USOC: Houston Dynamo v. Sporting Kansas City, Wednesday, June 28

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jun 25, 2017.

?

Result?

Poll closed Jun 28, 2017.
  1. Dynamo advance

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Dynamo fail to advance

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. One ticket for two games and you get to try out a bunch of different seats!

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just go up to Window #1 at the ticket counter at our Stadium and ask for the Supporters Section. Our FO will sell you a ticket for $5 tonight.

bford repped this.
  2. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sam, I know you mean well posting this, but I don't think blasting that info on here was the best thing to do. Some don't play well with others (people wearing opposing team's colors).

3. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    well I am a season ticket holder and this is what they told me over the phone
    I guess I will have to see the charge on my statement is to see what the actual charges are

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, there's like 23 folks in the SGs section, not sure why you worry about an SKC guy choosing to sit there vs. the other 17,000 seats not sold.

MannieG repped this.
  5. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #30 Soccergodlss, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    I'd like to see Wenger at RB. I think that could be his best position. He's fast enough and tough enough and skilled, but not quite skilled enough to be a consistent attacking threat.

Memo got robbed from the ref. An easy penalty call got wrong. Good job from Memo.

Heft and bford repped this.
  6. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    #31 AcetheTigah, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    I first became concerned when I saw A 4231 with Sanchez as a lone fwd
    WTF?
    then I saw how careless and tired the players were acting - especially Alex etc
    !!!!!
    once they took thier slow forward and inserted Mustivar I knew it was a loss

Thanks wasting my time and money Cabrera! :mad:

7. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this game was a big ol nothing burger

CeltTexan and Heft repped this.
  8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another USOC exit for the Dynamo.

10. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Wenger better improve his midfield play or try a switch to defense if he wants to stay in MLS

I like Sanchez's heart and although he had a tough job playing all alone up there - why didn't we play someone who has some pace - where is our academy forward who iS a threat to for balls over the top

really i am kind of hard on Sanchez but if he can't score in open cup play then what is he good for?

11. bford

bford Member

Houston Dynamo, Everton, USMNT
    Nov 30, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are never going to win this tournament.

(at least there is Everton's summer to enjoy so far)

12. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    this was a very very poor performance

no reason to have a game at home if you are 't going to try and win it

13. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Fire the idiot at RGV and hire Sanchez to coach them

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a "coach on the field" who's should be a "coach on the bench". He's like Ronald Cerritos from 2006 Dynamo (before he was released)

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's is the kind of sycophantic Dynamo fan the FO plays to, completely delusional:

16. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell me the Dynamo at least had this guy lead a song tonight

17. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The crowd at the Mexico game sucks tonight too (for them) - this market can't be fooled with 2nd rate lineups playing

18. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continuing our long glorious history of not giving a F about the US Open Cup.

19. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not whether you win or lose, but how good was the pregame concert by a person no one has ever heard of

20. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for what's it worth, the missed PK call probably would have changed things. we probably get a goal scored and KC probably goes down a man due to a second yellow.

also, it is complete chicken sh^t that the refs don't have to comment to the media for USOC games.

for all the things that went right in Cinci last night for this tournament, this game took it away

21. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again the bench and youth players look like they were standing on ice skates more often then not and as well had a trying time linking up like they even remotely practice with each other day after day.
    Not that K.C. looked that much more clever but they did of course link up enough to put two past us, in the direct Sun heat and on the road.
    Shitty display by our club really, at all levels.

In a sports landscape like ours in the United States where association football has been long blasted by the soccer haters in the media for having little to no history to stand on and here is one of the longest, continually held domestic soccer tournaments in the WORLD!...and our club here in Houston lays a turd on this tournament year after year.

dadcoachref repped this.
  22. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ref sucked

23. MannieG

MannieG Member+

Nov 30, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree with you, but it ain't me I'd be concerned about getting into a conflict. I'm not a zealot.

24. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    When we used to be competitive in stuff like this and CCL we had reserves with people like Wondo who ended up with careers elsewhere. We have a poor system with competitive frosting on top.

They need to churn RGV and improve the talent. One of the mistakes I thought they made this offseason was basically, give or take the elite signings, they brought back the same ol same ol with no roster competition. Every year should be earned. Other than a particular chosen handful it should not be "give him another year and maybe he's better." And even then 2-3 years max and show me something.

July is going to be an organizational buzzsaw so I am fine with this being over. Imagine if we had 4-5 guys out for weeks and then had to play midweek games and all the while trying to get results in both league and cup. The only reason I'd have liked us to advance would be to give the kids a chance to play, because I think we still have issues with the bench beyond fielding the obvious.

25. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #50 juvechelsea, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    One issue I saw with the RGV bunch is that while energetically showing to the ball they tended to space narrowly and then show very N-S in such a way that a defender in between could cover two people. In other words the run back would take them into trouble instead of away from it. Defender was often in front of them and not behind. The ball would be played vertically upfield and they would have to win the race to it against an upfield defender, rather than shedding a downfield defender in the course of the run.

Further complaint would be just in general the frontline attackers seem to have the skillsets we are trying to get away from and not to be mini-Elises. Mini-Wengers instead. I also don't see DMs like the first team uses. Or future backline destroyers. I see a bunch of semi-skilled hustle types. My idea of what minor leaguers look like. I'd like to see attacking speed and tough defense and more of what I hope the first team concept is intended to be. A smart org has a B team that looks like a mini, developing version of the A team. Not that looks like it's semi skilled next men up, tries hard, professional, but ineffective. I'd rather be taking the rough edges off of truly gifted but raw than playing career minor leaguers lacking unusual attributes, height, high technique, speed, passing eye. I don't mind some Memos but it's like a team of second rate finesse and hustle types.

Instead of replicating the teams that sucked -- honest hustle players -- go get me players who look like they might be the next version of the stud we added this winter.