USA-Poland Chgo July 11, 2004

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Fonsos, Apr 8, 2004.

1. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't say it didn't work, I just said you couldn't read what was spelled out in the endzones. After seeing a few photos, I also realize that I couldn't really judge how that looked as I was on about the 4th or 5th row from the field. Probably not a great vantage point on the mosaic.

I totally agree with Liam though, some of the other stuff looked great. The streamers were great, they looked really good on both ends and the table rolls (especially on the polish end) came off looking really nice. Also, there was a bunch of balloons on one endzone that looked really cool when all the fans were waving them.

Also, let me give massive credit to Liam, Marcin, jjayg and all of the other people that put in the effort to organize and execute the tifo. It was a HUGE undertaking and I can verify that because I was lucky enough to help them set up for the mosaic and other stuff with a large group of US & Polish supporters. Even with the mosaic, it wasn't the organizers fault it didn't come off as well, there was a lot of late entry into the stands, etc.

It was a big job and the only way to get better at it is to practice. I've been to a dozen US games in half a dozen stadiums and Chicago is the only town I've seen even attempt anything of this scale. Heck, most cities don't do anything like this so their willingness to venture into unchartered waters was impressive and should definately be commended. I salute them for their efforts.

2. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Many thnaks to Joela nd the crew for their help. The timing and traffic worked against us but it was a great time and will only help us improve next time.

3. kal-el

kal-el New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having only attended one US match previously, I wasn't really on top of this, but would love to get one of the US supporters' scarves as a souvenir. Doesn't look like they're still for sale at the Section 8 Store. Any chance there's still one (or two) out there I could purchase from someone?

4. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still hoarse and groggy at work back home in Cali. Thanks everyone (Fonsos et al.)! I had a great time!

Special thanks to NotAbbott for hooking me up with another ticket.

Guy
    (Youuuuu,es,ehhhhhhh, USA)
    :)

5. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Many thanks to everyone who bought scarves and gve donations, we appear to have been able to cover our costs!

Thank you!

6. FKASCSN

FKASCSN Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big kudos to everyone in Chicago who was responsible for these efforts. Looked great on tv regardless of whether or not it "worked" to full effect. Nice job!