News: USMNT: The Road to Russia

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh. That's all.

Eboe

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 Bill Archer, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    In the just-assassinated thread, someone mentioned the number of AO tix and how excessive it seemed. I couldn't agree more.

But I think the numbers are fairly similar to last time. In 2013 a USSF poobah proudly told me that AO "sold" 7000 tickets, as if that was some extra ordinary accomplishment.

I responded that if he'd give ME 7000 tickets I could have sold them too.

Anyway, a month or so ago AO told their members that there would be "2000" AO lottery winners.

Not sure what to make of that (except that obviously it assumes multiple tickets per winner) aside from it looking like 8000 tickets.

Sammers and locals combined for another 1000 in '13 according to them. It's possible that THAT may have been cut down a bit with AO the beneficiary.

I'm not informed enough to figure out how many people the indicated sections hold and do the math here.

The policy of bending over and greasing up the old poop chute for AO is the sort of thing that, particularly in Columbus - is beyond explanation.

4. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    I for one just wish they would leave the speakers back in Seattle. Having been to all previous US games at the stadium, the last Mexico game atmosphere was a step backwards.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I totally agree with both. Why there is ANY love for AO in Columbus is anyone guess. But hey, if people want to play flippy cup in the parking lot while drinking to puke AND claim it's not a "frat party atmosphere"... fine by me. Oh...and then they go off and say "You have it all wrong" before you get the banhammer from their FB page while talking about the Brazilian plane debacle.

I certainly respect that they've done more than probably anyone could have dreamed, especially back in 94, but I can't love their group.

Bill Archer repped this.
  6. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I stopped by the poker room at Mandalay Bay like you suggested.

I mentioned your name and three rather large and/or ugly guys stood up and said that you owed them money.

So they took my wallet in return for not messing me up, and I couldn't afford to drink after that.

[​IMG]

7. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pai Gow Poker is your friend. It's a push game so you dont win or lose much but can drink for free. I wonder what the betting odds for a 2-0 USA result is.

8. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Has there been a follow up email from US soccer other than the "we will let you know more..." from last week? Card has been charged but have not heard anything.

9. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Formal emails have started going out yesterday from US Soccer

10. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member+

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My recollection is that AO had the North Endline, the South Bleachers and a few more expensive sections in the corners on the east side of the stadium in 2013. Columbus SG's had just about the same sections as they have for this game.

The permanent upper South Endline sections were available in the TM sales. That's where we got tickets during the USSSC presales in 2013 (and 2009 and 2005).

After looking at the seating map posted yesterday, I feel lucky to have won endline tickets as a USSSC Gold Tier member with so few red sections available to applicants not affiliated with AO, Sammers and Columbus SG's.

US Soccer sent me an email this morning with confirmation of our seating location and payment with a link to the Account Manager.

11. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I *just* got mine! w00t w00t!

(you can tell I'm hip by my "w00t w00t")

[​IMG]

eboe repped this.
  12. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm slightly annoyed (okay more than slightly) about the sheer volume of AO tickets. But what really grates me, is that they were essentially given all of the cheap seats.

Why?

Why do I pay US Soccer $55 just so people who pay $20 to some random group get priority when it comes to seating?

If AO is so awesome and their fans just the best, most dedicated fans, then they should have no problem filling in, say, East side upper deck, right?

13. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not like USA - Mexico in Columbus needs a formal group on the end lines for the sake of atmosphere

14. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My tickets just came in by email.. low in 130

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Why not this?

You put AO on the stage, by the player tunnel, south bleachers and from the SE corner on north in both upper and lower tiers.

USSSC gets the rest of the cheap seats, aka the permanent stands and it looks like 1-2 sections in the extreme SW near the office and craft beer stand.

Crew STH for Nordecke and Sammers get the entire Nordecke.

I think a lot of it is demographics. A typical AO member doesn't have $155 or whatever for a ticket, thus why their membership fee is $20 and not $55.

16. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    My seat location for USA vs Mexico showed up in email today!

Psycho_Derek and Hamburgler03 repped this.
  17. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the tickets set up for mobile device only or were you able to print hardcopies?

18. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Keep in mind you can print any webpage, but that doesn't mean they will accept them when you get to the gate. With all they have said, I would not want to try getting in without a smartphone in hand.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed. When you show your mobile device, you get a QR code. When you show a printed paper, it has a rectangular code that gets scanned. There's usually notice on print-at-home tickets that they must be printed and cannot be shown via mobile device. I'd imagine the opposite would be true.

20. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    #20 Dan Milton, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    At this moment thay are not printable. The message on the site,I believe the ticketmaster site,says it will let me know when I can print them. However the original message from US Soccer,,as I recall,said everything would be handled wirelessly. I have no idea what in the Hell is going on! I contacted my Crew rep and was told to contact US Soccer and ask them and let her know what they said. I sent an email to US Soccer and got no reply. Sent an email to my Crew Rep and got no reply. Not to go over my problem of not being able to connect with email outside my WiFi server at home but maybe US Soccer has realized that not all supporters have or know how to operate technology. Hopefully they will let us print our tickets from our devices. If not I have two choices, Try to sell my tickets back to ticketmaster or go buy a new phone with data services. Now I just have a ten cents a minute plan because I have a landline and only use me cell for emergencies. I damed well don't want to miss USA vs Mexico game but I hate to spend another fortune on a new phone and data services I don't need.

21. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crazy idea:

Depending on your provider, what about warranties? Could you get a new phone the day before the game and take it back on Saturday and tell them you simply have no need for such a contraption and they'd put you back on your old plan/phone?

22. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    That would be nice but somehow my stupid ethics get in the way!

23. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So I barfed up money for 2017 Crew tickets in order to get tickets for USA vs Mex..just found out my seat location 223 row 18, seats 5 & 6. Ummm I'm going to sell and already have a buyer.

24. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buy a 20 dollar phone at walmart and put 10 bucks on it for airtime.

25. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    #25 Dan Milton, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Sorry if I sound stupid but if I buy the cheap phone and $10.00 plan do I need to buy a data plan connection to connect to a cell tower in the area to pull my tickets up from my email account to the phone?