USWNT vs Romania Pre/Match/Post

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by kernel_thai, Nov 12, 2016.

1. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Dunn-is the menace" out there on the flank.

blissett and BlueCrimson repped this.
  2. harold.kwok@comcast.

Oct 2, 2007
    USA
    I am surprised that the USWNT coach is so ignorant about her players. Kealia Ohai is accustomed and plays much more comfortable and better on the LEFT.

3. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More errant passes this match vs the previous one. Gotta have less thinking and faster movement.

4. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe she's being tested out there. Ellis wants players who are versatile.

5. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch!! That has to hurt. Press just stepped on the leg of the Romanian player.

6. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice finish Press.
    Nice pass from Heath, who received it from Press.

I thought Heath went out Gilmoy?

7. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    54' 3-0 Ball bounces over #15 Meluta at 24m arc tangent left, Press rounds her and collects, quick diagonal pass sends Heath alone through box top mid-left to 8m. Heath pulls a low hard cross back to 14m 1/4 right -- Press trails in a void, shoots right instep pull across mouth into back left low, wrong-footing Oprea (which is exactly why she does it).

57' 3-0 Morgan receives at 25m center facing away, passes down wide left and gets scissored by #4 Bortan sliding late, stays down on her back. Stoppage, yellow card on Bortan.

59' 3-0 Morgan chases ball to 25m left touch, #15 Meluta plows into her midriff and dumps her down onto the touchline. Foul, yellow card on Meluta.

61' 3-0 USA subs in (4 of 6) #9 Lindsey Horan for #19 Crystal Dunn.

62' 3-0 USA cross from the left to 8m right post, Horan jumps with Rus +1 and heads to Oprea. Rus bumps her teammate, sit-falls and lands with right hand awkwardly out -- curls up with right shoulder pain. Brief stoppage, she resumes.

63' 3-0 Romania subs in (3 of 6) #3 Lidia Havristiuc for #9 Laura Rus.

8. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seeing Morgan laying hurt flat on her back no longer scare me. That's what having depth at the forward position (who can actually score) can do for your heart condition.

9. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    That Romania #15 is out of control. She was in Game 1 also.

taosjohn repped this.
  10. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Romania. I know we've only scored 3, but with all this offense by the USA, they are running around like chickens without a head.

11. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dunn out, Horan in.

Last match of the year folks, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :D

12. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #87 Gilmoy, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    64' 3-0 Heath pings to Sullivan, good 1-v-1 sidestep and forward pass to Horan at 25m box left. Horan turn-and-runs alongside ball to arc top mid-left, delicate pass through Gate 2 springs Morgan down mid-left to 8m. Morgan shoots left foot across mouth low, just wide right. Ellis must have told Horan she needed to make a bunch of good touches in her first 5' ;)

66' 3-0 Good diagonal pass to Sullivan cutting through arc left. Sullivan takes maybe one touch too many to 8m 1/3 left, gets sandwiched by the trash compactor, does a forward roll to 5m as Oprea collects. No call for that, rookie.

67' 3-0 Sullivan receives at arc top left, snaps a short pass to Morgan through box top center. Morgan clangs it to 10m 6-left -- directly into Heath's stride. Heath shoots left instep bending wrong way across mouth, off right post low, keeps going right.

68' 3-0 #10 Voicu throws Brian down at arc top wide right. Foul, yellow card on Voicu.

70' 3-0 USA subs in (5 of 6) #5 Kelley O'Hara for #4© Becky Sauerbrunn.
    71' 3-0 USA subs in (6 of 6) #6 Samantha Mewis for #20 Allie Long.

13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I always thought Oprah would make a good goalkeeper ever since I saw her in the Color Purple. :D

BlueCrimson and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  14. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Off the post! I thought that was going in.

Half the Romanian team on a yellow, or so it seems.

15. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sullivan thought she was going to get that penalty kick call.

Nah, not when your thoroughly dominating an opponent the way the US is right now.

16. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2 hours the U-20's play!!! Woohoo, it's a nonstop Sunday soccer marathon.

Crowd is going nuts with the constant action in front of goal.

17. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    [​IMG]

blissett and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  18. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    77' 3-0 USA cross from the left (Heath?) to 8m 6-right, Brian heads down to 6m center. Morgan runs left-to-center, tries a waist-high flick-on -- her defender toe-clears it high over bar. Ref/AR miss the defensive kick, give gk. Morgan does her prima donna routine ;) Crowd goes wilder!

79' 3-0 Romania subs in (4 of 6) #13 Beatrice Tarasila for LCB #5 Adina Ghirgiu.
    81' 3-0 Romania subs in (5 of 6) #21 Cristina Carp for #18 Mihaela Ciolacu.

84' 3-0 Harris appears on screen!

19. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I like Sullivan a lot!

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  20. Semblance17

Semblance17 Member+

United States
    Apr 27, 2013
    Lighthouse Point, FL
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unbeaten in 2016? Yeah, not really.

21. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is it that our midfielders can score a PK but I forwards cannot? That's a rhetorical question.

In defense of Alexandra, at least a Morgan scored the PK.
    I know putputfc, I get another "Boo Boo" for that one.

22. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume that the announcers said something to the effect on the TV feed?

Yes!! Mewis just scored!

23. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #98 Gilmoy, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    86' 3-0 Heath creeps to 6m box left, right-outstep flicks a pass toward Mewis at 8m mid-left -- cleared to arc top wide left, directly to O'Hara. Square pass to Sullivan at 24m mid-left, she turns centerward and chips early to 9m 3-right. Horan heads to 6m center, Morgan splits the CBs and hop-heads over bar. That's almost -- Brasilian in speed-of-shift.

87' 3-0 Press chases to 15m mid-right, chips a shot or cross -- into #6 Ficzay's right tricep above her head. Handball, penal code.

88' 4-0 Brian pk, right instep into back left low.
    89' 4-0 Romania subs in (6 of 6) #19 Loredana Popa for #10 Andreea Voicu. "Loredana" sounds like a SNL skit :laugh:

90+1' 5-0 Heath left ck, short to O'Hara. O'Hara cuts to 1m box left, chips a low cross outswinging to 5m left post. Mewis nods a header down through traffic, across mouth, bounces into right side netting with everybody frozen.

FT 5-0.

24. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    That's how you say goodbye to 2016.

25. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I can live without the announcers but never knowing the score or the time is annoying.