Vanity Plates

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by skijerze, Jun 28, 2007.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that warning has nothing to do with protecting your son and everything to do with the manufacturer protecting themselves from lawsuits. as they say, MAY CONTAIN NUTS!

just think, does a would-be kidnapper need a vanity plate if he wants to find out your son's name in the park? can he really lure a child away using it? and anyway, if the caregiver is inattentive enough for that to happen i don't think the name makes any difference.

2. skijerze

skijerze New Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Wallington
    Yes, he can really lure a child away just using the name. We are talking about small toddler's who will response when they call their name by a stranger and for toddlers who still don't understand the concept of not talking to strangers.

Regarding being inattentive enough, you cannot have your eyes on your toddler every seconds especially if you have more than one kid. I was at the mall the other day with my son. I let him walk with me inside the store. I was holding his hand. He started acting up because he wants me to let go of his hand. I let his hand go, so he don't get hurt from twisting and turning. He ran so fast out of the store. I almost had a heart attack. I didn't see him for a few seconds. He could had been easily lured by calling his name by a predator.

You are right about that the predator don't need a vanity plates to get my son's name but it will make my son an easy target.

3. endlesswinterco

endlesswinterco BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2008
    East Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i want to get a vanity plate for the gunners but im falling short of creative ones, can be seven letters max, any help is appreciated.

4. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's one in Ohio which is simply, "ARSNLFC"

5. endlesswinterco

endlesswinterco BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 1, 2008
    East Coast
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that is simple, didn't even come up with that one.

6. Cade

Cade Member

Jul 7, 2008
    NGR-PLZ
    LOL-AMG
    PIITB

those have been my favorites that I've seen.