USARL Finals in Philadelphia Saturday

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by CFL-fan, Aug 24, 2011.

1. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Anyone going to the USARL Finals Saturday?

Philadelphia vs New Haven

2. RuggerUA

RuggerUA New Member

Aug 6, 2011
    No, I will not be going, even though I live in the Philadelphia area. I do not support rugby league because they poach rugby union players and undermine the development of rugby union by confusing the public about what real rugby is.

3. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    Well I enjoy both just like I also enjoy Canadian Football, US Football, Soccer and indoor soccer.

4. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I agree with you CFLFan. In fact, I've seen more nail biting finishes, last minute heroics and exciting games in one CFL season than I've seen in 3 NFL seasons. I still watch both still though.

I watched RL a lot when I lived in the UK for 9 years. What sold me on the game (as a lifelong union fan) was I didn't have Sky tv at first, the only sport on BBC showed on Saturday afternoons was Rugby League. Then Murdoch Money started the SuperLeague and I went out and finally bought Sky.

I'm actually surprised to see Philadelphia and New Haven in this, my memory was Jacksonville Axe were the dominant team, hopefully they can get this in before the Hurricane ploughs through town.

5. CFL-fan

CFL-fan Member

May 1, 2006
    Maryland
    The Game got in before the Hurricane. They moved kick-off to 2 PM (originally 3PM). It rained the entire match but did not get real bad until the 4th quarter. The winning penalty was almost stopped in mid-air by the wind.

Philadelphia hung on 28 to 26 after leading 18-0 at the half.

http://www.usarugbyleague.com/2011/08/fight-2011-usarl-champs/