News: USSF Sued Under Antitrust Law

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by skim172, Sep 17, 2019.

1. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I brought literal FACTS to this discussion....and you dismiss them with what you want to believe is happening. Gotcha.

If you'd read the article you'd know that the Federation Board members made up 2.6% of the vote. How did you get to MLS having 40% of the vote again? Is that new math?

My post isn't propaganda either. Where did I bring up anything about conflicts of interest either??? I never said there were or weren't any.

I get it. Fans aren't happy with the direction and performance of the USMNT. People in the game aren't happy with how the USSF is organized and how it governs the sport in the country.

If Commisso and company win their lawsuit what exactly are they going to get? If Charlie Stilitano and Relevent win their lawsuit, what exactly are they going to gain? Also, wouldn't these lawsuits bring about FIFA sanctions for governments getting involved in the governing of soccer in a nation? Fairly certain these lawsuits are claiming that the USSF has no authority to govern the game in the US. If the USSF loses these lawsuits what exactly is going to change for the better? Do fans realize that there is a good chance that USMNT might not be able to participate in FIFA events? And for what? For Relevent Sports and Steve Ross to make more money? For Rocco Commisso to make more money? Not to mention if the USSF loses the lawsuits, it could very well have a significant impact on other leagues around the world, not to mention FIFA.

Don't get me wrong, the USSF has nobody to blame but themselves for the mess they are in. Their laissez faire approach to, well everything, has put them in this position.

I totally understand being upset with how things are in Soccer House and the Men's National Team. I don't understand wanting a conspiracy theory to be true.

WrmBrnr repped this.
  2. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Missing the World Cup was horrible. What has followed is ten times worse. It has made clear that nothing is changing unless it is forced. This looks like about the only way to force the federation to change the way it does things. The USSF, MLS, and professional league structure completely hinder the organic growth of the game.

yurch10 repped this.
  3. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia