News: Velez campeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by NYC_COSMOS, Jul 5, 2009.

1. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguante EL FORTIN!!!!!!!!

VAMOS VELEZ C A R A J O!!!!!

2. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    God Dammit.. I wanted Huracan to win. What a bullshit called on the goal!!

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, man that was a foul. Monzon made a rookie mistake though, you never let go of the ball even if they chop your arm off!

The look in Cappa's eyes after the goal was heartbreaking, good futbol man he is.

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He a MAESTRO..

5. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Huracan put 11 men behind the ball for most of the game. Velez out played them for the majority of the game.

After the missed penalty, when Huracan should have grown as a team, they actually dimished and Velez got stronger.

DALE CAMPEON!!!!
    DALE CAMPEON!!!!
    DALE CAMPEON!!!!

6. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, the wet field always works in favor of the less skilled team. Hoping Cappa and the boys can continue their wonderful run next season.
    Btw, Otamendi is a monster...I also liked Razotti, Moralez and Coronel.

7. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know if the less skilled team won. Velez shut down Huracan very well. Huracan has several losses this season where as Velez has one, although they do have one more win.

Either way, now we are tied with Racing with 7 domestic championships. Little by little we are making strides to join the best of the best in Argentina.

Now, we are on to Libertadores!! VAMOS FORTIN C A R A J O!!!!!

8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats Cosmos!

9. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank you!!!!!

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The more experienced team won.

Congratulation to Velez!

And thanks to Huracan for playing the most attractive football throughout the season.

11. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With this title, we now have 7 domestic trophies, equaling Racing and if you add our international titles we equal San Lorenzo with 13.

Hopefully this isn't the last one.

DALE CAMPEON!!!
    DALE CAMPEON!!!

12. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to Velez and hopefully it is the last one.:p:D

13. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Thank you

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes. It's about time Boca Juniors wins one again. Going one whole season without winning the title is way to long.

But Velez deserved it this year. And they deserve without a doubt to be counted among the big clubs of Buenos Aires. They are up there with Racing and San Lorenzo. Maybe a bit behind Independiente historically, but definitely a big club.

15. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh of course, but man I am missing the gold and blue ribbons and ticker tape.:(

16. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Make that the new millenium.

And yeah congratz to Velez, but I'm still heartbroken by the terrible mistake from the ref. To ruin a championship is disastrous.

Don't forget that Huracan was a team in formation, and as so, it is only normal that they lose some games in the tournament. The difference is that they came together as a team fast enough to compete for the title ... and did so very well until Brazenas fuct it all up. They won very difficult games, playing mouth-watering footie.

And despite all the Bilardista press, that now attack Cappa and Huracan - God I would shoot Elio Rossi off to Saturn- as they can't stand a team that plays beautiful footie, this Huracan will withstand time and when you talk about 2009, everyone will remember how that Cappa team that played so well was robbed the title by a ref mistake.

One more thing to add ... Velez is an organized club, with a great project and with cash from good sales. They want to compete with San Lorenzo ... but you can't come out and blatantly disappear the balls in a final like that. That, pardon my drastic remark, makes you look as a small team.

Aguante el tiki-tiki!

17. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In my opinion Brazenas robbed Huracán without favouring Vélez because he was terrible for both sides. But still both sides deserved the thing but only one could get it, too bad it had to end like that.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, he made some tough calls against Velez, like disallowing the goals (properly), not calling a penalty (improperly) and the red card to Moralez. So, I don't think he was purposely favoring them. But he did ******** up seriously in a couple of plays that hurt Huracan: the improperly disallowed goal, and missing the foul against the goalkeeper that led to the winning goal.

Brazenas had a bad game at the worst possible time, and he himself admitted as much, after watching the replays.

19. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    El tiki tiki was being played at El Fortin for much of the tournament as well.

Boca has never hidden a ball? PUHLEEZE!

I've been saying this since SUNDAY. Where was el tiki tiki? Huracan never brought their game. They never imposed their style. They allowed Velez to break their circuit of play and when "las papas quemanban" they fell back and broke down.

Velez after the missed penalty, started playing better, with their play they said "WE WANT THIS THROPHY". Huracan just stood back and allowed it to happened.

Wanna talk about small team tactics? How about when Arano, the goalie, Eduardo Dominguez all rushed Bati Larrivey and told him to kick the ball to the stands? Where was el tiki tiki then?

BOROM BOM BOM, el TIKI TIKI, no les sirvio!!!!!!!
    BOROM BOM BOM, el TIKI TIKI, no les sirvio!!!!!!!

20. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Cosmos:
    why do the Velez hinchas wave what appear to be Italian green, white and red colors? Was it once like Audax Italiano of Chile is, and Palmeiras of Brasil was, a club formed by Italian descended people?

Congrats by the way. And wouldn't you rather have Gareca or Cappa as manager of the Albiceleste?

21. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes the Green, white, and red is homage to the italian heritage of the club. Althought there is some Irish in there as well.

I think that both are great manager, with an obvious nod towards Gareca because of club loyalties.

Right now, Maradona is the coach and thats who I support. Personally I would prefer Bielsa/Bianchi.

22. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well about 1/2 the clubs in Argentina had some Italian founder...

23. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was an amazing game (especially with the hail and the Clausura title on the line). Both teams played well. The refereeing was controversial, though.

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd like to see Gareca coach la seleccion at some point. He is a very intelligent coach and strategist.

And of course he has a history of success for Argentina as a player. Although he didn't play at the World Cup, Gareca scored the key goal in the eliminatorias that classified Argentina for Mexico 86. And we all know what happened in Mexico.

The only negative is that he was once a traitor, transferring from Boca to River. But I don't hold that agaisnt him so much, I don't think it was his decision, it was more a problem of Boca being broke at the time and getting rid of its players, and choosing to trade him to River. And at any rate he scored lots of goals for Boca and he hardly played for River before moving on to play in Colombia.

25. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yup, and a lot of English as well for obvious reasons, but I can't see the Union Jack being waved in one of our stadiums anytime soon.:D;)