Post-match: USA v France

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by FirstStar, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #526 Excellency, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    That's a nasty thing to say. Robinson steps to a man who is already covered from three sides while the man closest to Robinson, in Robinson's area, is left wide open to pick out a perfect cross with time to stop and think about it. Not to mention the formation is 5 man back line and Corona doesn't lose his man from what I can tell. Where are you getting this from?

Anybody with half a brain can see Robinson(starts at 2:00 of vid) misplayed this so I'm not going to argue

2. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Watched it again, you are wrong. Imo. Corona leaves the man wide open in the half space. The French player with the ball steps around Corona and passes it to the player Corona left open. Robinson and Parker both step to the ball. Maybe a mistake by Robinson, but he is doing something to make up for Corona's error. Maybe Parker didn't communicate.

He doesn't refuse to do something. Which is what you said. He had to choose between two bad choices and he did. You said, he refused to step to the RB. Then you post a video, insult me, and it clearly shows AR stepping to the ball.

If you want to move the goal posts and now argue he chose wrong, I'm not interested in continuing. Me and my half brain are satisfied AR didn't refuse to do anything and stood like a statue watching the Frenxh RB with disinterest. Which was your original statement.

rlrcpa, juveeer and TheHoustonHoyaFan repped this.
  3. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    so now you've moved from "libel" to "imo" - and you say I have moved the goalposts?

Not sure why you say he had a choice when he never looks to his right to see that the guy he stepped to - leaving his own man wide open - was already covered by 3 players. He thinks he will stop the pass to the fb and fails. That meant the fullback for France was in the catbird seat. Not only did he fail to bother the pass but he just jogged afterwards not even bothering to look for a line he could block. To me it just looks like he is totally out of gas and unable to play anymore.

4. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I have nothing to add here about play, but an observation that USA/France may have been a game between Nike's best kits this cycle and their worst.

5. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    b.t.w. - just happen to be re-watching this game France v USA and Robinson comes out at 81' mark for V/fana. That's an obvious dis from Sarachan. He clearly knows that Robinson is plain out of gas and could cost him yet another goal so he pulls him. No other explanation is possible.

Do you agree or do you give up and submit to my interpretation?

6. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about the fact it's a friendly and they have 6 subs to kill?

jjmack, onefineesq and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  7. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm sure that's what I'm thinking with my contract expriring in a couple of weeks, in an arena in Lyons, playing France whom we have never beat, who are going to the World Cup as favorites, with my job on the line at USSF, and no other job offers coming, having been turned down for the job of coach at St Louis University, with no extention in hand from the USSF, a 1-1 game with 10 minutes left and my left back just left the France rb wide open for an assist - "hey, I've got 6 subs. I gotta use 'em…………" riggghhhhhhttttttt:rolleyes:

8. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    what is going on in here?

1. in what world is Sarachan qualified to be an international coach? His two head coaching gigs ended over 10 and 20 years ago. neither team were anything close to international soccer. His biggest career accomplishment is going to college with Arena,
    2. SLU doesnt think he is the guy to guide 18-22 yos through a grueling two month season but he is ready to take the US to a higher level internationally?
    3. There is now way that is what he is thinking. I would have guessed he had had no idea how many subs he had. I wouldnt be surprised if he thought was 5 and that after mistakenly using 6 vs Portugal, he righted the ship with only 4 vs Paraguay.
    4. Sarachan thinking he has a shot at the job is idoiotic and if anyone in US soccer thinks he is an option is the same.

Patrick167 repped this.
  9. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You could say the 22 cycle hasn't even started yet since the 18 final is still under way. Sarachan took over to offer some continuity after the disaster in Trinidad and to give everybody time to get squared away (Presidential election, for one). He introduced a bunch of youngsters and has done ok with them. Like I've said many times, so far so good but Sarachan has to show he can get the ball thru midfield against top teams like Brazil, France, Belgium. He will play Brazil and Mexico in September. He's had adequate prep time including games against Paraguay, Ireland and France.

When Sarachan lines up Wes, Tyler, Trapp in mid with Wood + 1 up top and goes nowhere against Brazil's B squad, we should be talking about a replacement by Nov friendlies since it is very clear he cant get us to next level. Heck, he even made Pulisic look bad against Bolivia in midfield.

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    So....does today's result mean our kiddies are as good as the WC Finalists?

If so, Bruce really screweled up more than we thought.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  11. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

DHC1 repped this.
  12. STR1

STR1 Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes, it means if France becomes champions we will be Co-champions. Get the history books ready to put in our first Co-championship FIFA world cup.

Winoman and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  13. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  14. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    Welp...Wil Trapp > Pogba

*checks earpiece

Sorry, Wil Trapp > Boba. He’s better than Boba tea.