USSoccer Insiders - Fan Council upcoming elections

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by wixson7, Oct 22, 2019.

1. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Cross posting in a few threads, my apologies.

For those USSoccer Insider premium members, next month you will have a chance to put your name in the hat to sit on the Fan Council. (Snark comments aside given everyone’s love for USSoccer right now.....)

As an inaugural member of the Fan Council (and not running for a 2nd term), I would be happy to share insight for those considering nomination for the 2 year term. Send me a private note. It’s been a great experience, massive access to some cool USSF events, and ideally making improvements in engagement with the Insiders membership program.

I’ve learned a ton about the organization (both good and bad) and have sincerely enjoyed most everything about the past 2 years.

Ping me with any questions.

2. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like an awesome experience!

Winoman repped this.
  3. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is important, thanks for bringing this to everyones attention.

Winoman repped this.
  4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Heads up to the Insider members (Premium level and higher) email went out yesterday.

USSoccer Fan Council nominations are open today with a deadline this Friday.

Namdynamo, Winoman and TimB4Last repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What exactly is this - a US Soccer membership?

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Insiders is the official membership group for USSoccer.

Fan Council (like the Athlete’s Council or Youth Council, e.g.) are official voting blocks within the USSF governing body. Fan Council has 2 delegates and voting rights on budget, governance, elections, etc.

kinda cool, if you like that stuff, which I do. Here’s a better link on the FC.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2018/01/us-soccer-announces-inaugural-fan-council