Velez v Boca - Libertadores 07 - 8vos Vuelta 05-09-07 (R)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by vipnerd, May 8, 2007.

1. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I can't believe I screwed up and thought the game was at 8 pm for some reason. Oh well, the most important is that Boca moved on and that Riquelme is continuing to get into a groove. He has put together some very good performances in the past month or so. He will only get better!

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Caranta had a good game but was too slow in the 3rd goal. Reminded me of Vicent Sanchez's goal in the match at Toluca.

The 2nd half was controlled and Boca deserved to score a 2nd with any of those Roman attempts.

These are 180 minutes games. Too bad that Ledesma will not play the next game ... he is very important to Boca's mid.

Bye, bye Velez. Nice to play with you. SIGAN PARTICIPANDO. :D

3. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    You're all full of it, estaban recagados. Si Riquelme merecia hacer un gol por los pelotazos en los palos, Velez merecia almeno 2 goles mas. Se comieron 3 y encima la figura fue Caranta.:rolleyes:

It was a very entertaining game thats for sure.

Now this, if Riquelme played the way he did last night in the World Cup,Argentina salia campeon.

Es otro Bochini,otro Beto Alonso, what do I mean by this? Es jugador de club nada mas.

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    ya ok :rolleyes:

[youtube]6QqsEWJApwM[/youtube]

5. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    oh common he is an overated player and really didnt do shit in the wc. listen like i said before riquelme is a great player but the press and boca fans, act as if he is going to save the world from apocalypse. its like leoriver said he is a club player although he did miss that penalty for villareal :eek:

6. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    he was one of the better players for Argentina in the WC. He didn't play up to his potential, but even playing 50% of what he is capable of, he played better than almost every other player on the squad

he led the Wc in assists

7. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    It is difficult to overrate a player when many like to play with a 4-4-2 without an enganche. That closes most of the criticism against Roman.

For those that do like to play with an enganche ... is there any doubt that Roman is the best argentine enganche? Well ... nobody pretends to have 100% agreement. He is not Maradona.

But to minimize his back problems thruout ALL the 05-06 season ... which saw him lead Villarreal to the semis of the CL, and pretend that the physical demand of the season doesn't affect a player during the WC, then there is little to talk about. Just look at the "#1 player" the prior couple years and his impact in the WC. Did Dinho even play? Next.

Back to the game ... had the time to watch it over last nite. The first 15 minutes was all Velez. No science here. They needed to score 3 times. After that, and up to the Ledesma red (35th minute) it was ALL Boca. The last 10 minutes (including added time) were Velez's ... missing Ledesma had EVERYTHING to do with it.

The first 5 minutes of the 2nd half were the same Velez control. The motivation of starting the last 45 of their campaign in Libertadores, against 10 ... at home. And with Banega and Clemente on yellows. No wonder the ball was all 2nd half coming thru Velez's right.

But after those initial 5 minutes, Boca cruised the 2nd half. Played intelligently, and had the chances to equalize. This is when those that dislike Roman must have been eating their underwear. What a display of talent and balls.

Caranta's mistake in the 3rd gave Velez some hope. Too little, too late. Well done Velez ... now show some balls against Estudiantes. And get ready to join the rest of fans next Thursday. The game is shown on TV. ;)

8. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i wouldnt say that much, i think the reason that everyone hates him is beacuse whenever he gets named all you bosteros and press start cumming in you're pants, he had his chance and blew it. i will give him another chance, but not anytime soon, id rather see veron than roman right now.

9. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

I will quote Basile for you: "A ti te gusta el 4-4-2. The gusta el 0-0." ;)

Didn't know you were "Gallito #2"

10. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i dont like the 4-4-2 but its the way soccer is going, at least we arent playing a 4-5-1.

anyways i hate that vendido of basile i hope columbia scores five on us again so he can quit.

also veira is better, "yo sabia que estabamos en una dificil situacion, pero pedi un cuatro y me trajieron un pomelo."

11. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope that Riquelme's term with the NT are over, not only he's a pecho frio who lacks a backbone using his mother as an excuse to deflect well based criticism but he needs a team that's center around him to succeed. He's successfull in Boca and Villareal because he's teammates play for him, he must dictate the tempo of the game with his slowness or he's left all alone with the ball with everyone playing at a faster pace. The NT (and Barca for that too) has too much talent to simply be centered on Riquelme. If we didn't have Saviola, Tevez, Messi, Aguero, etc... then he would be our best option, but as it is Riquelme will only hinder the game of our other players. You could Messi getting frustrated with Riquelme in the WC in a couple of games.

12. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Other than Maxi Rodriguez and perhaps Ayala, Riquelme was the best player at the 2006 WC and doesn't deserve the criticism he received. Saviola should be thanking Riquelme for the incredible pass or else he would have never scored a WC goal

13. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    It's really funny. I remember talking to plus reading comments on here from people all over the world. Most of them were saying how great Riquelme was, how Argentina would have probably gone through to the next round if Pekerman didn't take him off against Germany, ext, ext...

Of course you get to these boards and a bunch of River fans and other people who hate Boca talk shit about him 24/7 with such bitterness when it's obvious they'd give their left nut to have a player of Riquelme's caliber on their team. Half of elciclon post are either about Boca or Riquelme. Seriously get over it.

14. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    repped

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did Roman sleep with your lady?

16. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Typical answer from boca fans, that all the gallinas are talking shit about him.Its the obvious. Everyone can see it. He is a good player,great player for boca just not for the national team. Watch these games with boca then watch a game from the world cup and you will see the difference.

Last night besides hitting those 2 shots on the cross bar he ran and marked like if he was a recovering midfield.Never saw him do that shit for the NT. We all know it.Stop being some up tight b!tches and recognize. :)

18. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    must spread rep before giving it to leoriver again.

this man speaks the truth/.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Puro pecho frio.

20. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    stadium looks a little empty in the back whats going on.

oh and by the way look at that un vendido con un pedaso de hielo.

21. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Good post Leo. :cool:

If Roman goes to Copa America ... you'll cream you pants.

22. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i dont think anyone outside of boca will, but you guys will die of jerking of too much.:rolleyes:

23. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    que envidia de riquelme por dios

24. smd9

smd9 Guest

I love Riquelme as much as most of you guys, and believe me I do.
    For Boca and Villareal as most of you have seen he's been incredible, especially during the copa libertadores so far. He's the best player in the Argentine league at the moment hands down.

For the Nat'l team eh... Mediocre at best.

the only time he's played up to his standards for the nat'l team was against Brazil during the world cup qualifiers, about two years ago.

other than that game he's been mediocre.

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagreed. Maxi Rodriguez and Ayala were amazing. Mascherano was also on fire, he recupertated EVERYTHING. I think Saviola was our best foward and was important.. Hmm, oh yes.. Abbondanzieri was also better (except for when he subbed himself out vs. Germany). To say Riquelme was the best behind Maxi and Ayala is giving him way too much credit.

Well said. Agreed 100%.