USSF Agrees to Series of Meetings with American Outlaws to Discuss Community Concerns

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Master O, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    they better have placards with their names, cause it isnt gonna be ANYBODY high up.

glutton4Bolts, RalleeMonkey and TOAzer repped this.
  3. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s a good first step. It’s not a good sign if the most loyal fan base turns on the program. And frankly, we need it now more than ever.

glutton4Bolts and RalleeMonkey repped this.
  4. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    youre right, i agree its a good first step, im just...lets say VERY predisposed to scepticism when it comes to us soccer.

there was a tweet from an ao chapter head who had attended the canada loss that talked about the players coming over post-game to acknowledge/thank the supporter section and berhalter decidedly NOT doing so (some writer i follow on twitter retweeted it). youre right there, too- theres cloud over us soccer and somethings gotta give.

5. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What’s so hard about hiring a “speaker of the house” and just relay the same “we hear your concern and we will address it after our board meeting” message to fans.

6. kickin365

kickin365 Member+

Mar 4, 2002
    A speaker would just be a mouthpiece, can’t force a direct response from decision makers.

the NYRB did town hall meetings after Ali Curtis and his 300 page plan fired Petke after a fine season. Granted Curtis’ plan worked out well enough and Jessie March just asked for a little time and then produced. The meetings were generally well received after starting out highly contentious.

7. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    As bad as USSF has looked over the last couple of years, I'm not too impressed with AO either.

jaykoz3, Paul Berry, chad and 1 other person repped this.
  8. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    what do you mean by this?