Valencia vs Real Madrid |La Liga J.21 | 27.01.2018 | 16:15 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree. We really can't put to much stock into a game where we had a penalty inside the first 15 minutes and another before the half was over.

We won't get that against PSG because they have a better defense and a ref ain't giving away the farm like that in the CL.

Its a good win and the battle for the top four trophy continues, but that's all. If we get too hyped about this we are surely in for a disappointment sooner than later.

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lolwut. Gtfo.

azriel repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We can only play and try to defeat who are put in front of us, you are right, it was a good win, against a strong team especially at home who have lost at home only once before this season I think, in a hostile enviorment for us, and who are ahead of us in the table, if they don’t want us to have penalties early (or late) then they should have their defender learn to defend better, not our fault, and both those penalties IMO were absolutely dead on

IMO PSG are not that special defensively, (just like I thought Dortmund were not that effective defensively even though they were banging in the goals against teams before we went there to play them), a lot like us actually, but potent offensively, that will be a different game, and we’ll see how we do when we get to that game, they’ll have chances but I think so will we, will we be back to converting our chances on a regular basis by then, I hope so, this game was a bit scrappy at times but we fought and pulled out a win and we did not play that badly, i’ve seen us play far far worse this season for sure, not to mention also better and lose , at home,

I won’t get carried away because we desperately need consistency in terms of winning and good performances but anyone that was not buoyed a bit by that victory, well, I really don’t know what to say about that, as a fan I was extremely happy, it was a very good win and hopefully a huge confidence booster, hopefully

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    PSG letting go of Neymar would be the same as if we would have sold Cristiano just one year after we bought him.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Frankly, this logic is idiotic. There is no other way to put it. The penalties were both clear as day, and both were earned through great build up play.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Deep Pal repped this.
  6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any idiocy may be a failure or lack of of comprehension, intuitive reasoning, and factual analysis. When we are struggling to finish chances and score from open play I find taking the lead on two first half penalties unconvincing evidence of a change in form.

We need the return of tapinaldo, not penaldo. A win is a win, but considering the mid week fiasco this is little more than a distraction from bigger problems.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    An idiocy is taking 11 goals in the past 2 games, 9 of which were from open play and 4 in an away ground we haven't won since 2013, and complaining about 2 legitimate penalties when the team has had multiple legitimate penalties not called for it all season. Stay in your negativity.

A game which Ronaldo didn't play in. Lack of intuitive reasoning and factual analysis indeed.

8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Managing Madrid is my favorite website for RM content. They're always on point and their ideas are usually not far from the truth. Om and Kiyan are my favorite blogger/journalists at the moment.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Just something to note, we naturally cross Lee's when playing a 433 with BBC.

When we play a 442 (BC) or 4312 (Isco, BC) tend to attack wider and cross more to our point of attack (Cristiano).