Venezuela vs Colombia (Eliminatorias )

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Flipmode2000, Aug 2, 2017.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Or the old guys at Nacional I mentioned earlier.

(Would love to see Lerma though.)

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Valencia and Aldo are too old and not that good. Uribe benched both of them and he wasn't that great either.

Hope Lerma gets his shot but how is his match fitness?

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #78 HomietheClown, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    This is qualifying. Age does not matter for two games in August/September.
    All that matters is current form.
    From what I have seen and have been reading ... ... these two have a chance to be called up. Especially Valencia.

Remember the Colombian league is already in full swing while most other leagues have not even started or have barely started.

I am not saying it is a done deal here but don't count out anyone from Atletico Nacional being called up.

4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why not Perez of Cali. Isn't he more of a starter then Abel there? If we don't care about age.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

So Hector Cardenas should be the coach of Colombia in that criteria (the same guy that received 4 goals at home )....a guy that bench camilo vargas in a final too, when was the starter during all the torunament

Perez isnt better than aguilar, and he isnt nt material.

kromekote repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    For those wondering about TV coverage in the USA:

This match will be televised on beIN SPORTS en Español en vivo at 5PM Eastern.

BeIN SPORTS English is not scheduled to show it live due to Chile-Paraguay pre- game/game coverage.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  7. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That doesn't make sense tho

We are the 5pm game
    Arg-Uruguay 7pm(most exciting game)
    Chile - Paraguay 8:30
    Brazil v Ecuador 8:45
    Peru v Bolivia 10:15

http://www.espnfc.com/scores?date=20170831

They can basically show every game but 1 of the 8pm ones

All of Colombia and Arg game. Then start late one of the 8pm ones most likely Brazil. Why wouldn't you show Brazil!!! Then show 2nd half of Peru game

Has Bolivia been given their points back? If not the Chile v Paraguay game and the Peru v Bolivia are way less exciting.

But back to this game all we need to do is win. 27 points and 5 place basically in the bag

8. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Bolivia case won't be determined till end of August.

9. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We already discussed about it in the past and I will probably be the only one who think that but it's bothers me to see Pabon scores all the time in Mexico, perform very well but knowing that he won't get called. We all know that if it wasn't the incident in Quito, he would be called long time ago. I suggest him to straight things up with Pekerman, hopefully it's not too late. Professionally wise, he deserves to be in the NT.

11. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wasn't impressed with him at all at the Olympics. That was his chance to showcase his talent and he disappointed in my opinion.

Azucarero and pepinointer repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The whole team wasn't impress. That was a year a go. In the meantime the guy has brilliant tournaments with Monterrey since he arrived there, he most likely their best player. His current form does justify a call up but of course i won't happen.

13. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Come on Pibe. Let It go. He doesn't fit in the national team. He is way too selfish for the collective minded Play that Pekerman has implemented.

He isn't a great loss because we have incredible range shooters in Cardona and James. No one can deny that Pabon has a wonderful right foot and is very fast, but he isn't indispensable because that's pretty much all he has. I prefer Yimmy Chara, a guy that has similar attributes but is great in collective play.

Azucarero repped this.
  14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nothing to do with Chara, who I really like. Cardona also had bad attitude until Osorio made him a normal player which gave him the opportunity with Pekerman. Pabon had incident in the national team five(!) years ago and that's it. Don't you think that anyone deserves a second chance? The fact that we have Cardona, James and Chara doesn't mean that we cannot call other talented players which in Colombia we don't have too much and for me Pabon is surely one of them. That's my opinion. At least.

15. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #91 Baal88, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    I'm not even talking about that "incident". His playing style per se is selfish. He always tries to shoot even if there is another player completely alone. And that kind of thing is something that hasn't changed since 2008. The first time I saw him play.

I really enjoyed him when he played at envigado and Nacional, but I sincerely don't see what he has that even deserves the bench of the NT. He hasn't evolved a goddamned thing in 10 years. The reason why I insist in this is because he could be incredibly useful collectively if he wanted. When a defender knows how hard his shots are they usually try to deflect It, and that gives him a great opportunity to pick the best option, which he usually doesn't. In México he could be not only a goalscoring machine but also a creator.

Azucarero, GavoCol and pepinointer repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He struggled against u-23 kids and isn't true that all players looked bad .

He looks bad

We don't need him ...no better than our forwards ...and neither than our wings

He isn't collective

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good resume of his form of play

Avilés hurtado and Julian quinones deserve a spot before him

18. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LOL that's disrespectful! Aviles in the NT would be like seeing pigs fly for me. Tronciles Hurtado

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But he have improved a lot of ...by merits he have done more recently than Pabon

I don't want him honestly , but hw have improved from his days in Colombia

Mexico nt want him

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think he done that great to be on the NT... especially as a starter like many people want.

As for Pabon. In Mexico Pabon is 1,000x better then Chara. Colombian league isn't that great for us to start calling dudes based on a few games. That being said I def don't want to see Pabon on the NT nor Teo

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chara was in the last season one of the best players of monterrey........

all colombians players despite his quality cant adapt to mexico and other colombians players that were shit in colombia are stars in mexico....

Chara have talent beyond the league he is playing, that is evident....and he isnt a lazy

Guarin played in europe in top leagues, and his level in NT was just horrible

Azucarero repped this.
  22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I respect your opinion, although I don't completely agree regarding "he always shoot". He set up many plays in both Nacional and Monterrey. I do agree that he is a nit more selfish than most of the NT players. But again, I don't see what's wrong to talk with a player, explain him the expectations and invite for a friendly. If it won't work, you don't call him. But a player like him in the bench you have too many in Colombia. And despite his improvement, Aviles still isn't better than him while Quiñones not in the level of even close to both of them.

23. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    By the way, what do you think of Benedetti? Has a place on the bench? I do admit that I really curious to see him in yellow and with Pekerman's influence, especially if James will absent, but on the other hand maybe it should be first in friendly. Last tournament he was really good, this tournament with the rest of Cali's form, his ability decreased.

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I like Bendetti but that is def a friendly against a crap team call up. Let's not call the kid against two of the teams that traditionally school us and have everyone hate him.