News: USMNT vs Mexico | WCQ - the 2013 Edition...

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ThreeC, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO, Crew Union, and Season Ticket Holders will have first shot (I don't see how this game will ever make it to public sale). No details yet.

2. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What do you mean by extras? Like day of the game? No. No one will have "extras" for more then a couple days I reckon.

STHs will either have a 2:1 or 1:1 offering for how many seats they have (this has varied in the past, I can't remember exactly what it was last time around).

I believe AO usually does pre-order. Like if you are a member of AO, you get to order through them before other ticket sales periods. I do not think they necessarily "buy" tickets, they are more like the conduit from which tickets flow (someone please correct me if I am wrong, I do not want to misspeak for AO).

Without having final details yet, I would imagine Crew Union will operate in a similar way as AO, but we will also attempt to buy any extras we can for our members.

US Soccer takes its sweet time getting ticket information to us. We've been fielding ticket questions since the day the game was announced (before that actually). Trust us, the second final ticket info is available we will tell you. You won't be able to miss it. It'll be on here. Facebook. Twitter. Our website. Crew's website. AO's webiste. Our weekly emailer. Everyone you know will be talking about it. You won't miss it.

Jake Folan repped this.
  3. naas

naas Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Centerville/Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I got an email from AO this morning saying they will be going on sale soon. But unlike their other tickets, you have to be a member to purchase tickets, up to 4. Now I just joined the Crew Union last month, will they send out an email when their tickets will be on sale?

4. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Are AO and CU going to have seats beyond the north ends? I'd guess that considerably less than half of the midfield and south end seats currently belong to season ticket holders.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, I'd say the answer is "yes." It's been "yes" for every other game, so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same at this point. I'd imagine that AO and SA will take the stage and the area by the tunnel and the Crew supporters will buy the entire Nordecke to re-sell to members.

6. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What I think he's asking though is whether AO/SA/Nordecke will even extend further into the sidelines since demand is going to be so high.

7. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus

Right, but that leaves a lot more seasts in the East, West, and South sides than the team has season tickets sold. Are those going to Crew STH's as extra seats? If not who is selling them?

8. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    VISA pre-sale tickets, probably that's what'll be open to the public too

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *facepalm*

That, I do not know. I'd imagine a lot of STHs will buy as many tickets as possible, either for friends or family or (hopefully not), flipping them on eBay for max profit.

If demand is high for the supporters sections, then wouldn't logic indicate demand be high for the other sections? The saving grace might be that the game falls on a school/work night, which might lessen demand a little bit.

10. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year's US-Jamaica was on the same Tuesday night (9/11), and it was a record attendance crowd. I don't think the night is going to impact the demand if US-JAM is an indicator.

11. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't know about that, I've got a class from 6-8 that day and I'm already planning on skipping and driving the 2 hours anyway

redinthemorning and BeMassiveSoccer repped this.
  12. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's not so much of a demand issue. It's trying to keep the tickets in the hands of fans of the ole U.S.A. The more AO and Nordecke can control the tickets, the more likely to keep this pro-American.

13. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know when USA vs Mexico tickets go on sale to 10 pack season ticket holders? Sorry if it has been mentioned, don't want to go back and read through the entire thread.

14. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it's anything like last time, no information will be released until the middle of August. They don't typically start the process up until three weeks to a month before.

jschwarz repped this.
  15. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, last year, the ticket process started in early July. I bought my tickets for US-Jamaica through the USSSC on July 9th. I bought our parking passes on July 25th. I think our Crew On-Sale was a week after the USSSC tix went onsale.

I think you'll see this priority, but I'm not sure on timing:
    1. US Soccer Supporter's Club
    1a. Sam's Army/AO Supporters Groups
    2. Full Season Ticket Holders
    2b. Visa PreSale
    3. 10 game STH's
    4. 4 game STH's
    5. Remaining Seats offered up to STH's (if available)
    6. Public OnSale (if available)

Keep your eyes on your emails and this topic. Once the emails start to come out, it's gonna be crazy up in here.

jschwarz and Hamburgler03 repped this.
  16. Hamburgler03

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy F5 Tuesday

17. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are people freaking out over nothing, or are there actually ticket info emails out there somewhere? Neither me nor my buddy have received any info via The Crew or US Soccer yet.

18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're forgetting USSF sponsors and VIPs. I'd imagine they'd take up a few of the extra "game day" suites, the VIP terrace and maybe some of the Center Circle Club.

Here's my guess:
    1) US Soccer VIPs
    2) US Supporters' Club
    3) SA/AO/Nordecke USA (separate location from group #2.)
    4) Full Season Ticket holders
    5) VISA Presale
    6) Partial season ticket holders
    7) General Public

Here's a random question: Why doesn't USSF have pre-sales for their club and SA/AO/others "will-call only" as in "the person who is the member must pick up their tickets at the stadium on the day of the game." Wouldn't that help cut down on scalping and help the home-field advantage? Maybe not, but wouldn't it at least be worth a try?

19. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friend just told me he bought his ticket. He is an American Outlaw member.

20. CaptainTrips

CaptainTrips Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Ashland, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh. There's a comment thread on the AO Facebook page about organzing the section for Mexico, and they're talking about capos and microphones.

Not sure I want to go to that game anymore.

21. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If you don't go because of microphones then in my opinion that ranks as the dumbest reason not to attend.

22. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worse yet, it would be choosing to not go because of a BS thread about microphones.

23. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Weirdly on the today show yesterday there was a feature about the number of tickets available for concerts to the general public. In some cases it was as few as 20% - and even as low as 9%. When you look at a list like above, you can see why. But then all people have to do is actually become a "fan club" member, or in this case a supporters club member, and you get a better chance of getting a ticket.

24. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's true. Forever, you hear people bitching about scalpers, etc.... The only "people" that really cared about scalpers were/was TicketBastard because they weren't sharing in the profit. The artists and promoters were making quite the nice little pile of cash, and when fans are buying tickets through the artist's fan club, the artist gets more of the cut (vs. Ticketmaster and venue charges).

I will disagree with Peter about the VIP's though. Those tickets are allocations, and they're not really up "for sale". It's not like Employees of Nike are going to get an email that says, "come get into the lottery for the US-Mex game!" The tickets are handed over to Nike and other Corp sponsors.

As for suites, those are all controlled by US Soccer. Last year, we tried to get a suite for Jamaica and Paul Hunt told me that basically, apart from the suites that were rented out all season, The Crew only got two suites. One for their use, and one for the city. US Soccer handled the "sales" of all the rest. one went to the Jamaican Federation, one presumably to USSF....

So the first crack at tickets to the general populace will be supporter's groups.

Here's hoping for an email today!

25. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Sams Army and AO tix are on sale btw.......