USA vs Japan (R)

Discussion in 'Rugby & Aussie Rules' started by the shelts, Nov 16, 2008.

1. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Well the Rising Sun shot down the Eagles.

Japan 29- USA 19.

I was really hoping the Eagles could beat Japan too. USA led 14-10 at the half but the Japanes poured on the jets and we were sunk.

(Again) fitness played a part as (apparantly) the USA ran out of gas before 80 mins. The USA face Japan for round 2 in Tokyo next week. Jetlag is not an excuse as they arrived Wednesday morning.

2. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I want to watch another USA game.

3. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    So do I.

Its difficult. I was able to watch Wales v Canada on Friday but no USA-Japan.

4. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Wasn't ESPN Classic including more rugby in their slow transition to becoming something like ESPN World (or whatever they'll call it)? They even had the Rugby Super League final which probably ranks below international tests in terms of public interest. I know ESPN360 has engage Super League, which is the other code, but it's still progress. They need to hurry up.

5. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I remember reading a blog by that guy Brownie who used to do the rugby roundup with Brian Vizard on Fox Sports World before they rebranded to FSC.

Long story short they lost a ton of money on Rugby.

Even Mediazone doesn't have the Japan v USA game tomorrow.

6. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    ESPN Classic is actually doing college games as well. ESPN can do alright on domestic matches money-wise, but the money's just not there for away games (for one thing they'd have to pay a rights fee to the JRU). To be fair I have never seen a USA away game except to a major union (i.e. a game FSC/Setanta would have had anyway) so I can't complain too much.