USA v Honduras: March 24, Avaya Stadium, San Jose CA

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Real Corona, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the account manager? Through US Soccer, or through ticketmaster?

2. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Never mind. I'm in Section 118.

3. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the AO Sections are General Admission, meaning we should be able to stand wherever we want?

4. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    GA within the section you are assigned.

I believe so.

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  5. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Cross-posting from Quakes board.

I had a peek at the public lottery application on Monday. The two lowest priced areas were unavailable. I wonder if the public lottery sold out the game. I guess the next step would be a general Ticketmaster sale for any unsold, exorbitantly priced tickets.

The Account Manager appears updated with a message specific to this game and the ability to transfer tickets. No QR or bar codes yet.

6. Navid H

Navid H Member

May 15, 2005
    New York
    Hey guys,

I have two extra tickets to the match. Section 111, Row 20. I would love to be able to sell them to some fellow U.S fans.

Please reach out to me if you are still looking for tickets. The seats are obviously next to each other.

Thanks!

7. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's meet up at the AO tailgate everyone. Big soccer meetup.

wixson7 repped this.
  8. Alex Yang

Alex Yang Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If at all possible, two friends and I are flying down from Alaska to SF to hopefully watch the game. If anyone has extra tickets that would be great, or suggestions for a good place to catch the game if we can't would be great as well. Thanks!

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where in Alaska?

10. Alex Yang

Alex Yang Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Anchorage

Real Corona repped this.
  11. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In SF, watch the game at McTeagues on Polk.

12. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    i have one extra ticket in section 115 row 4 that i am happy to pass on at face value of $86 if someone needs it

13. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    #188 Eddie Stiel, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Apparently, the lotteries did not sell out the game. US Soccer has made no announcement. More importantly, tickets go on sale on Ticketmaster at 12 PM PT today: http://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00524A636917EE or http://www.ticketmaster.com/us-nati...rtistid=821723&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=11

Just now, I received the promised follow up email from US Soccer. The FAQ's explain how to get paper tickets on game day:

"Do not have smart phone, what should I do?
    o As early as possible on match day, go to the ticket office, near Main Gate, and a ticket will be printed for you. The box office will open at 10:00 am on match day, March 24."

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The collector side of me will necessitate a convenient phone breakage around 10am that day

15. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    it is kind of ironic that US Soccer asks for physical tickets to prove your # of caps but doesnt provide them for these matches

wixson7, Real Corona and Eddie Stiel repped this.
  16. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Ticketmaster site now shows available tickets on a map. It looks like there are available tickets at every price range, especially at the $200 and up range. I'd say that US Soccer greatly overpriced this match.

So far, it seems that the Ticketmaster general sale prices are higher than the lottery prices. For example, the $86 lottery tickets are now $105 and close to sold out.

A reminder to USSF members. We have a price guarantee. If US Soccer offers tickets at a price lower than you paid for the same seating tier, you are entitled to a refund of the difference. There won't be discounted tickets for the lowest priced tickets, but for the very expensive midfield ones, there may well be in order to move the inventory.

wixson7 repped this.
  17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully this spells the death is stupidly priced lottery games. Hopefully

Alex Yang and Eddie Stiel repped this.
  18. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    They had me at Free Tacos. I'll be there and do think a BS meetup would be appropriate. I'll have my normal big bowling ball helmet on, not sure how else to coordinate. @Eddie Stiel I know you can't pass up free food.

Pre-Game Tailgate Details
    Silver Lot Extension

Food:
    Providing amazing TACOS for all. With various meats available and home-made sales from local restaurants.

Food provided by American Outlaws, available FREE at our tailgate.

Plan, Prepared and Cooked by AO Modesto. If you went to the Copa America game in Santa Clara, you know how well they do it.

Beverages:
    Please BRING YOUR OWN.

American Outlaws will provided Water

[​IMG]

don gagliardi and Eddie Stiel repped this.
  19. Joe Waco

Joe Waco Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I would be down with a BS meetup even though I don't post much here (used to post on the coaching board when I was coaching). I'll be traveling solo and just going with the flow so I'm good w/ any date or time.

20. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think whoevers down can meet up at the tail gate, or the night before party.

21. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Actually, we will probably follow our normal pre-game ritual which includes a bahn mi at a vegetarian Vietnamese spot in San Jose on E. Santa Clara near SJSU.

For a Friday night match, all bets are off because of the traffic disaster this area has become. Your flight from Denver is about 2.5 hours; our drive from SF could be 2 hours or more. In the old days, anything over an hour at any time of the day was unusual.

We are in Section 116, Row 6.

Real Corona and wixson7 repped this.
  22. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I need a cool hat to wear to all the games like you. I'm thinking

[​IMG]

I also don't want to carry that anywhere ever.

wixson7 repped this.
  23. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Another nice option for those looking to park for free and chow down is BJ's in San Jose Market Center, which is an easy 20 minute walk from the stadium. There's some Taco shops and other fast food out that way too.

Much good beer to be had at BJ's.

24. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US Soccer ticket FAQ says the following:

Attending with Friends or Family?

If attending the game with other individuals, tickets for the entire party can be saved on a single device. Each member of the ticket holder's party, however, must be present at the time each ticket is scanned in order to enter the stadium. Additionally, each member of the party must also be present when tickets are displayed to the usher in charge to gain access to the seats assigned throughout the event. To avoid any issues should members of the party get separated leading up to or during the event, U.S. Soccer recommends that each ticket be transferred where practicable to the individual using the ticket.

This suggests I have to enter and exit my section with my entire group. How do they expect to enforce this? As I recall, Avaya does not even use ushers to ensure spectators are in the correct section--anyone can stroll anywhere they like.

25. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Avaya does have (very friendly) ushers. But I expect there to more of them for a US game and for them to be more officious and to be deputized by ICE. Because terrorists, illegal aliens, and unauthorized kneeling.