Valencia vs Real Madrid |La Liga J.21 | 27.01.2018 | 16:15 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I've watched every game except the two Leganes games. I don't need statistics. I actually watch the games as opposed to all the pundits and everyone else that say we play like trash.

Yeah so what if Valencia had chances? The game is 90 minutes long and we're playing against the third place team. They're going to create chances.

The actual backline isn't that much worse than it was last year bar a few hiccups from the fullbacks. The difference is that the past two years the opponent already gave up since we smashed them into submission. The other games that were closer were decided by winners at the death.

Don't be like the rest of them that says that trite ass shit about our defense sucking. I watched during the 07-10 seasons. Compared to that we're Rock solid.

rrrrrafik, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    @Bear Crotch super posts.

As I said after the match the difference was we scored our chances which saw our confidence grow after each goal.

We gave up opportunities no differently than when we dropped points this season or when we were winning them all last season.

The difference is scoring our chances.

We score, we overwhelm; we win.

That is Madrid. Always has been always will be.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    To be honest we were exhausted like that playing Isco in the hole with a for man midfield.

I remember Zidane subbing Isco one match because he was literally dead tired (of course posters on here insulted Zidane from it, yet didn't notice Isco didn't argue the sub walked out and seemed glad to rest).

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Yeah. Last season it didn't matter if the opponents scored. We just score thrice the goals they could. That firepower broke our oppossition even before the 70th minutes.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    That isn't 100% true.

From memory, we won a good number of games in the last minutes or with just +1 goal. Not just against barcelona, but IIRC also clubs like Valencia or Malaga.

edit: yep I'm right, just looked at the past season fixtures.

6. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    Kroos is not that good for the team to sacrifice Modric so that he doesn't have to defend.

7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Just watched the game. Thought that was up there with one our most basic, complete performances. Much needed.

8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Yeah. Insane how many people are still complaining. It was a pretty good game overall. Even the penalties were undisputed.

We did good.

9. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Oh ok you don't need statistics and you're the only one that really watches the matches properly? All the pundits and fans are wrong.

Riiiiiight...

Just because of one good performance you come out with this rhetoric.

The team from front to back has been a shambles from day one this season. Your simplistic argument is insulting to everyone else.

- 19 points behind leaders
    - 4th in the league
    - Knocked out by leganes in la Copa
    - 2nd to SPURS in the Cl and embarrassed by them at Wembley
    - 3-0 defeat by Barca at HOME

If you think that's good enough then you live in a dreamworld. If you know anything about this club then you would know that is certainly not good enough.

ALSO, we scored 2 penalties yesterday. TWO. That conditioned the whole match. It wasn't cause we battered them. I believe Zidane won us the match with his subs but before that we were capitulating like always in the second half.

We improved but don't start saying we have been ROCK SOLID in defence and suggesting every pundit or fan is wrong just cause they expect more from the BEST COMPLETE SQUAD WE'VE HAD IN OUR HISTORY.

10. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    How old are you ?

Bear Crotch repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody is going to care when you're writing like that.

raven3k repped this.
  12. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    We didn't score our chances. We were awarded TWO penalties in the first half. What confidence? We were getting destroyed in the second half.

We scored those two fabolous late goals cause zidane made subs that changed the match completely. After that Valencia were impotent and we got back in the match.

It was closer to 3-2 to 1-3 before Zidane made the changes and I don't even rate him.

Before the 84 minute we hadn't scored a goal from open play so I don't know what you're talking about (!!!)

I think we improved a lot in this match especially Zidane. We took the match seriously and kept fighting to the end but let's analyse it properly instead of coming up with meaningless rhetoric to support your agenda. Be honest.

13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That's 2 straight good games from Marcelo. One huge step in our recovery. Now if we can recover Carvajal, 50% of our problems will be solved.

Casemiro is not Redondo or Xabi or Busquets. Why should we have that expectation from him? He is the best player we have in that position. When he joined the team the difference was night and day. Some of you guys have forgotten how much we struggled and some of you have an unrealistic expectation that we will be rock solid in the back like Italy NT, that's never been us. Casemiro has improved his game every year he has been here. Its pretty obvious to see. That's not an easy thing to do.

Also why do people see Kovacic as a Casemiro replacement? Kovacic is a B2B, that's his best position in my opinion. He came on as a sub for Casemiro and did a good job in a few games last season and this and started a couple and also played well but he is not the answer in that role. Llorente is the chosen one but he needs time.

We finished a few chances and you could see the forward line's confidence coming back. Some were even less triste. For me the two most important things to put us back on track is recovering our full backs and our strikers finishing chances. Both those things are trending upwards. Very good signs.

Lastly, eat shit Valencia and especially Dani "puta madre" Parejo.

Deep Pal, Bear Crotch and yoanaidarov repped this.
  14. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Please. Talk football bro.
    That's my style though. I write stream of consciousness type of way. Apologies but still my analysis is spot on :thumbsup:

15. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I hate Valencia almost as much as I hate Barcelona. :mad:
    Dani Parejo has one of the most punchable faces in football. :mad:

Digital and natenate101 repped this.
  16. Zizou2017

Zizou2017 Member

AC Milan
    France
    Jul 14, 2017

Really pretty stupid to insult his mum even if it is done for the laugh man just uncalled for.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Says the guy who spent all summer talking about "cameroonian fathers".

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    When I get enough time in my busy schedule of teaching children to reply to your posts I will. Until then think about your "writing style". Writing in a stream of consciousness is more suited to the Unabomber than actually thinking about your points of contention.

Frankly I'm a bit surprised that the regulars haven't torn you apart here.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally a game where Marcelo plays like world class left back.

This last game was excellent because Ronaldo is back to scoring and his confidence is growing. Hopefully his shooting boots are warmed up enough for PSG, because gosh darn it will we need him! Bale too!

Looks like 4-3-3 for La Liga is the way to go. The Diamond has been figured out by most teams, so we aren't able to smother them like last year. The 4-3-3 might be Real's salvation right now.

ABB94 repped this.
  20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The internet isn't the place for you then.

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Ok, so no penalties and no crosses. Would it count as a goal if we passed around the ball but scored on our own net?

Deep Pal repped this.
  22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Managing madrid pointed out that the amount of cross in our recent victories were much lower than our season average. If we limit the crosses it forces us to dig deeper and find more creative ways to cause danger.

saadomar and Deep Pal repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    To be fair, scoring early goals tends to get the opponents out a lot more. The games they pointed out, we've scored early goals I believe.

24. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Look I actually gave a positive analysis of the match and said the team and Zidane improved massively.

The problem I have is certain members posting statements like "I don't need statistics. I actually watch the games as opposed to all the pundits and everyone else that say we play like trash"
    "Don't be like the rest of them that says that trite ass shit about our defense sucking".

These statements are just false and a really poor conclusion to make. I mean we've all been complaining here all season about how awful we have been. It's a reality. That post by bear crotch got 6 reps. I don't know what to say. Maybe I'm the crazy one.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes