Post-match: USA vs. Guyana, June 18, 2019 - Gold Cup

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by schrutebuck, Jun 18, 2019.

1. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    This is the thing.

We have people who I guarantee know less than Gregg Berhalter claiming that reasonable roster decisions (based on injuries, position, etc.) are idiotic and incompetent.

2. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    Of course not.

You think unequivocal claims of PR campaigns require some kind of evidence?

Silly!

3. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    More baseless claims.

Great.

So we should get rid of the "stink" from Cuova except guys that you like in which case they can stay.

And they're not considered "old" even though they're the same age as guys that people think are old.

4. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    This is your "proof"?

You're not even humble enough to say it's evidence. No, it's proof.

Laughably pitiful.

5. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    So you finish with classic confirmation bias.

"I think the USSF has done stupid things before so therefore this is a stupid thing and therefore them doing stupid things is not surprising."

6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something suspicious is in the air.

[​IMG]

7. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really not a coincidence that Cmeszt vaxxes and vains.

8. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you finish with classic disinformation program.

OS: I claim the USSF has not done stupid things in the past, so it would be very surprising that it is doing a stupid thing now. Then my bastard opponents bring up the long history of mistakes and stupidities committed in the past by the USSF, and so there is no surprise in us now facing another stupidity from the USSF. So what to do? Boss, what to do? Ah, good, let's just forget the past, the historical record, and let's just pretend it's all about opinion, all just "in the mind". Let's just phrase it as "you think there were stupidities. Silly goose. So you are predisposed to think this is a stupidity. So you do think it is a stupidity. So your mind, cutoff from any grounding in reality, floats along declaring stupid what it wishes to declare stupid".

So OS continues his now grand tradition of painting those who disagree with him from what he sees reflected in the mirror.

We can only imagine, unfortunately, what the USMNT might be like if the USSF paid half the care to it that it does to its campaigns on FOX, ESPN, etc...., all the way down to BS, to control the narrative and mute all question or criticism.

btlove and UncagedGorilla repped this.
  9. UncagedGorilla

Barcelona
    Sep 22, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Exactly. OS didn't argue any of my points so there's no reason to engage further. What you and I and most others have been saying is getting USSF and their lackeys upset that their propaganda campaign is being met with resistance.

10. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    Weirdo conspiracy nuts don't make legitimate points. They just spout conspiracy theories.

Say something substantive for once and I'll refute the hell out it.

11. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    This is vintage conspiracy nut language.

12. UncagedGorilla

Barcelona
    Sep 22, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    No you won't. You don't actually read and respond to posts, just attack people. There are multiple constructive debates I've been involved in that you've had a chance to join but you never do unless you can nitpick or attack.

Here's a chance, a final peace offering if you will. Forget the Jimmy Conrad stuff. Do you think Besler played harder in Couva than Michael Bradley? I certainly think so, most everyone on here would agree. If you agree with us, does it not stand to reason that we'd be okay with a veteran being brought back, one whose game has not really declined much btw, who displayed great effort over one who we saw walking to take corner kicks when it mattered most? Especially compared to Bradley who has noticeably declined. I don't think that's an illogical argument at all. To be clear, I'm fine with Besler not being brought back but when you're looking to bring someone back for "veteran leadership" I'd take him in my locker room over Bradley all day.

13. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    I will.

14. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    This is quite funny.

15. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :coffee:

16. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    This is all your opinion.

Your certainly entitled to it but I don't see how this has anything to do with your conspiracy claims.

17. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    What decision justifies not looking at anyone but Trapp/Bradley at the DM position? Are there not a lot of other options to explore? Why the certainty that only those two can helm the highest usage position?

UncagedGorilla repped this.
  18. UncagedGorilla

Barcelona
    Sep 22, 2009
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    That is my opinion, and I asked for yours to get us away from something we will never agree on. You decided not to share yours and continue with attacks.

I've said plenty on the conspiracy stuff. Since we're actually playing meaningful games for the first time since October because our fearless leaders grand plan led to us missing a world cup for the first time in 30 years, I'll probably focus on the game. Plenty more time for conspiracies talk once the Gold Cup is over, I promise. I'll get my tin-foil hat and Alex Jones subscription up to date!

19. OfficeSpace

OfficeSpace Red Card

United States
    Jun 8, 2019
    Your post had nothing to do with your conspiracy claim. Therefore, I don't see the relevance.