Pre-match: USA vs Jamaica -- Gold Cup Semi-Finals Wed 7/1

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by MarioKempes, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girt

Girt Member

Jun 18, 2019
    I think Tim Ream is one of the most over rated USMNT players ever. But you have to admit (or if you can't re-watch the Curacao attacking highlights) he had some crazy good individual moments last game saving the backline. Best game I've seen him play since Mexico WCQ last cycle in Mexico.

Hope this lineup doesn't backfire.

2. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    What?!?!? Who rates him? Or maybe you mean over rated by managers.

3. dlokteff

dlokteff Member+

Jan 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Apparently, the only one who matters.

Girt repped this.
  4. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Who are the six posters?

5. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like we stepped off the gas too early against Curaçao. I hope we play with more urgency and speed tonight.

USA!

Girt repped this.
  6. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F*ck, I don't remember all their names. Does that make you happy that I don't memorize every poster's every post to refer to in the future? Jesus, you're like my older brother--always winning arguments because you demand "proof", even when you damn well know my argument is legit.

EDIT: I mean, for f*ck's sake, there's no denying the mass hatred for Bradley and derision of Berhalter. They both have multiple insulting nicknames that have been given in the last 7 months.

7. ifsteve

ifsteve Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Jul 7, 2013
    MS and ID
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no problem with tonight's lineup (given the roster). More speed. Fresher legs. Target forward. And little to zero drop off in defensive ability.

8. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doyle had a good idea about this. Every other one could be Olympic roster rules. They may have to use MLS stadiums but I would be into it.

9. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Whatever - it’s ironic because you’ve gone off on other posters for stating things that simply are not true (which is fine). There aren’t six posters who claim that Bradley would be permanent captain. Not sure there’s More than one, if at all.

10. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say "permanent captain", I said "captain every game". Those same people also believe that Bradley will be dropped once he hits the caps record. Definitely not permanent, but far too long (for pretty much everyone, me included).

What things have I gone off on that are simply true? Morales is definitely the better player? Berhalter is definitely an idiot?

11. kennytt

kennytt Member+

LA teams
    United States
    May 26, 2001
    Westminster, OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wonder if Altidore is 100% fit for the game. He's a much improvement over Zardes. I see Zardes will come on somtime later...

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's going to be a problem if you don't have Flash player in one of your mobile browsers.

I'll talk to my friends ([​IMG]) to see if they have something HTML5 available (I got it on TV here), but that's usually left for the 10 minutes right before the game (if any).

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  13. manfromgallifrey91

Swansea City
    United States
    Jul 24, 2015
    Wyoming, USA
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Odd that Lima who has been decent gets replaced, not sure on why you mess with a whole wing against a team who will test your cohesion. Jozy has to play big in this game. If he is lackadaisically chasing balls and jogging around, we will struggle. Jamaica should look to counter down the middle and flood the left to test Ream and Bradley. LCB will have a big night tonight. Hopefully our passing is crisp and we can put the game away early. The longer it goes tied, the more dangerous Jamaica will become.

Girt repped this.
  14. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Wow! I did not know that. I knew he coached successfully at VA. Kudos fr that. Still I think he had more of an eye for talent than thinking he had some great vision for success. He lived about 4 miles from me when we was kids, btw. I think I'm older.

15. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Also, kudos to the pre game folks, Edu, LD and Cobi fr speaking the truth. Especially about the arm band. C'mon!! Oh, okay, it's my turn to be captain? Coooool.

16. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, Lima must have called him "Egg" during practice or something.

17. ClappinJonny99

Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, DC United
    United States
    Jun 15, 2019
    I’m happy with the most of the changes. Jozi over Gyasi, Cannon over Lima. Not so much with Morris over Boyd. I’m okay with Miazga coming in. Concerned with Bayern Leverkusen guy burning Ream.

18. Dfwsoccer01

Dfwsoccer01 Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Every game this tournament, no matter who the US plays, the other teams simply play a quicker, smarter style than we do. As soon as we get the ball, it’s 1, 2, 3, 4 seconds until we make a decision. I used to think it was pay 2 play, or lack of developing our inner city athletic kids that’s killing our development... I really think it has to do with simply not developing our youth to think fast and boost their soccer cognitive skills, moving into space off the ball, understand geometry, etc. I’m starting to believe we don’t put enough emphasis on small space soccer. Everything is kick and run...

19. imasyko

imasyko Member+

May 16, 2002
    Spring City, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy with changes....period. This is still part of the sorting out process.

20. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States