USMNT/MLS Team “Interest Rankings”

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by bharreld, Mar 18, 2019.

1. bharreld

bharreld Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Westlake, OH
  2. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    The Philadelphia game put me to sleep.

3. bharreld

bharreld Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Westlake, OH
    I didn’t think it was too bad. Watching Aaronson run around out there was great. Love me a young, American #10.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The interesting thing about Pomykol is he's getting hype in MLS yet is playing the same as he was in U20 qualifying where I thought he was the US's best player but others picked multiple players ahead of him. I thought I must be biased since FCD is my team but now I think the dirty work he does digging, running and setting others up for great shots wasn't appreciated for the U20's. He puts balls to where it makes it easy for teammates to run onto them or shoot. It's no coincidence that the crazy shot from Bryan Acosta was eerily similar to one Mendez had in qualifying. the pass from Pomykol were both layoffs from the endline for on running teammates.

bharreld repped this.
  5. bharreld

bharreld Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Westlake, OH
  6. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s a hot take on RSL’s HG’s.

7. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #7 50/50 Ball, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    TFC vs Seattle has been chock full of Yanks.

Jozy with a brace
    Roldan with a really nice finish.
    Westburg with the start in goal.
    Frei is eligible now isn't he?

8. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Morris continues cementing his rep as an all speed no brains forward.

9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #9 Excellency, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    Atlanta are so much fun to watch. Robinson, Parky, Big Red, Gressel, Guzan, the Brekken and....um....nah-nah-nah-nagbe

p,s. Barco haters eat it as Barco puts a brace on Fried-el who is picking up Man of the Year award later this week from the Orthopedic Surgeon Society of America.

50/50 Ball repped this.
  10. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas is starting 3 US eligible teens. It's like somebody turned on the spigot at the academy this season.

adam tash and bharreld repped this.
  11. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beating NE means nothing, that team is in shambles. Unsurprising that Atlanta beats a toothless NE by throwing on 5 attackers + an attacking LB in Shea. I'd favor my Quakes against them, that's how bad they are.

Good game from Barco. Maybe he can be sold for 5 million if he breaks double digits this year. Villalba's a fraction of the price, and the best player on that team now that Almiron's gone and an out-of-shape Martinez isn't scoring anymore.

12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You are under-rating Atlanta. I'd say they are 50/50 to win the Cup this year. Martinez is not out of shape. He needs somebody to play with. They overpaid for Barco but he's worth more than $5m. Trade Nagbe to Columbus for Trapp and the Boer has himself a contender.

13. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Sounders score 2 within 2 minutes to go up 3-1 after Vanney went to 4 man backline to start the 2nd half after playing to a 1-1 tie in first half with 352.

Vanney has to get over his obsession with right side width forward and get back to grinding teams into a fine dust.

14. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TFC's is into year two of back line issues. They didn't have their starting right back and Seattle picked on the sub all game.

15. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    And it doesn't take 2 years to fix back line issues.

16. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think LAFC is a faaar better team, and while Atlanta looks like they could be Eastern Conference champs, the Supporters Shield is likely coming out of the West, and the Cup is going there too.

IMO, the East is not good this year. NYCFC is down. NYRB is down. ATL is down. Orlando still weak despite Nani. I expect Montreal to fall off soon enough. NER the clearest bottomfeeder, but mostly I just don't see a lot of good teams, mostly mediocre ones that I think will beat on each other, and lose to Western Conference foes often.

The West has a resurgent LAG/LAFC, Seattle not slumping early, young FCD, improved Minnesota, always-good SKC, and usually-decent RSL/Houston.At some point Portland's going to get points at home. It's only the bottom 3 of Vancouver, Colorado, and SJ that will suck, while the rest are contenders, at least for getting to the Conference Finals.