USA Roster for 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by krazymunky, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan and Dempsey play inside not outside. The fullbacks have to do wing duty. Let's see how effective Dolo and Boca are tonight.

2. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna say Dolo will be good to great and Boca will be bad to mediocre

3. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think it was a joke, as this is the roster thread and the last 25 posts were all about Edu, Bradley, and Jones. ;)

(at least I hope it was, otherwise this post will look stupid)

4. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    After all this talk, Bradley will pull a fast one and start Kljestan and Spector at CM against Canada.

5. TinManJoshua

TinManJoshua Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this is a joke, but I doubt Sacha starts. He was one of few players who went 90 on Saturday. I took that as a sign he's not seeing any minutes vs. Canada.

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked what I saw from Sacha. I think he's really grown as a player in Belgium. Most notably, after the two big gaffes he had in the first half, Sacha recovered. "Old Sacha" would've let those mistakes get to him and he would've finished the day poor. I thought he improved even as the half went along, and played reasonably well in the second half.

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    technically they are outside mids but seldom end up there. You are correct in the sense they both will cut in and do their work in the inside.

7. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Not sure if anyone posted this but U.S. Soccer twitter says that Donovan is healthy and ready for selection for tonight. I assumed as much but just wanted to confirm in case anyone was worried he was still sick.

8. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Thread closed for length. Plus we have plenty of roster discussion going on already in other threads now that the tourney has started.