Post-match: USA vs England 11/15/2018

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Susaeta, Nov 15, 2018.

1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is money... if Nantes sends him back Chelsea have to pay him and it could also mean they lose out on the remainder of the loan fee. Then Chelsea need to find a new dance partner to take him. They want to make money off their loans and this situation makes it harder.

2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    But if he were evaluated as at least half-decent, they'd have no problem getting him back and finding a new loan for him. Happens all the time.

3. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe but who knows what the terms of the agreement were and how much their losing because of it. They won’t have a hard time loaning him again but it could be for less which isn’t what they’d like. Also it could be they just don’t want to deal with this right now. There’s a looming 2 year transfer ban and their gearing up to spend 200 in the next window. Including 70 on Pulisic. They could simply just not want the headache of this. Either way this doesn’t help Miazga which is unfortunate for him.

4. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How not to play an organized 4-4-1-1

1063169154109313025 is not a valid tweet id

5. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Canouse has started all 17 DC games since late July.

6. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Boy that looked easy. Multiple easy and simple passes in the middle of the field and another useless soft double team. Id think a strong dmid who was the supposed leader of the team would have reacted quicker to the deflected ball and instructed the left back to track his runner.

Many players could have probably been positioned bettter but Mckennie, Miazga, and Brooks got a foot on the ball while Trapp and Villafana were poorly positioned, slow to react. provided little defensive pressure, and lost their runner.

Master O repped this.
  7. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    McKennie was my MOTM for what he did to trigger attacks even during the worst moments of the first half, but in that sequence he pulls a Bradley: standing in the middle of the field marking no-one. Quite bad.

Excellency repped this.
  8. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Odd take. He is maintaining positional balance. If he were marking anyone, it would have been Lingard who dropped deeper than the ball. If he followed him, he may have been able to help cut off the pass to Alli, but more likely would have been sucked out of position. Instead he stayed centrally supporting Trapp and was able to recover and dispossess Alli. Of course no idea what the instruction was from Sarachan.

If we have to pick one player to blame, i think it has to be Trapp. You would think a field general would react quicker to pick up Sancho and communicate to Villafana that there was a wide runner instead of another soft double team. All this after he was on the guy who played the intitial easy entry pass. Wait... all of that sounds Bradleyesque!!!

9. 50/50 Ball

50/50 Ball Member+

Sep 6, 2006
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The downward spiral began when the Fed allowed Klinsman to make that call. He isn't a good coach. Allowing him total power was destructive.

TOAzer repped this.
  10. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    England-Croatia played a great game today, as per neutral commentators. Losing to England, even the benchers, in Wembley, is not as bad as it sounds these days. I could only watch the second half and both teams were superb.

England won sending Croatia to the league B, and Sancho was crucial to their win, coming in at 73' when they were down 0-1 and becoming a nightmare on Croatia's left. The Balkans sorely missed Rakitić though.

Poolasick repped this.
  11. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Not as bad as the initial post but insinuating Boston or Dallas share his views is pretty bad also. Speaking for Dallas we've had at least one Jewish mayor and somehow Stanley Marcus sneaked around enough to start Neiman-Marcus as just one example of hard it is here.

TOAzer repped this.
  12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Trapp is a much better passer. Trapp is much younger than Beckerman was in the 2014 cycle. Rasta was 32 for the finals in Brazil 14.

Comparing somebody to Beckerman is a high bar to set. He was preferred by Klinsmann over Bradley who makes $5m

Trapp is 25. He will be prime age 29 for Qatar.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  13. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    #413 DHC1, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    It's a Philly thing to believe deep in one's soul that everything in Dallas and Boston is terrible and telling a Philly fan that he belongs in those two cities is as big an insult as one can level, which was my point that he embarrassed the great city of Philadelphia.

To the point though, here's Trevor Noah.....http://www.cc.com/video-clips/xjpyqi/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-how-racist-is-boston-

Begrudging congrats on being my Eagles in Philly. I'm still in shock.

14. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yet why cant the media or critics here just say it.

Unfortunately doesn't meet the agendas around here for the fantasy 2 of Adams and McKennie "double pivot", or the Big 4 superiority agenda or the advertiziing demographic agenda....

It's not like anybody with a team worth anything has a teenager playing the 6. But the United States is supposed to? At some stage you have to realize there is an unnatural hatred for Trapp which doesn't compute. It doesn't bother me much anymore since I enjoy feeling the haters squirm as the lineups come out.

15. TMBMiles

TMBMiles Member

Dortmund
    United States
    Mar 31, 2017
    De La Torre sent home as well with no reason given. Yet another guy brought in with no intention that he'd ever play. So: No McKennie, no DLT, likely no Adams with the playoffs next weekend, Nagbe already sent home with no one brought in to replace him.

Looking forward to Acosta, Trapp, and Green finally getting a chance to impress in the midfield. Thank God we didn't bring in Canouse or Morales.

Patrick167 repped this.
  16. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Did you watch Italy v Portugal 0-0?

I wonder if they will play us like that or there will be massive changes.

Italy played very hectic game and Portugal was very careful about keeping numbers behind the ball.

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Also, anyone defending Sarachan at this point must be watching other games.

The guy is dire, he has our guys playing as if they had met for the first time 10 minutes before starting the game.

No one knows where everybody else is supposed to be at the start, and only as the game advances they seem to gain some awareness.

That's a symptom of lousy coaching.

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Portugal didn't need anything from that game, even had they lost, they have their last game at home against Poland and that was enough to top the group.

For Italy it was a must-win, at home, against a traditional rival, and needing all three points to still have a shot in case Portugal failed in the last game. Yet they only managed three shots on goal.

Italy, right now, is a big step down from England. If they outplay us it'd be even more worrisome, since not only are they much weaker, but they play a style that has never worked well against us. But with Sarachan at the helm, I already expect another defeat.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Not just MLS/SUM/USSF, but also the media and the fans are poison to our program.

You don't see any rational analysis, it's all creating smoke screens to protect the favorites. In the end all they do is inflate young guys who either fail miserably and are quickly forgotten, or get so full of themselves they never flourish into what they could have been.

It's easy to blame everybody else, but the fan base in the USA with their completely clueless praising at all costs is just as much to blame.

matabala repped this.
  20. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Who's defending DS? Yikes.

We've had a whole year and I believe that DS wanted to build around MM/JB/WT as the central defensive grouping but it always looks like those three have barely practiced together. It's quite worrisome.

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    For one, the guy who writes the super-long posts, Ed Crocker(?). And I've seen a couple more, can't remember the names.

DHC1 repped this.
  22. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for clarifying but some we're touchy here after being blamed for the Kennedy assassination even though it was a guy who'd spent time in USSR and Cuba who did it.

23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even with them being a big step down from England their still a big step up from us. And yes Dave doesn’t inspire confidence

24. #8or#6

#8or#6 Red Card

Arsenal
    United States
    Aug 15, 2017
    It's Obam...I mean Klinsmann's fault. Every last bit of it. We would have, should have trounced England, and had a brilliant manager by now if it weren't for the black hole he left in his wake.

25. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    Well, there's always a few in the crowd. You know what i mean!