USA vs. Venuzuela :Official Pre and Post Match Activities in Seattle

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bandeirante, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My plane is getting in at 9 AM on Saturday, and my girlfriend and I are heading directly to the Pyramid for breakfast. Can y'all keep this thread updated as to whether there's going to be a tailgate or if people are going to stay at the Pyramid until game time?

2. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Bump.

Week and a half until the game and it seems as though little has been finalized. Looks like a group will be seeing "Bend it Like Beckham" before heading out to Kell's on Friday night. So what time do we start in at Kell's? Depending on when I get in town and which friend/relative I hit up for lodging, I am considering getting there or maybe a different bar in the area early (around 4-5) to catch NCAA Sweet 16 action.

And what's the deal with pre-game? Pyramid, tailgate, or FX Mcrory's, or somewhere else?

And what about bringing in flags early to hang them up in the stadium? Last year we had to get them to the Pyramid early to give to a designated group of people that got into the stadium early to hang flags.

The Sam's Army site as well as the Seattle Brigade site haven't been updated with any real info since the beginning of February. We're getting pretty close to game time, let's finalize some stuff.

3. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be at Kells by no later than between 6-7 as the place really starts to fill up. We will be there probably around 5:30. Also, if you show up late, you will have to pay a cover for the live music. Early birds don't have to pay! I say we decide at Kells what to do the next morning, then everyone will be on the same page. Some of the locals will be there to help us then as well. What do you say?!

4. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Gee, twist my arm... ;) Me and my son-in-law will be there with an eye on a few pints of Boddington's, Guinness and likely a car bomb or two.

Kevin

5. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Delta, be good to see you again... I've been waiting to see you in person to talk about field turf...

6. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    I'll be disappointed if he doesn't bring us all samples.
    ;) ;)

7. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Let's just tear up the field with a pitch invasion after Buddle's 90+ minute strike to win it! Then we'll all have souvenirs! (and I guess they'd have to put in grass if the field was destroyed right?) Everyone would be happy! Heheheheheh...

Kevin

8. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    With war looming, the JFA is going to reconsider again on Friday whether or not they want to fly over here. The Seattle Mariners cancelling exhibition games in Japan today didn't help much.

Let's hope.

Mav

9. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    I really wish they just would've canceled a month ago so we could've gotten a replacement such as Uruguay right then.

10. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    Which was my sentiment also. Either say with 100% certainty they were coming, or cancel right then and there. Frankly, I have no doubt Japan will cancel. Regardless, I'm sure more talk of cancelling by Japan will do wonders for ticket sales even if they decide to come. :rolleyes: The fact that MLB wussed out and won't even make up the games in Japan, but instead in the USA is pathetic too.

Kevin

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Who's to say that any team we have scheduled wouldn't cancel if the war starts?

Seriously.

12. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Just a note on the baseball effects on this

The baseball games were regular season contests. Making them up in Japan in June/whenever the war is over would have been a logistical nightmare affecting more than the Mariners and Athletics. Several other games of several teams would have to be moved to accomodate travel.

13. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    There's no way to know how any other team would've reacted. But Japan's initial reaction was a pretty good indication of how they were going to react. If Uruguay had been scheduled as a replacement we would've been left wondering how they would respond. With Japan, given their initial hesitance, I think it's pretty well known how they will respond.

14. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the Seattle Sounders will play the Spokane Shadow instead...It would still give me an excuse to drink and watch soccer...

15. DragonFly

DragonFly New Member

Dec 31, 1999
    Saturday pre-game

For pre-game activities...

Pyramid Brewery has offered to open their beer garden for us @ 10am on Saturday. (outside roped-off area w/ kegs - lines move pretty quickly).

They say they're ready for Sams Army, USA Supporters, Sounder POD fans, etc. and hope we'll take them up on their offer.

If there's no other solid movement on a meeting place, I'd say meet @ Pyramid (it's right across from Safeco) @ 10am, and leave for Seahawks stadium a little past noon.

I don't know the bars down there well, so someone else feel free to pick a place if Pyramid isn't to their liking.

But if not, the Pyramid address is:

Pyramid Alehouse, Brewery & Restaurant
    1201 First Avenue South
    Seattle, WA 98134
    Telephone: (206) 682-3377

16. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    So the outdoor beer garden this time, not indside. Last year it seemed like half the people were in the beer garden and half were inside.

17. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being as how my flight doesn't get into Seattle 'til 7:30pm, I'm hoping to get to Kell's by no later than 9pm.

Hope that's not TOOOOO late!!

Looking forward to meeting USMNT fans, especially Delta Blues & Banderiante.

18. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    We'll spread our shall we say *ample* arses a bit wider to save a space for you bro! (I'm sure Banderiante also admits he resembles that remark!) ;)

-Kevin

19. vince stravino

vince stravino New Member

Dec 9, 2001
    Appalachia
    Kell's Friday and Pre-game at the Pyramid. Deja Vu all over again. I guess it's outside unless it is raining...then it's inside?

See y'all there. I'm jonzing for some live USA futtie. Been high and dry since the Argie match and needing a little R&R in the Great Northwest. Thanks to everyone who helped do some organizing for the out-of-towners.

20. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but I've been jogging lately...

21. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The music starts at 9 and I think everyone will attest to the fact that 9 is definitely not too late for this bunch. See ya there.

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    ECG#18 will be released at Kells on Friday!

[​IMG]

Emerald City Gazette #18 - Volume 4 Number 1 - March 2003
    Caracas Edition

- Interview: David Sternberg, Fox Sports World
    - Team by Team 2003 MLS Preview
    - 2003 WUSA Preview
    - Doug Chapman: Happy Valley 10 Years On
    - and more

23. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm hoping not to have read through this whole thread:

Kell's on friday night? can someone give a general direction of where this is? is "Kell's" how it's spelled in case i need to call the place up and ask for directions?

hope to see some of you there. my buddy from seattle, definitely NOT a soccer fan, but definitely a sports fan, may or may not want to go to Kell's, but i'm taking him for his first cap on saturday, so we'll see if i can convert him. :)

24. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kells is a well known establishment in a well known locale. It is in Post Alley off Pike St., where the Pike St. Public Market is. Some locals can tell you what bus to take, but if your taking a cab or a friend is taking you, just tell them Kells or at least Pike St. Market and then just ask those around for Kells and they will point you the rest of the way.

25. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    DAMN! I guess I win the award then... ;) Seriously, kudos on working out man, good for you I say!

I just hope my wife doesn't read this, or I'll definitely be buying some running shoes asap...

Kevin