USOC: NYRB @ Revs 7/13 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jul 12, 2017.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/m...land-revolution-vs-new-york-red-bulls/preview

Projected lineups:
    Revs
    NYRB

2. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    If Collin is back for them, that's big.

3. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Big game tonight with some rooting for and some against the team according to the feel of the boards over the past few days.

My cable cutting self will cherish the opportunity to watch the stream on Youtube, and probably root for a win.

4. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF, Gonzalez? Angoua looks to be hard done by with the red card.

5. Dr. Sneezy

Dr. Sneezy Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Didn't even look like a foul. As Brad pointed out on broadcast he doesn't speak much English so not sure what he could have said

6. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Say goodnight Jay, on second thought, say "I'm embarrassed to take a paycheck" and quit, please.

7. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must win, didn't win. Fire Heaps. And ******** the ref.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  8. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there was any reasonable exci=use to not make a coaching change it's evaporated tonight. Good by Jay. Thank you for your service

9. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would dearly love to see a replay of the Foul That Killed Our Season. Because the Revs have nothing more to live for at this point. With one of the hardest remaining schedules in MLS, and their inability to win away from home (coupled with a sudden inability to win at home), they're basically done.

But I don't know, maybe they have Cristiano Ronaldo waiting in the wings.

10. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zoot alors!

a517dogg repped this.
  11. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man, the Revs created almost nothing that whole game. They threatened a little bit at the start, but then it seemed like Kljestan took over.

12. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh, and [sarcasm] Bob Kraft can't have liked what he saw in that game.[/sarcasm]

a517dogg and Revs in 2010 repped this.
  13. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your French semi-curse:cool: (Sorry, guess my spelling fetish even spills into foreign languages)

Angoua's foot went over the player and it seemed for a second like he was going to "Beckham stomp" him, but it never came close. The card was officially violent conduct, so I guess Jorge Gonzalez has to have misinterpreted the play (which wasn't unusual last night). As Giovinco might say, "ain't that a kick in the nuts?"

Also, not sure if anyone noticed (it wasn't on the broadcast), but Delemea got a red at full time for dissent.

MM66 repped this.
  14. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #14 RevsLiverpool, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Nah nah nah hey hey hey gooodbyeeee Heaps!

Not gonna lie I am excited the revs are out of the USOC. From a big picture standpoint, the less success Heaps has this season the more obvious the solution will be. If they had advanced he could hang his hat on a semis or finals appearance and sell that as an accomplishment. Out in the quarters, see ya.

This loss had better be the final nail in the coffin for our coach (who selects the talent) and GM (who can't close deals to improve the team). I think Bilello survives because he has done a good job on the business side, cares about the team but is far too gun shy about being a boss and making changes. It can't continue. He's got to grow a pair and make changes.

Now they just need to adhere to rev tradition by not signing any impact players in the window, continue their swoon til Labor Day-ish, then win their last 5 or 6 as tradition dictates and end up "this close" to the playoffs.

15. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't bring myself to be excited, since I don't think there's a real likelihood that this FO will find a better coach and/or GM.:cry:

NFLPatriot repped this.
  16. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the red card ... and when even your homer Revs staffer says there's not much contact to the face, but it's there ... you know it actually happened.

Also, Jeff noted that Delamea also was red carded at the end of the game.

NFLPatriot repped this.
  17. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was struck by Lee's and Heaps' post-game comments. Both seem to indicate they felt they were in this match, had their chances, etc. It sure didn't look that way to me watching from midfield. They looked terrible last night, with a few exceptions. Kai looks completely lost. Our set pieces were terrible.

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just noted that on Twitter as well. Tierney was horrid on set pieces last night.

The comments from Heaps are just becoming boring now.

"We're going to treat this match like everything's riding on it!"
    After a loss
    "Well, we played well overall, but we'll have to do better next game."

Blah. Just like this f'in organization. Just blah.

Revs in 2010 repped this.
  19. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My impression from midfield was that Lee and Kai were playing with more energy and effort than I have seen in some time. I thought the REVs carried the play for a lot of the game. All of that went away after the red card. Also thought Kofie was very good last night.

20. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do not understand why they didn't have Fagundez take the dead ball just outside the box in the 1st half. I know it was a better angle for a left-foot shot, but Fagundez is the only on the team who can actually score by going over a wall.

21. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for posting this. The red makes more sense in this context. Players get really frustrated when the ref allows a lot of diving, but this reaction is never OK. Interestingly, about 5 minutes later, Gonzalez carded Wright-Phillips for diving.

22. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Am I the only one who can see nothing at all in that video?

Feldspar repped this.
  23. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see a red card foul, but there is a move of his left hand toward Royer's face (not clear there's contact, but Gonzalez was a foot away and probably had a better view than the video). Angoua is not the guy who comes in from the left, he's behind Royer in most of the video.

24. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lee was just as bad. Just because he is captains does not mean he should be taking free kicks. Fagundez has show that he is better. When does the coach step in and show some direction.

25. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You really think they are gonna fire Heaps? Yes, they should, but they won't. I think we all know that.

If we're lucky it will happen after the season, but ideally, they shoudl give the reins to Llamosa before it's too late. It may be too late for a playoff run, but if he had half a season to work with, and certain guys responded, it might give us a little hope for next year. Keeping Heaps until the end means basically throwing away next year too, even if they do fire him.