usmnt/uswnt highlight bank help

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by soccersubjectively, Aug 4, 2018.

1. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A while back I created a US highlight bank for all national team games that I could find but unfortunately it's kind of bit the dust. I'd love to pass it on to someone who has the time to keep it running as I just don't have the time to do it correctly. If anyone is interested please let me know. Currently it's just a very long google doc with hyperlinks (some dead, I'm sure):

https://www.everybodysoccer.com/us-soccer-highlight-bank/

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I checked for the USMNT going back through 2008. All the games before 2016 have the URL redirect. Here's what doesn't work:

The World Cup 2014 full games are from World Cup Nerd, and all of them say the were blocked by FIFA. The highlights against Portugal don't work either. The "Full Game (Part 1)" link for June 12, 2012 doesn't work. The highlights for the game against England in 2010 don't work. The Gold Cup 2009 Final doesn't work. The Confederations Cup 2009 Final doesn't work and the Group Stage game against Brazil was blocked by FIFA.

I didn't check "Full Game," "Recap," or "PR & Recap" videos if there were highlights.

3. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you are volunteering to take over? : )

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll gradually check what videos work for highlights only. I'm not promising any speed. I'm not going to look for videos to link to. For 2007, one of the friendlies says 08.22.08 instead of 08.22.07. All the World Cup 2006 games were blocked by FIFA. For 2004 it says Granada instead of Grenada. I checked 2005 through 2007, and all the videos work after a redirect except for World Cup 2006.

5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason all the links redirect is that they take you to http://www.google.com/url?q=http with the second http the start of the YouTube URL. The highlights must have been found by searching Google and had the links copied directly without taking out the beginning part. I don't know if there's a way to fix all the links at once because doing hundreds of them one at a time will take time.

All of the games from 2001 through 2004 work except for:

All the World Cup 2002 Group Stage games were blocked by FIFA
    May 8, 2003 friendly vs. Mexico doesn't work
    June 19, 2003 Confederations Cup game was blocked by FIFA

Remember that I am only looking at Highlights. I counted that I have looked at 260 games and have 209 left.

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every highlight from 1996 through 2000 works except for the World Cup 1998 game against Iran that was blocked by FIFA.

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The World Cup 1994 games against Switzerland and Colombia don't work. The February 20, 1994 game vs. Sweden was blocked by FIFA. The April 29, 1992 game vs. Ireland doesn't work.

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The October 10, 1990 game was blocked by Crowley Media. The game that says May 31, 1976 in the US Cup takes you to highlights of England vs. Italy from May 28. I'm done looking at what Highlights worked. The "Roster" links to FIFA for World Cup 1950 don't work.

soccersubjectively repped this.