USA vs. Venuzuela :Official Pre and Post Match Activities in Seattle

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bandeirante, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA vs. Japan:Official Pre and Post Match Activities in Seattle

Last springs game between USA and Honduras was a great success as we all coordinated to get together before and after the game. Friday night at Kells in Seattle was a great time last year and I suggest we do it again. Friday, March 28 at Kells Irish Pub, the earlier the better...say 6-7 p.m. before the friday night crowd and before they charge cover at 9. The other option is Fado, 5-6 blocks away from Kells. The day of the game is great to go to Pyramid across the street from the stadium and if the weather is good, a great outdoor area. Anyway, post ideas and suggesstions here!!

2. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is also FX McRory's which is across the street from the north entrance to Seahawks Stadium and is situated in Pioneer Square proper. They have good food as well as a good beer menu.

Pyramid is across the street from Safeco, and 2 blocks south of Seahawks Stadium. It is situated in the SODO warehouse district.

- Paul

3. DragonFly

DragonFly New Member

Dec 31, 1999
    I'd be up for a Thursday night get together
    @ George & Dragon in Fremont for us local
    USMNT nuts.

If anyone else was interested, maybe we
    could get them to throw in a US match tape
    on their VCR to enjoy (and there's no UEFA
    Cup matches scheduled that day -- or at
    least not at this point).

I'm not a big fan of FX's, and if the sun is
    out, I'd much prefer to be outside @ Pyramid's
    (even with the extra few blocks of walking).

-- Colin

4. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not a big fan of FXs either, but I can live with it if everyone wants to go there. Pyramid is pretty cool, but it gets very crowded early. The outside area is sweet when its sunny like the Hondo match. I don't think I will be there until friday, so I would have to miss the George & Dragon on thurs night. I need to get to that place!!

5. GMan Eric

GMan Eric Member

Aug 28, 2000
    The Brougham End
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    G&D is pretty cool... small, but cool nonetheless. I too prefer Pyramid to Fx Mcrory's (beer prices per pint were pretty ridiculous when I went in there for pre-game for the Seattle-Vancouver match on 7/28/2002 -- seemed Pyramid was at least a buck less per pint).

However, it's all good to me though, we have a US match in town, we have the Sounders out of Memorial Stadium, life's good right about now :)

6. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where exactly is G&D located, and how accessible is it from downtown where we will be stalking the USMNT at the Sheraton-where we rubbed elbows with Clint, Pablo, Eddie, Bobby, Goose and Carlos last year. Everytime we come to Seattle we say that we are going to the G&D, and then we can't pry our butts out of the seats at Kells and Fado. Also, what other soccer friendly pubs are there besides the aforementioned? Even though I spend a good deal of time in Seattle, I generally frequent the same places downtown and up in the U disrict.

7. Mark Coker

Mark Coker Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Seattle,WA, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    G&D's in Fremont (206 N. 36th). We talked about having a pre-match gathering there before the Honduras match. Decided against it just becuase it's not that easy to get to from downtown. With Kell's and/or Fado, it's a manageable walk or a relatively inexpensive cab ride from the downtown hotels. According to Yahoo, G&D's 3.4 miles from the Sheraton. Looks like Metro routes 5, 26, and 28 will get your pretty close...IIRC the 28 goes right past G&D.

As far as the "soccer-friendly" designation goes, I'd suggest that those may be all there is...although it's possible there are some with a more hispanic clientele that I'm just not aware of.

8. goyoureddevils

Dec 17, 2002
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I'm gonna fly in from Indiana for the game on Friday Morning....... can i come too? :)

9. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Is there a place that starts serving alchohol at say, 9 am? It would be nice to have a liquid brunch, gather all the fans together, and march to the stadium singing the whole way.

Sachin

10. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If there is a saturday morning Celtic match that day, the Celtic Supporters Club will be at Kells that morning early to watch live on Setanta closed circuit. I believe they start pouring red eyes there at that time, legal or not I don't know. The games start usually at 7 am unless it is the Old Firm, then they start at the ungodly hour of 4am. Not sure they start pouring anything more than coffee then. But for sure everything opens up by 11am and we can start at Pyramid. Or... there is the parking lot north of Seahawk Stadium that is just perfect for tailgaiting and the cops are pretty cool with it. We could start there if some lucky soul parks there and the rest of us meet there at say 9am. goyoureddevils, you can come to, even if you are a ManUre fan!!

11. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any other suggestions? (keeping the thread current)

12. cjschlos

cjschlos Member

Jan 21, 1999
    New York
    Kells on Friday night is a great call...no better place to pound beers in Seattle....as for Saturday Morning if there are enough people I can certainly organize a keg or two for the parking lot

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Kells the night before and Pyramid before/after the game was awesome last March.

mmmmm Pyramid wheat.....

14. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Kalama representin'.

Sadly, they closed their Kalama brewery, though.

15. Mark Coker

Mark Coker Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Seattle,WA, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you click on Andy's Yellow Card Journalism link, you can see what a good time was had by most. There's some pretty good shots of the Kell's festivities. I'm the bozo wearing the '94 USA (denim) number.

The only problem I saw with Pyramid on matchday was it was too crowded--couldn't get served quick enough :)

16. cjschlos

cjschlos Member

Jan 21, 1999
    New York
    On another front how about a seattle watch party for the canada game....any idea if G&D would be interested??

17. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    Hopefully I can get into town for a Friday night at Kell's. Pyramid works great for Saturday, but it would be even better if there was a good area to tailgate at.

Bandeirante, you going to get tix in a supporter's section this time?

18. bright

bright Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Central District
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've watched many games at Las Margaritas on Post Alley and Seneca just south of Harbor Steps. I had a lot of fun with the people who worked there, especially when the US was kicking some ass. :)

- Paul

19. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    NNCRed, myself and crew (Bandeirante, Guinness Gulper and others) have tickets across the aisle from Sam's Army.

Kells Friday night sounds like the best idea. Pyramid after the game, ya, why not?

Outback

20. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Paul, Scoey and I watched some Champions League soccer there once. That's just down the hill from where we work. Scoey's going to have to remember which game it was, though.

Good people, good service, good food.

21. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yup, as Outback Maverick said, there will be six to eight of us in 147 with the supporters and SA. I was thinking Kells on friday night and Fado on saturday after the game. But I will go wherever everyone else does. Las Margaritas is a sweet place as well. Hey NNCRed, I don't want to hear any ManUre trash talk, got it?

22. Michael J Christy

Michael J Christy New Member

Jan 27, 2001
    I second that motion...if I want to hear how good that Phil Neville is or how dashing Becks hair was this past Saturday, I'll be at the Dragon.

No, instead, give me some mother's milk at Kells am I'm happy. Especially when Henrik Larsson gets word of the party at Kells and decides to stop by and have a pint on me.

Mav

23. cjschlos

cjschlos Member

Jan 21, 1999
    New York
    I am talking to the folks at G&D and Kells about parties for the Canada Game and the Argentina Game...if you would be interested in either pm me so i can get a idea of numbers

24. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    There is no way in hell that I'd be complimenting the play of any Neville or Beckham. While I love United and I want them to perform well for them, they can go to hell for all I care.

Nope, that weekend is for the Yanks. I'm ready to get back to kell's, have a few pints, and get ready for the match.

25. Bandeirante

Bandeirante Member

Dec 7, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen, brother...