Venezuela 2007 - Copa America - Resources Page

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Palermo10, Jul 8, 2006.

1. ESPNisPUSS

ESPNisPUSS New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Awhile back I heard the games in Barinas and Barquisamento would be moved to Merida and San Cristobol. I doubt this will happen. Barinas is the Hometown of Hugo Chavez it wouldn't look to good for such things to happen under his brothers watch. His bro is the govenor of this State.

Tix demand may be high but this is just a hedge on inflation to mist Venezuelans. If your willing to cough up $100 for a ticket consider that a weeks wage for most people there.

After what happened in Athens I'd watch out for the bogus tix.

2. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    CRAP!!!!! JUST SPOKE WITH DELUJO REPRESENTATIVES....

This coming Monday all folks with internet receipts will be receiving emails with instructions as to when and where to redeem your tix.
    The lady told me ALL TIX FOR EVERY MATCH ARE SOLD OUT...

I've watched EVERY copa in the last 20 years, and there are always empty seats for some matches. When I went to the PEru Copa, I was able to buy my tix - 2 days before the match! AND THAT WAS FOR QF!

SO HOW CAN ALL MATCHES BE SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!! I'll post also in the Copa AMerica thread...

3. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Thanks for keeping the info coming! Do you know anything about cheapish accomodations in Venezuela? Seems like the only stuff in Maracaibo I can find online is catering to the business crowd. Do any places like hostels or pensiones exist in Venezuela?

Also, has anybody heard about proof of Yellow Fever and Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccinations needed to enter into Venezuela? I think I saw it on CopaAmerica.com a few weeks back. I think they are instituting it specifically for the Copa, so it may not show up in guide books, etc. It would suck to be turned back at the border!

4. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I have my Dr appointment next Wed to get my shots:p .... I would probably get a hep shot or a booster shot but it really depends also where you plan to go. Cheapish accomodations are easy to find ALL OVER. The hard part is finding good hotels. There are no hostels but they have 'posadas' and 'hourly' rates for rooms.... good luck!

Danilo-11, who is Venezuelan recommends you contact the fans at UMaracaibo or Tachira. they can probably guide you as to where you DONT want to be.

5. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    The sold out status is likely suspect...

I think that tickets will come available as Delujo sorts out the internet mess that they made. I have one "pending order" (which I didn't pay for) that was emailed to me in no fewer than 3 different forms, with 3 different ticket amounts! I have gotten other people's orders sent to my mailbox, etc. So I think there is likely a huge gap between tickets that are "sold" and tickets that are actually paid for.

venezuela2007.com has several news posts that indicate that DeLujo has royally botched the allocation process.

That, plus the likelihood of ample scalping opportunities leads me to believe snagging tix close to match time will not be a problem.

6. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I tend to agree with your points about 'opportunities'. Although, there are some that are taking this in stride...like Ole, Ole is selling Arg v Colombia tix for $250 a pop...

7. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    I just got a confirmation order for the USvParaguay game (although no charge on my CC). I noticed one other game still available as well (UruguayvPeru).

8. Thunderpac

Thunderpac Member

Feb 16, 2000
    NE Minneapolis
    Somehow I am not concerned about getting in to these games. I just don't see where demand would be so high in a baseball-loving country like Venezuela. There were tickets for sale at the gate for some of the matches in Korea in 2002. There will be tickets for sale at the gate or through scalpers in Venezuela.

Consider also my experience so far with ordering tickets for this Copa America: I placed an order for tickets to the three USA matches, entering my credit card and passport info in the process. A few days later a charge for $46 was posted to my credit card. Several days later I got an email indicating that there was a problem with my credit card and that I must log in and correct it. I logged in and my order was listed as canceled. I emailed Delujo Promociones about it and they replied three days later indicating that my order was in progress and I needed to log in and enter a credit card. I logged in and did so just now. So will I get a refund for the previous one? Will the second one actually stick or will they botch it again? Who knows, the people running this thing are no-talent ass-clowns.

I have no confidence in the ticketing process here. The lines reported on the news and the "overwhelming demand" are a result of no-talent ass-clowns botching things up.I think I would have been better off waiting until game day to buy my tickets. What a bunch of no-talent ass-clowns.

9. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Wow. I'm surprised you even go a response from Delujo! I emailed them separately for EACH order they botched (which was many) over a week ago and haven't heard back. Hacks.

Apparently there is an email being sent out tomorrow about how tickets will be delivered. Given that they have been late with every other "planned" announcement, I would give them at least a week to tell us they have no tickets for us!

Good luck!

10. ESPNisPUSS

ESPNisPUSS New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    It's a scam to keep all the wealth in Venezuela. Let the locals control the scalping. Smart for Copa to issue the tix after most visitors had booked their flights.

The posts about ticket centers appear to be how tix are to be distributed. Press credentials will be issued the same way too.

I hope

11. ESPNisPUSS

ESPNisPUSS New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    It's a scam to keep all the wealth in Venezuela. Let the locals control the scalping. Smart for Copa to issue the tix after most visitors had booked their flights.

The posts about ticket centers appears to be how tix are to be distributed. Press credentials will be issued the same way too.

I hope

12. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Interesting...My CC was charged and my conf email were all accomplished within an hour of my placing the order.

Now the ticket sales page has no games available...

The conspiracy continues....

13. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
  14. TCNJFan

TCNJFan New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Fairborn, OH
  15. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It'll be fine. When they start burning US flags and hanging Uncle Sam puppets let me know... ;)

Several protest have gotten out of hand, happens all the time unfortunately everywhere IN THE WORLD. Police and locals tend to be overzealous with their actions. This announcement to shut down RCTV had been made weeks ago and all had been relatively calm. They're based in Caracas, which doesnt help the situation. Chavez is way agressive IMO about his political campaigning and is now going after 2 other TV stations - that's when people start realizing it's a bit too much...

16. ESPNisPUSS

ESPNisPUSS New Member

Apr 27, 2007
  17. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. TCNJFan

TCNJFan New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Fairborn, OH
    It will be interesting to see how that match goes. Any idea about the number of supporters who will be going down there for the match?

19. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think there will be many, if any, Canadian supporters at the game. Perhaps a few that live in Venezuela? I'm not sure of the accuracy of this statement, but I heard the Canadian team is under army protection because of the anti-Chavez protests near their hotel.

20. I. Tristeza

I. Tristeza Member

Oct 7, 2004
    San Antonio, Texas
    Any online streams of this match by any chance?

21. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A torrent is available over on ********.com

22. soccerslut69

soccerslut69 Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Anybody see the revamped delujopromociones.com web site?

There is some message about tickets being delivered 5 days before the match. I doubt they are referring to us NorteAmericanos. Any native Spanish speakers make out exactly what they are saying?