USA vs Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Gamba 2005 Pt 2 redded, Feb 10, 2006.

1. GreenIsle

GreenIsle Red Card

Dec 28, 2005
    Green I/Prt Douglas
    Well,being Australian I hope we dominate them but WTF are you talking about? They had about 10 regular starters out of their line up.

And still only just lost.The US defence is a shambles.

2. dsp87260

dsp87260 New Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Uh...."WTF are you talking about?"

Which team are you saying was missing 10 of it's starters? (It was the USA, just in case you thought otherwise.)

Or did you mean one of the teams played 10 of its starters during that game? (We are talking about USA vs Japan right?)

Japan was missing 3 or 4 (maybe as much as 5) of their regular starters based on what I've read here.

The USA only had 1 regular starter out on the pitch that night (Landon Donovan)....maybe 2 if you want to count Eddie Pope as a regular starter. That means we were missing 9 or 10 regular starters in that game.

You have absolutely no clue about the US team do you?

(Unless you meant our defense was a shambles during that last 30 minutes after we had made about 6 substitutions, and when we had only played with 1 starting (ie first choice) defender (an arguable starter at that) during the whole game.)

3. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the Daily Yomiuri article, rougou. I just got back to take a look at this board after almost two weeks. I definitely agree with what Osim says not so much about selection process but with Zico's over-emphasis on attack. I still say "Japanese are not Brazilians."