Vancouver Whitecaps News Thread & other media

Discussion in 'Vancouver Whitecaps' started by whiteisthecolour, Aug 20, 2010.

1. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    if true, i want to hear what robo's die-hard friends and supporters like kristian jack and steven caldwell have to say

2. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    FIFA Regulations:

Conflicts of interest

1.Prior to engaging the services of an intermediary, players and/or clubs shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that no conflicts of interest exist or are likely to exist either for the players and/or clubs or for the intermediaries.

2.No conflict of interest would be deemed to exist if the intermediary discloses in writing any actual or potential conflict of interest he might have with one of the other parties involved in the matter, in relation to a transaction, representation contract or shared interests, and if he obtains the express written consent of all the other parties involved prior to the start of the relevant negotiations.

3. If a player and a club wish to engage the services of the same intermediary within the scope of the same transaction under the conditions established in paragraph 2 above, the player and the club concerned shall give their express written consent prior to the start of the relevant negotiations, and shall confirm in writing which party (player and/or club) will remunerate the intermediary. The parties shall inform the relevant association of any such agreement and accordingly submit all the aforementioned written documents within the registration process (cf. articles 3 and 4 above)

3. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    They will just say it never happened. #fakenews

4. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    the latest from G C- it will be hard for even robo's good friends to ignore this stuff from a former player:

1109159877954301952 is not a valid tweet id

the other BIG QUESTION is-- why didnt the Cap FO and ownership group do something about this obvious conflict of interest between robo and david baldwin ? it had been going on for years and suddenly carl is fired

[​IMG]

5. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    as of this moment, all of GCs tweets are gone. I don't know if this is a tech error, or he has had some complications. We shall see.

6. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adnan is Base.

7. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    very strange- is he being muzzled or threatened by a lawsuit or his mole is being exposed or is asking him to shut the site down for fear of loosing his cover or ????

this is not a good sign for G C

8. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    david baldwin has left BASE and is now with Avid Sports & Entertainment Group as the Managing Director

9. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Well, Baldwin left Base and started his own deal quite some time ago, I don't think it is an issue in this case.

10. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    i just hope that Glass City isnt shattered and cant be put back together again

Why would a twitter account be suspended?
    Twitter decides to suspend user's account if it's been compromised or on the grounds of not adhering to the Twitter rules. Twitter accounts mostly get suspended because Twitter thinks your account might be spammy, fake, or if it detects abusive Tweets or behaviour that can harm other users.

11. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    it could be that Twitter has suspended G C's account because he has made accusatory statements about robinson getting kickbacks on players... and he has shown no proof to back up his claim

and from an objective point of view (and i think robo was a lousy coach for the vast majority of his tenure), G C must divulge accurate info to show that robo did get kickbacks- inuendo and perception are not good enough

and i love reading G C and up to this point, he/she is the soccer reporter on the Whitecaps

12. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    His account isn't suspended but all tweets are missing.

Either way, something is up with GC. Perhaps reviewing all tweets and deleting things that may cause him trouble.

13. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
  14. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
  15. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Andreas statement got some traction in the news; I am happy to see that.

16. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    ciara mccormack stated that there will be more ex-players adding to the discussion

17. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Excellent news

18. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Glass City is back and is reporting on the possibility of the Caps signing striker Cyle Larin, from beskitas of turkey, who is in town this week -- would cost millions in a transfer plus his salary-- would MLS HQ agree since cyle left Orlando on bad terms ??

19. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    if true-- and it would be an exceptional signing-, what happens to fredy, ardaiz and bair, venuto ?? cyle's scoring rate with orlando was 1 goal/2 games!!
    would he and fredy play well together ?

20. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    I am getting the sense Montero may not be a fit with this team.

21. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. hot potato

hot potato Member+

Feb 21, 2014
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    impact players are usually MFs or strikers- but a BIG upgrade at LB certainly helps- if MDS gets larin and a significant DP MF in mid-season, then we become significantly better- will post-season play be a possibility by then ?? if seattle can do it in 2017-2018, then we can too

FYI- on his twitter site, GC has made an apology to carl robinson- G C admits getting the davies transfer $$$$ wrong-- what about other signings between 2015-2018 ??

23. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    #1723 OldFan2015, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    He said that it was speculation and he doesnt have proof to back it up. So, HYPOTHETICALLY, if someone representing Carl would have contacted GC, without that proof he would take down all his tweets and apologize. It doesnt mean he was wrong either.

The whole Carl and Baldwin relationship raised a lot of questions for me for a long time; we may never get them all answered. But, I thank GC for having the determination to attempt to flush it out in the open.

24. tm13

tm13 Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Rocky Mountains
    And we get our first point of the season. Given it was a very tough, in form, Seattle team I'm okay with a draw.

25. OldFan2015

OldFan2015 Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    12 players have made a statement in collaboration of Ciara's article.

https://2008u20statement.wordpress.com/

The coach in question is one issue which needs to be dealt with legally. To me the larger issue that is far deeper than one person, is the cover up.

The Caps and CSA allegedly did the following:

1 - Did not call parents of girls aged under 18 who made allegations about the coach
    2 - Did not call the police for investigation into allegations that would fall under the criminal code due to their ages and his position as their coach
    3 - Allowed him to keep his coaching credentials and keep coaching teenagers within weeks of being dismissed, until this year

Another result is several women did not progress to the senior team and at least one outright quit; Ciara left to play for another country.

When it was just Ciara, we saw tumbleweeds in our market about it. Andrea speaking got some more attention. A statement from 12 players is a big deal.

If the Caps still get a pass on this (as in no accountability other than some token words), I will be very sad.

Organizations that have covered up abuse of teen athletes have had heads roll, people fired, and charges brought forth on those who covered it up. I can not understate how serious this is. I hope it gets some legs finally.

Element 7ero repped this.