USL in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'USL Expansion' started by -DgS-, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    The Milwaukee Torrent is holding a supporters meeting on Wednesday March 25 at 8:30 pm at the In Bounds Training Center in Glendale. More info is available in their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/287652161358792/

Let's see how many people can make it! It'd be great if we had a good showing to show our support for the team. And don't forget to Like their page!

2. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Check out the facebook page of the Torrent's new independent supporter's group: https://www.facebook.com/mkeflood

We're always looking for people to get involved and excited about our new team. Right now we've got a logo design competition going! Have any ideas?

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God, business reporters.

FootySkeptic repped this.
  4. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    I know right? Even with a little research they would know that PDL teams are not professional. In any case, it'll be good having another amateur team in the city.

5. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they can be...PDL doesn't dictate on who is/isn't professional (i.e., paid). This is also the fault of numerous ownership groups in how they communicate this to media and the public.

I've seen numerous advertise they'll be owning a "professional soccer team" in whatever market they are playing in.

6. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Torrent is an interesting name. I'm guessing they didnt want to use Rampage for some reason.

7. -DgS-

-DgS- Member

Jul 22, 2006
    I might be wrong but I'm sure someone still owns the rights to the Rampage name. I think starting out with a fresh name is good, and I love the tie in to the growing water industry we have.

8. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NPSL is proud to announce that the Milwaukee Torrent have become full members of the league after playing in a provisional conference last season. The Torrent will again compete in the league’s Midwest Region.
    “Congratulations to Andi Davi and the entire Milwaukee Torrent organization as they've moved to become full members of the National Premier Soccer League,” NPSL Chairman Joe Barone commented. “We welcome Milwaukee Torrent's contributions as we continue to grow the NPSL and the game in Wisconsin and the surrounding region.”
    The Torrent finished 2016 with a 6-0 record in league play and an overall record of 11-1-2 in all competitions. Captain James Weber led the team with 12 goals and nine assists.
    “We couldn't be more proud of our inaugural season,” Milwaukee Torrent owner Andi Davi added. “It was our first year; we sold over 500 season tickets and won our conference. Every home game was a highlight.”
    The Torrent will move to Hart Park, a 4000-seat facility, next season. The location of this venue is close to many bars and restaurants, which Davi hopes will give their fans and guests an even better experience.
    “We want to attract more people to our home games. The goal is to have at our games a four digit number in attendance and of course we want to win our conference again.”
    Davi gave much credit to the club’s two supporters’ groups, the Flood and the Milwaukee Barons, praising their passion and involvement with the club and the NPSL.
    The club aims to have four-figure attendance at every home game in 2017 in addition to winning their conference again. A long-term goal is to have year-round soccer in Milwaukee.
    “It's great to be a member of the NPSL, one of the biggest leagues in the U.S.,” Milwaukee Torrent owner Andi Davi added. “You can compete on a nationwide level inside the league without the need of joining one of the many smaller regional leagues. Being a part of a league that has existed since 2003 makes us proud and shows us that we did things right here in Milwaukee.”
    More information about the Milwaukee Torrent can be found at milwaukeetorrent.com or by following the team on Facebook (@milwaukeetorrent), Twitter (@mketorrent), or Instagram (@milwaukeetorrent).

9. soccermilitant

soccermilitant Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    St.paul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its to bad the Midwest soccer trend has basically been absen from Wisconsin

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since this thread no longer has any relavance to USL, I am closing it. Follow the Torrent on the NPSL forum and if any relevant USL news appears, feel free to start a new thread.

ThePonchat repped this.