USMNT Watch Event

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by TwoMeters, Jan 19, 2012.

1. TwoMeters

TwoMeters Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US fans in Austin who want to come out and watch Saturday's friendly against Venezuela have two great choices this weekend. In addition to the usual American Outlaws at Fado, you can also join Eberly's Army at Lion & Rose Westlake.

As this post details, the Army wants to give the Lion & Rose a shot, and see how it goes, so we can make a recommendation to the Aztex as far as future sponsorship and post-game events. The more people we get to come out, the better the test will be. Hope you can join us!

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WNT plays Friday and Sunday ;)

3. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It just occurred to me, but could the Lion & Rose's location imply something about the location of our potential stadium? It would make sense to choose a sponsor and post-game venue near the stadium, so perhaps we're looking into something in the Westlake area.

Westlake High School is nearby, with a HS football stadium that looks pretty nice from the Google satellite perspective. :) (I don't see a parking garage, though, and surface parking seems slightly limited.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=stadi...277488,-97.814283&fspn=0.010062,0.021136&z=17

4. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I'm gonna give Lion and Rose a try. Hey it's cold! I was thinking on a sued sport coat, but I juyst realized that I get to wear my USA jacket. Perfect!!

5. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since there is no formal announcement for the USMNT v. Panama Watch Event on Wednesday (since it's a midweek and some might or might not be able to make it), I'm planning on being and the Lion & Rose pub again. If anyone in interested in joining me, let mgrayscale know so that he can call the manager(s) in advance.

6. CplDaniel

CplDaniel Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect to go barring anything unanticipated.

Really enjoyed it last time. Good people, waitresses, food....and everything that I saw leaving the kitchen looked great. Good time there.