Pre-match: USA vs Bosnia-Herzegovina; January 28th, 2018

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Sebsasour, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with all of that. I would’ve been fine if Ramirez had come on as a sub. If he’s not hurt, not having him in the 18 is beyond stupid. Same with Glad.

2. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got Monster Trucks on FS1...

3. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    beyond stupid for the win!!!
    • With both teams dressing 20 players, the healthy scratches from the game-day roster are goalkeepers Alex Bono and Cody Cropper; defenders Danny Acosta, Justen Glad and Brandon Vincent; midfielders Marlon Hairston, Ian Harkes and Brooks Lennon; forward Christian Ramirez.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  4. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad I would have started. He complements Zimmerman more. This is a Bruce Arena-esque (he's got a say still, let's be frank) two big lug cb pairing ala he implemented with Brooks-Gonzalez and Gonzalez-Hedges in the Gold Cup. The latter really killed the shape because the cm only had 2 men in it who had to drop deep. Hopefully it's not as much of an issue tonight because the press wins the ball higher up or the lugs can pass better at the back.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  5. chris thebassplayer

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Polster gets the nod at RB. I'm okay with that, hopefully Lima gets on.

No Glad? I can only assume he picked up a knock. Doesn't make any sense at all otherwise.

6. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Did RSL ask all their players not to play?

All the Rowe fans must be perplexed he couldn't break into the starting lineup of this group. Keep hearing how he was so great during the GC group stage, but he has never played since. Maybe he gets some sub minutes tonight.

This B&H team is almost as bad as the T&T squad. Everyone should look good.

The team we started in Portugal wipes the floor with this lineup.

Average age is 26ish, which means the average age will be over 30 in 2022. Does Sarachan feel he needs to win to get the job? Keeping these Arena boys around was a terrible decision that lost Gonzalez and is foisting this ridiculous spectacle on us. Glad doesn't even dress...unbelievable. Zardes!

Lookingforleftbacks and TOAzer repped this.
  7. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    National anthems!

Lead in has announcer saying that Sarachan has never seen a January camp with this enthusiasm. US Soccer staying the course with optimism and talk of youth but not realizing that isn’t something to be proud of...

8. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're pushing an agenda here again. He played how he played in the Gold Cup. We all saw it, then he got sent home for whatever reason. That's on Bruce, and now his right hand man not starting here. Ironic you're using them as an authority. Didn't know you were a fan.