Va-Va Voom, speeding into Old Trafford : the Anthony Martial thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ashur, Aug 31, 2015.

1. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He has 3 goals 9 assists, Bernardaschi has 10 goals 4 assists. 5 goals and 2 assists coming playing behind the striker.

The year before he had 7 goals 4 assists (21 games started 14 sub), the year prior he had 10 goals 7 assists (23 started 9 sub)

Bernardaschi on the other hand had 2 goals 4 assists (25 games started 8 sub).

This is the first season Bernardaschi has been into double figures, half of it from a central position, this is the third season Anderson has double figures.

You are right about passing stats though.

2. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Have you watched him play?

3. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes.

Lovely argument to counter the facts though.

4. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    [emoji52]

More or less than Belotti?

5. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    3-4 games, sorry I edited my response.

6. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Because you have a history of shiting on players you've barely watched in favor of your favorite targets. Everyone else is a "nothing players" besides the handful guys you see or like.

You didn't refer to your viewing of him when watching. You giggled his stats and it's clearly your only reference. Especially when you consider his positioning/role and the areas of the pitch he attacks.

7. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I have to google stats because I do not remember them on top of my head, stats are just backup to what I was thinking and I find that they go my way.

Imo he is more productive centrally than on the wing and his production is not that great compared to a maligned Anderson, not even close to what Johno was asking for. You may have gotten hurt because stats did not back you up but they are what they are.

And it is not that Fiorentina is some obscure team none has seen or watched, sometime you pay attention to players, sometimes some players get your attention.

8. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
  9. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So we are not going to consider goals scored, assists made, position played whilst doing so ? That actually proves Anderson is the dribbler we need, shot accuracy has to do with the position they play on, easier to be accurate when you are not playing wingback.

10. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There are plenty of reasons to go after me @benni... rather than I googled some stats that did not agree with your suggestion.

11. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What I said about you is true. You've admitted to shifting on players you barely watch. It's not just about the stats
    Screenshot_20170424-110010.png

That's him in 2 other seasons.

12. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ok you win, you are the only one who could have watched Fiorentina play in the entire universe and lets not use the actual goals scored or assists created.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm not sure why you are being a dick

14. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Monday morning ? Every time I have something to post, he quotes me on my behavior, you do not like the players I like or my opinion but witch hunt every ********ing time.

johno repped this.
  15. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I'm not the only one in the world. You are admittedly, not one of those people.

You are someone who has admitted in the past your limited viewing of football. Wether your working or not it's okay. You have admitted to judging players on fairly limited viewing. You have admitted and apologized to other posters for similar things.

We can disagree on liking players. But your generic response of 3 or 4 times (when some one ask if you have seen this guy) is getting old.

16. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I apologize @benni... , been a rough morning.

benni... repped this.
  17. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Serie A is available on xfinity and I have seen them play, I obviously do not remember how many times I have switched on a Fiorentina game while working on my laptop.

Still, I am sorry if I appeared condescending.

18. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And I apologize because I do not care about losing or winning arguments, and at times I am out of line. I like the people here and I do not see why not.

If somebody is wondering.

19. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Martial didn't even play that well over the 90 ( I'd say Bailly and Pogba were ahead of him)..but proved yet again he can be a game changer in moments. If you want more consistency, and product, he needs a fair run and confidence shown in him by management.

20. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't apologise Syed...in footballing terms...you're the second smartest guy on this board.

21. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for the compliment, I think there are really smart and clued posters here, better than me as I have a fixation with certain things. I apologized for being rude, I do not like to do that.

jeff070 repped this.
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For his first game back in God knows how long now, he acquitted himself very well. More should be expected of him and I'm confident he will show us. He is going to get his run of games now, that's a near certainty now.
    What I'm really looking forward to now, is to see him play with Rashford. A partnership of those 2 has incredible potential and they're different enough that they could be really complimentary of one another. If it works as expected, that could be a real potent combo (Yorke and Cole in 98/99 potential).

23. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So modest as well. Why cant all the posters here be like you and I, Syed.

SyedZada repped this.
  24. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Haha, I suspected who was 1 on the list :D

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Clearly but I do not like to shout about it.

Gilma1990 repped this.