USOC vs. dirty evil houston

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Manck, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good game for us not so good for them. If not for Wells, and a couple of our guys not being able to finish right in front of the freaking net it would have ended before extra time

it was a good win and better yet it showed what the Battery were capable of. Now if we can just get some of our injured players back adn get the damn paperwork finished on the TnT player we should be headed in the right direction going into the playoff battle.

mikey

2. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Thank you Battery!

I'll be heading to Chucktown for this one, looking forward to it.

3. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I smell roadtrip and 3 lions pub...

4. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys are welcome as long as you respect our house, we dont want a Rick james Charley Murphy incident on our hands!

Hell we'll even share some beers with you before and after the match, and do what ever we can to make you feel at home and if you want Ill sell you a Battery scarf at a good price (Ill trade for a various Dallas scarves)

Manck, good sharing some beer and learning some good chants agaisnt Houston. Hope you made it home or at least crashed on Wellington's couch! Beer and Bourbon shouldnt be mixed just drank really fast separtely, or at least thats what she said!

back to the match
    Great game. found myself having flash back to the FC Dallas match last year when the tied it up in the dying momments of ET to take us to PKs but credit to the boys they did extreamly well.

I was wondering what Auggie was doing when I saw three, I wouldn't call our reserve players, but definatley some that havent gotten much playing time with Rolko, Todd and Gores. All had great games IMO, rolko especially even after a shakey start.

Bringing in Bennet, Vercollone and King three of our arguable fasted players lat in the match when they were gassed was brilliant. We pretty much controlled the match except for about 7 min at the end of the first half and a couple spells in the second and ET.

good crowd too anyone see or hear the offical number?

Post match article
    http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/jul/11/battery_topples_houston/

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No time to dawdle, just wanted to pop in and say congrats guys, good job.
    Beat the pretty ponies in the next round :)

On my way up to Pa. later to make sure the same "upset" doesn't happen to DC ;) Charleston and Richmond winning is really brightening my day so far :D

6. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr. Mouse,
    The INFERNO is nothing but class and have traveled en masse to different venues accross our fair land... from Denver, to LA, to Toronto, to Chicago to DC, to the great wall of China to Craven cottage and yes even to Blackbaud. We have been received with open arms and we have left with many new friends. We have hosted two MLS Cups and several supporters group in the many seasons of MLS and not even ONCE have we had an issue with anyone or any group or organization (Except Houston where FCD supporters tires were slashed & their supporters have vandalized our stadium and whose many of their number are in the Frisco police blotter). The way we look at it, is that we consider ourselves FC Dallas ambassadors away from Pizza Hut Park, but not only that, but also Texas ambassadors to the world. I look forward to a cold beer, road and, soccer stories, and exchange supporter ideas as well as merchandise.
    Good Times !
    References upon request ;)

7. Manck

Manck New Member

Mar 5, 2005
    Newberry SC
    I'm at work now. Home alive at about 4:30 am, with a couple of rest stop naps on the way.

Great game, great scarf, mysterious cut on my hand...another good game experience as a whole.

8. Shipdawg

Shipdawg Member
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Clayton, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great win Charleston!!!

One of my favorite cities to visit.

9. Offebacher

Offebacher Member

May 14, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Luck for the rest of the tournament Battery!!

10. Menace Fan

Menace Fan New Member

Apr 10, 2003
    Joe Riley Park
    Rolko for the first team!

Up the Battery!!!

11. clemtig87

clemtig87 New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey man. First of all, it was good to meet you. Secondly, sorry! I was the one who told you could crash at my place. But I'm glad you got back to Newberry safely. If you need a place to crash before or after the Dallas-Charleston match just let me know.

Cheers!

13. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done, Battery!