care more about the Jews in Venezuela than they care about Christians in Bolivia. I wouldn't want to see them get murdered, of course, because it's murder, but I doubt it would get to anything serious and there is more anti-semitism in some European countries than in Venezuela.

I think valanjak is Iranian. That's why he's praising Venezula - Iran's ally

8. Amerikaki

Amerikaki Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Queens
    They should have sent him home before he could be "recalled'. There is a reason that Chavez and Ahmendickinhismouth are such good friends...

9. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Anti-Bush? You're right.

Just like matter and antimatter are almost identical except the charge, you're saying Chavez and Bush both share many of the same traits, right?

dangerous cult of personality? Check
    Demagogue? Check
    Constitional as toilet paper? Check
    Crazy, dangerous visions? Check

etc etc etc

10. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    My point is the fact that Israel is really unpopular right now because of the destruction they created. I read somewhere that people in Canada consider Israel and Iran the biggest threats .

11. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Link?

12. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm/fuseaction/viewItem/itemID/12734

13. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    It's a good thing Hezbollah isn't a country or they may have to do the same thing.

14. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Let me guess, Canadians are anti-Semitic , right?

15. Berkovic

Berkovic New Member

May 28, 2006
    Kfar-Saba, Israel
    The fact is that the ambassador was recalled because Venezuela is in a good relationship with Iran. No other nation recalled their ambassadors, did they?

Chavez could shoves his ambassador up Ahmadinejad's ass for all I care.

16. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    That might be true but that’s not going to change the fact that the world opinion is against Israel right now, and Israel has no one to blame but herself for that, no one is going to treat a murderer as a hero and in this conflict Israel is the murderer, the more they kill the less popular they become .

17. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Israel will always be loved by its lovers and always hated by its haters, its that nominal number of individuals who are in the middle who get swayed by the events, and so perhaps they are turning against Israel somewhat. The change isnt noteworthy in my opinion.

18. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Public opinion is the most important factor in any event , why do you think Jewish lobbyist spend so much money in the US? Have you seen the support Israel commercials on the Fox news channel lately? The timing of those commercials is not a coincidence, a lot of Americas are against Israel in this conflict , but your always going to find Americans the most pro-Israeli population in the world. I am sure Israel cares about the public opinion in Western countries

19. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Nope. I wouldn't say that.

The survey was ambiguous as to whether the country was dangerous or whether the situation involving that country is dangerous. Without Hamas and Hizbullah, the percentage would be just about 0.

20. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    They'd club Jews like baby seals, given the chance.

(C'mon, I'm kidding!)

21. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The Liberals are.

22. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Canada is a perfect example of a Democratic government with a great foreign policy , I don’t believe Canadian or their government are anti-Semitic.

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah but the big difference is that if Bush tried to change the law concerning his time in office he would be shut down, tied up, and booted out. In Ven. Chavez is trying to do just that. He wants to remain El President until 2032.

Chavez is going to be the new Castro now that Castro is about to kick off. The difference is that Chavez has oil behind him.

24. Plus the rest of Latinamerica is no longer tied to puppet regimes of the USA, so other countries might follow him.