Utah Royals 2019

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by 15 to 32, Jan 4, 2019.

1. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

BalanceUT, El-ahrairah, RSLer and 2 others repped this.
  2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a pretty rare accomplishment to hit that mark in the NWSL. Chicago's 0-4 win over the Reign last month was their third 4 goal road game all time, which is second among all teams. If you count the Flash and the Courage as the same franchise (the league doesn't, but I do) they're first all time with 12 such games, 5 for the Flash and 7 for the Courage.

I just want to see the Royals pull it off so they can finally join the club.

3. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A rod is nominated for FIFA best goal

rslfanboy, jessyca and stubifier repped this.
  4. stubifier

stubifier Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jan 19, 2018
    There are only ten candidates, and the women's goals are lumped together with the men's. That's an incredible honor!

jessyca repped this.
  5. Ender16

Ender16 Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Allez RSL, Lizzie Bee and stucknutah repped this.
  6. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody going to the Royals/Thorns game tonight? Both teams seem to be in pretty good form. The Trib did a piece on tonight's game, among other things.

Kind of terrifying, the amount of talent that will be on the field from both teams.

7. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL has been hyping the hell out of this one so I hope attendance is good. My brother is taking his whole fam so I'm not attending. I went to the last game between the two (right after world cup) and it was a fun one. Hope this one is as good with the Royals finding that winning goal

8. stubifier

stubifier Member

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jan 19, 2018
    I wish I could go. A draw doesn't suit either team right now, so I think it'll be extremely open and watchable.

9. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on your first ever win over the Weeds. And thanks for getting Sonnett suspended for the Weeds' next game. Very much appreciated.

2nd Mouse repped this.
  10. Paleworm

Paleworm Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonight was my first Royals game. Attendance was better than I anticipated. Good turnout. Enjoyable game with good chances on both ends. Nice that we got the goal. The crowd really loves Press, and why not? Everything seemed to come up through/to her on that left side.

rslfanboy, Ismitje and goobx1 repped this.
  11. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like when games get a bit spicy. It shows how much the players care about the outcome. But I didn't care for Horan shoving A-Rod the way she did, nor did I care for A-Rod taunting Sonnett after Sonnett was sent off. I wouldn't be surprised if the Disciplinary Committee punished one or both of them.

2nd Mouse and Paleworm repped this.
  12. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just one question: who the heck were those impostors masquerading as the Royals last night? That first half was perhaps the worst I've seen them play this year. This isn't a fast team, but they looked even slower than normal.

13. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were awful last night, though half of my attention was on another game in Houston - Wazzu against UH in football - so I could have missed good parts. If there were any. But if the Royals miss out on the playoffs, it'll have been the two losses to the Dash that sealed the deal.

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big game tonight for the Royals. I know - they all are, but this one looks kind of bleak - Press is doubtful with a leg injury and Morros, O'Hara, Laddish and Doniak are out with various other injuries. We're tied on points with the Reign, who've won their last two games while we lost our last one. Hopefully we can turn things around tonight.

16. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if the Royals are going to make the playoffs, they HAVE to win tonight. All 4 games are important, but this one is easily the most crucial to get 3 points in. The Reign have a much more comfortable final 3 games than the Royals and will likely get wins in all 3.

After tonight, Utah hosts North Carolina, travels to Chicago, and hosts Houston. The Reign host SkyBlue, host Portland, and travel to Orlando.

17. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Dodged a bullet. Postponed!

RSLer and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  18. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I had a great time at the game. However, the Royals sure didn't. The Courage stack up well against us. Our midfield is SO SLOW! and their 4 blondes in the middle just broke us down. We were left to long balls or Press out-sprinting everybody. Our defense was uncharacteristically shaky tonight too. Missed clearances and miscommunication on rotations as angled runs or overlapping defenders came on confounded the whole team. We look like we are missing some key pieces. O Hara must be injured?

19. trackrunner

trackrunner Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kelly ohara named to fifa world best 11

15 to 32, rslfanboy, RSLer and 1 other person repped this.
  20. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    She takes the team from being average to good.

Ismitje repped this.
  21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any team she's on

22. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game management after the equalizer was terrible. That should have been the time to keep the foot on the gas and use the momentum to grab a second. But nope, they let the Reign off the hook and paid dearly for it.

And I don't know what's happened to Barnie, but her decision making has fallen off a cliff. The Royals were very lucky not to concede on some of her bad passes.

Now Utah's in an do or die situation, and I don't think they're equipped to get results when needed the most. I can definitely hear the fat lady warming up.

2nd Mouse and goobx1 repped this.
  23. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not making the playoffs again is pretty damning for Harvey, given the talent on the team. I don't think she gets canned in the offseason, but 2020 is shaping up to be one where she has to get over that hump and will be on a very short leash.

goobx1 repped this.
  24. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    The team needs some speed in the midfield. Gotta fix that this off season.

25. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you'll get lucky and she'll be offered the US job (I hope she doesn't, because it would be a failure).

This team desperately needs a refresh in the offseason. And it bothers me that Harvey has no time for younger players, considering that the top 3 teams all have a solid core of mid-20's players (Portland to a lesser degree than Chicago and North Carolina) that they can lean on for the next few years. Even though players are playing longer, this is still a young players' league.