USMNT vs. Netherlands and Germany

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Deeneaus, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just booked my flights for Germany (June 2-16)

I'll head over to the Netherlands to watch that match and probably stay the weekend...

My base will be in Frankfurt, which is not too far from Köln. So I'll be at that match too! Let me know!

wixson7 repped this.
  2. zachalpastor

zachalpastor New Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm going to be in Amsterdam for work the first two weeks of June. What's the best way to get tickets for USA-Netherlands?

3. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Member

May 28, 2003
    Generally - US Supporters Club will offer away tickets 4-6 weeks in advance of the match. If that doesn't work the local federations will offer tickets at some point - just watch their websites. I plan at being at both these games.

wixson7 repped this.
  4. DutchUSsoccerfan

DutchUSsoccerfan New Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Any idea how many US fans will be in Amsterdam for the game?
    Tickets for the game are available through the Dutch association, but it's not possible to buy tickets with creditcard.

If someone has questions about the game or other things in relation to this game or Amsterdam please ask me.

5. JPA4life

JPA4life New Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Hanover, Germany
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be in Amsterdam and Cologne!
    But I got a question.
    Does anyone know how to get tickets for the guestblock? I'd like to be around in th US supporter section.
    Where may I get those tickets. Living in Germany isn't a much big helper. Called the German FA and they said the tickets of the guestblock are blocked (not for selling) Any ideas?

6. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Since I live in the Netherlands, I'm planning to attend both the Amsterdam and Cologne games, hopefully with some friends visiting from the States. Very excited.

@JPA4life , I'm guessing that for both of these games the US Soccer Federation will be responsible for distributing the visiting fan section tickets. As mentioned above, these will go on sale around 4-6 weeks before the game (I just purchased US section tickets for the 31 March game in Zurich).

The best way to get the US section tickets is by signing up for the US Soccer Supporters' club (link) and then keeping an eye on your email. Signing up for the lowest level of membership requires no payment and is basically just an email list subscription. I would imagine some tickets will also be allocated to the American Outlaws.

7. DutchUSsoccerfan

DutchUSsoccerfan New Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I asked the Dutch FA and they send me an answer that tickets for the visiting section goes through the visiting team, so I also signed up to the US soccer supporters club so I can get tickets for the visiting section!

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that there will be a fairly large group of American fans. Hell we managed a few hundred people for a game in Cyprus that wasn't even supposed to happen. Lots of Americans within a few hours of Amsterdam.

Gacm32 repped this.
  9. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got at least 3 in my group going to both games. Getting into Amsterdam on the 4th and staying through Sunday before making our way to Dusseldorf until the 11th.

wixson7 repped this.
  10. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Limited Supply Available

Supporters Club members have the opportunity to purchase U.S. fan tickets for the U.S. Men’s National Team against Netherlands on June 5 in Amsterdam, Netherlands and against Germany on June 10 in Cologne, Germany.

Tickets are on sale now through the Supporters Club portal at ussoccer.com/supporters. All tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. All tickets will be part of a U.S. fan section at Amsterdam ArenA and RheinEnergieSTADION.

U.S. Men at Netherlands
    June 5, 2015
    7:30 PM CET
    Amsterdam ArenA
    Amsterdam, Netherlands

U.S. Men at Germany
    June 10, 2015
    7:45 PM CET
    RheinEnergieSTADION
    Cologne, Germany

We will be hosting FanHQ parties in the host countries the night before each match. Supporters Club members will be able to RSVP for these events as soon as the locations are announced.

11. ukraine76

ukraine76 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is anyone going to the CL final in Berlin in between the 2 US matches?

12. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm planning on it. Not sure how pretty of a penny it will be to make it into the CL Final though.

13. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    Tickets just purchased thru US Soccer for both games! See you guys out there :)

GO USA!!!

ukraine76 repped this.
  14. ukraine76

ukraine76 Member

Feb 8, 2001
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I am looking for tickets too. Hit me up if you find a pair for a reasonable price and want to split it

15. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am there. Flying in and out of Amsterdam from the 3rd to the 11th. Taking a train back and forth from Amsterdam to Cologne. Looking forward to this one.

ukraine76 repped this.
  16. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    Not sure if the Fed will be setting up a "night before" spot to meet up but in case they don't, do you have any suggestions for a good drinking spot were we can meet the night before?

Thanks!

17. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    If they don't set something up, AO certainly will.

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Just a heads-up but I've heard from a longtime friend and Netherlands supporter who is looking to set up a friendly match between Dutch supporters (Oranjefans.nl) and U.S. supporters (American Outlaws, etc.) around the USMNT match in Amsterdam. He's been in touch with the Dutch FA about this who I believe will be reaching out to U.S. Soccer. In the process of reaching out to relevant parties right now and hope to pass along more information when available.

doogiemo, wixson7 and ukraine76 repped this.
  19. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When fans do these types of friendlies, how long do they play for and is it 11 v 11?

20. soccer_23

soccer_23 Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I don't have any specific suggestions, but the places to be are the Leidesplein and Rembrantsplein and the nearby streets, along with the Red Light District. Those first two are open squares that will have tables set up and are surrounded by drinking spots.

The same applies for the day of the game. The Red Light District and Rembrantsplein are a couple blocks from the train line that takes you directly to the stadium (about a 15 minute ride). Outside the stadium, there's a large plaza that's worth hanging out at before going inside. If I remember, the Oranje supporters group meets at a bar that's attached to the Heineken Music Hall off the plaza.

doogiemo repped this.
  21. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey ya'll. Glad we'll have folks heading over! I was going to go, but ended up making other plans due to eventually living over there starting in July. I'll just make my way to another Euro match whenever they come back over.

22. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    For those going, check your inbox. Plenty of info from the Fed regarding the
    Great intel Mag!

For those going, check your inbox as the Fed just sent a lot of info regarding night before, pre/post game activities and even the 11v11 fan games! You have to register for a few of the events, especially if you're planning on playing the fan games.

There's no way I'll ridicule myself out there, so I'll be happy to watch ;)

Going to be a fun trip, GO USA!!! We came to sing!!

wixson7 repped this.
  23. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering if everyone got their Germany tickets. I got my Netherlands tickets from the Fed in a PDF, but I haven't gotten the Germany ones yet.

24. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    I remember the fed gave the option to either have the hard tix mailed out or choose to pick up at the night before event. Do you remember which one you chose?

See you out there buddy! GO USA!!!

Maybe they'll be waiting for you in Cologne

25. Timjohnston

Timjohnston New Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Anyone know how I can get 2 tickets to the Germany game? Currently traveling around Europe and will be in Cologne the day of the game. All tickets online appear to require them to be mailed somewhere in Germany. Any ideas on if american outlaws or anyone has 2 extra tickets for sale?