USOC:: Charleston v. Chivas USA 6-30 (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jun 27, 2009.

1. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston

I saw him get the ball *thats how i can say that* but i thought the foul was called because it was reckless and maybe the ref didnt see him get the ball...thats my opinion. In my opinion...Dusty got all ball and the foul shouldve never been. Does that clear it up for you?

With that being said...
    Just got done watching it on USL and Paul Conway said that through Chivas getting so angry about the placement of the ball...first being a PK then not...that the ref forgot about Dusty (even though he was already given a yellow) and that Dusty dodged a bullet by staying on the field.

2. jamtime

jamtime Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be interesting to see if the USSF addresses the incident in its weekly assessment of refereeing. They have been known to issue opinions on controversial calls.

3. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're saying its impossible for the last defender to just foul a player? Any foul is considered a red card?

4. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    An exclusive photo of Mikey immediately following the game.....

[​IMG]

5. jamtime

jamtime Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Well the only thing i can think of is maybe the ref saw what we (well at least me and a few others) and the linesman saw....Dusty get some of the ball and the yellow was for something else. The USL cam doesnt help at all which way you see it because of Dusty shielding the camera as he slid in the front of his body was toward the east stands and all the cameras are on the West stands. And if thats how you feel about the Dusty incident I would like to hear your thoughts on the others that the ref missed....because if you want the USSF to look at that one play then they should look at the whole game because earlier on the Battery had a goal scoring opportunity taken from them from a foul and there wasnt even a booking as well as the no booking for pushing the ref and sending players off after the game was over.

The ref was rubbish last night and may or may not have influenced the game. But we've come to accept that with the ref's they send for the MLS games of the tourny. After last year against Houston hardly anything will surprise me anymore.

7. jamtime

jamtime Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reds after games aren't unheard of, although I fail to see the point (I guess Galindo won't be playing in next years US open cup opener). As to the reffing in the game to that point, I thought he was fairly consistent in his no calls. I wasn't to upset with the calls (I was a fairly neutral observer. I like MLS as a league, but I have spot in my heart for the battery do to the amazing times I've had at the last 3 carolina cups).

I can't comment on fouls I don't recall, but if you remember the minutes in which they occured, I'd probably take a second look (very boring summer).

I think my quibling about this call has overshadowed the true reason why I commented here in the first place, which was to give the Battery serious props on the win, and to let those unfamiliar with MLS know that that was indeed Chivas's best squad, and they weren't taking you guys litely either. They don't have any games scheduled til July 11th, so they were able to devote their full attention to this game. You exploited their slow defence, and were able to weather the storm of thier quick passing, possesion style of play.

8. Theonefish

Theonefish Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Greenville SC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston tops Austin 2-0, Seattle is up on Portland by the same score. Of course all the upsets happen in the other side of the bracket...

9. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Well hopefully we have the same result against Houston that we've had the past 2 years

10. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the info Jammer, I'm really not looking to fight about the call either. I almost never comment on the ref, I just place their performance in the same category as the weather.....it is what it is and I can't change it. Plus, my 2 sons reffed for years, so, if anything, I'm usually the one cutting the refs some slack. However, I have had fun bringing a set of their cards to matches and whipping them out whenever I want to card a player! It is strangely gratifying.....

11. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States