USOC: Wilmington @ RSL 6/28

Discussion in 'Wilmington Hammerheads' started by longballer, Jun 23, 2011.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back. Wilmington played as well can be expected on a tight schedule. RSL has depth and it showed tonight. If not for Polak it would have been 5-0. He did really well. I was disappointed that we didn't see more from Budnyy or Muholland, I thought they were going to do more.

Its hard traveling across the freaking country, playing at 4500+ feet and it be 90 degrees at 8pm. Maybe next year. Hammerheads should be proud for what they accomplished so far.

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back. Wilmington played as well can be expected on a tight schedule. RSL has depth and it showed tonight. If not for Polak it would have been 5-0. He did really well. I was disappointed that we didn't see more from Budnyy or Muholland, I thought they were going to do more.

Its hard traveling across the freaking country, playing at 4500+ feet and it be 90 degrees at 8pm. Maybe next year. Hammerheads should be proud for what they accomplished so far.

3. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Polak is a bit of a surprise. His first start was on June 14, I think (the USOC game against the Kraze.) Until then, he had spent more time in the net for the Battery (on loan after the Dykstra injury) than the Hammerheads. He has been steadily improving since the change.

It sounds like Gareth Evans did well, but I did expect more from the guys up front--especially Mulholland.

4. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Here are some highlights for you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IeGBhqLYUY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪RSL vs Wilmington - Highlights‬‏[/ame]

5. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks a lot! I still remember the Blitzz-- always dangerous. Sometimes I really miss the USL arrangement circa 1997-2000 with the western division (and of course the Myrtle Beach SeaDawgs only an hour away.)

6. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. mbsc

mbsc Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Club:
    Wilmington H.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah... Coach Irving was at the PCF meeting tonight and mentioned how well the team was treated out there. He seemed very impressed with the organization.

Hopefully, RSL can come to Wilmington sometime and be treated to our North Carolina brand of Southern Hospitality.