USA v T&T: June 8, DSG Park - Denver area, CO

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by wixson7, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an old washed up Coloradan hag that needs beer money if you want to PayPal realcorona@beermoney.com

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  3. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be flying to Denver with a group of 3 or 4 for this one, and would obviously prefer to be in the Supporters Section.

Any chance someone here picked up extras in the Supporters Section and would be willing to sell??

4. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's another presale tomorrow I think

5. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tickets sold out in about 1 minute this morning once it opened up to the public. Had to go through Stubhub and pay a premium, but whatever.

See you all in Denver!

BirdsonFire and wixson7 repped this.
  6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Awesome to hear/read.
    Last time I think it took a few hours to sellout the snow bowl against Costa Rica. Keeping up a good trend for National team Support in the The Centennial State.

wixson7 repped this.
  7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It only took a couple days but there were also no presales

HomietheClown repped this.
  8. Big Chil in Denver

Sep 10, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #33 Big Chil in Denver, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    There were literally no tickets available within 1 second of the sales page going live, yet the resellers had hundreds of tickets available, and still do. This smacks of collusion between US Soccer or DSGP and the resellers, like stubhub or tickets-center.

I get that tickets are set aside, but how do the resellers have hundreds of tickets available at massive markup + "service fees" and none were available the second the sales webpage went live?

I sent in a complaint to US Soccer and to the Denver Post. Transactions were limited to 6 tickets, so there's no way bots from multiple resellers could have bought them all up in nanoseconds. I literally was sitting at my computer hitting refresh every second for minutes prior to the sale at 10am until the sales page came live. And again, I stress, at <1 second, there were NO tickets available, but resellers had hundreds and still do. I paid $469 ($200/ticket + $69 "service fee" -- yeah, I got "serviced") for two tickets, and my receipt came back at 10:11am so I have proof. There were hundreds, if not thousands of tickets available to the public at face value that somehow went to resellers ahead of time.

This didn't happen 4 years ago at the Snow Classico. I paid face value. This time is just price gouging and free money for nothing, screwing over the fans for an event that would have sold out in an hour at face-value prices. That's why I think there's collusion between one party and the resellers.

If you have a similar experience or analysis, please let US Soccer and your local media and the Denver Post know. This is bullshit.

RoleModel83, wixson7 and HomietheClown repped this.
  9. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm 99% sure I bought a ticket for that match in a USSSC presale. I remember poking around to get a ticket on the south endline rather than the temporary north stands that the ticketing program picked for me. Posted about it on Big Soccer.

Real Corona repped this.
  10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last time in Denver I ended up waiting to buy tickets. It sold out and the only tickets available were $600 on Stubhub. I should have just waited but in a panic instead of buying those over priced tickets I bought the US soccer travel package for basically the same price. It actually worked out well having my own bus to warm up on haha

11. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely wrong to say no presales but for this game in a month I literally got about 6 different codes

12. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone on here been to Denver before? I booked a hotel downtown near the Convention Center, but hoping to find a cheaper parking option than the $39 per night the hotel charges. Is metered street parking or other garages a viable option?

13. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    street parking available but not overnight (3 hour meter, type of thing). Find a nearby parking garage for half the price of the hotel charge. won't be a problem, if you don't mind walking a block or two.

RoleModel83 repped this.
  14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a bunch of lots and garages down there for like $12 I think. Left my car there on New Years and I think that's what I paid.

Download the "Best parking" app. It's handy

RoleModel83 repped this.
  15. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone know if the NewEra Cap truck will be in Denver for the game to get a couple patches on my hat? I passed by it in Columbus at the US/Mex game but thought it'd be too expensive, later at the airport a guy told me the patches were free -____-.

Is this truck always present at US games? I've never seen it before Columbus but then again I'm always trying to get to my seat early to get a good view.

16. gveli001

gveli001 Member

LA Galaxy
    Jul 9, 2009
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a newera table inside the stadium for the Honduras game in San Jose. Saw them putting a patch on a kids hat, had I known it was free I would of stopped.

17. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aha! Thanks for the info, I'll be on the lookout for a stand or truck in Denver!

18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Eddie Stiel repped this.
  19. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Public transit serves the stadium. It is pretty infrequent and requires a transfer to get anywhere other than the old Stapleton Airport area. There are hotels there.

I think our trip is set. It involves public transit day passes that include the airport for $9 each and the Hotel Airport Terminal Floor in anticipation of early Friday AM departures, me back home and my wife straight to DF, where I'll meet her on Sunday AM.

wixson7 repped this.
  20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always respect your dedication to public transit. I didn't even know they'd added a bus line out there

wixson7 repped this.
  21. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
  22. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    My additional research uncovered a service change and reduction to DSG Park. The 62 bus line that serves the stadium doesn't have night service. There used to be a late night bus that stopped near the stadium (Quebec and E. 56th). I've used it before, most recently after the Snow Clasico.

Looks like we have an hour or so walk back to Central Park Station after the match, or, gasp, a rental car. I've done that walk before, the last time I was in Denver in October, 2015 for the 2016 Olympic Qualifying tournament. It's not bad, and I was walking further to and from my hotel, the luxurious Super 8 on Quebec. I'm sure my wife will be up for the walk.

23. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Eddie..my man.. why must you do this. where is your hotel? if downtown just pay $10 bucks to jump on the roundtrip bus.. I promise you want have to utter the letters AO.

We haven't figured out our transport yet from Boulder, thinking of renting a big bus as there are about 20 of us. Would be more than happy to drive you (more or less) where you need to go. But damn dude...alot of work to save a few bucks. We will gofundme for your Uber...or something. :)

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm pretty sure my friend will be driving to the stadium and me home as he's getting off work at 5 in Aurora. If that's the case well give you a ride

Eddie Stiel repped this.
  25. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Thanks, guys. RC, we might take that ride, if the logistics work. There might be a post-game on field thing, which we always do if we get the chance, so unless your party is doing it as well, we probably can't take advantage of yours and Wixson's kind offers.

Money isn't the issue. The AO bus is a good deal, but we won't be anywhere near downtown.

I posted the corrected public transit info in the unlikely chance that my earlier post might send someone astray.

Believe me, we're cool with the walk. We walk further than that all the time. We could rent a car for the day. No problem there. We are ineligible for Uber as we are a proud, cell phone free household.

Figuring out how to do these decadent trips as cheaply and reasonably as possible is a big part of the fun for me.

TRUEAGGIE and Real Corona repped this.