USA-Mexico -- When will tickets go on sale??

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by PhillyQuakesFan, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerazzuri

Nerazzuri New Member

Jan 23, 2006
    St Louis
    Uh, no.

They took out some seats, and added a stage, but nowhere near 1/4. Before the stage, capacity was listed at 23,425. Currently, it is 22,555. SO, they downsized by just over 3.5%. However, they have already shown the capabilities to temporarily increase capacity, which they did for the Oct. 4 game against LA.

2. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This doesn't really answer the question, but this might give an idea as to when venues might be announced, and when tickets might go on sale. The Mexico game may vary as we open at home, whearas in qualifying for '06 we weren't home until matchday 3.

Guatemala: Venue announced 12/20/04, tix on sale 1/21/05, game date 3/30/05
    Costa Rica: Venue announced 3/1/05, tix on sale 4/18/05, game date 6/4/05
    Trinidad: Venue announced 4/6/05, tix on sale 5/11/05, game date 8/17/05
    Mexico: Venue announced 3/9/05, tix on sale (and sold out) 8/2/05, game date 9/3/05
    Panama: Venue announced 8/30/05, tix on sale 9/7/05, game date 10/12/05

As best I can tell from the press releases, the ticket on sale dates where the dates tickets were made available to the general public. The pre-sales were probably eariler.

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at Gordon Biersch as well.

O's Pub would LOVE to have us back, I can practically guarantee it. I don't speak officially for the Columbus group planning things, but honestly, based on how well things went there last time, i'd be surprised if it was anywhere else.

I managed to get into O's later, but by that time it must have been closer to midnight.

Stay tuned. Something fun will be announced. I don't have a timetable, but I hear that things are being worked on.

Speaking of the replay that night, I think it was supposed to be on closer to 2:30, but something caused ESPN2 to run on a delayed schedule, so they didn't get the game on till later. Lucky for me, as it allowed me to set up the VCR.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone took a picture of him about to mix the ICB together. I printed it out, gave him a copy, and he autographed a copy for me. He said it was the only ICB he'd ever do.

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They took out between 1200 and 1500 seats. Capacity was somewhere around 22,500 before renovations, but now it's closer to 20,000.

The approximate 20,000 is before any temporary bleachers are added.

And in fact, this 20,000 may work to our advantage. US Soccer's presales combined with Crew fan presales could mean very few tickets left over for other presales (Visa?) and the general public sale.

6. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what I have been thinking about as well. Having it in a smaller venue ( Crew Stadium compared to somewhere twice the size ) will make tickets harder to get for mexican fans, so we will be able to end up with a Crew Stadium packed with diehard US fans ( like it was in 2001 and 2005 ).

As US soccer fans, this match let's us show what we can do, much like the Italy game back in 06.

Chase

7. KingsCountyFC

KingsCountyFC Member

Nov 6, 2007
    BK - NY / Louisiana
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what about playing in Hartford? 40,000... i could see a decent turnout for Mexico, but not enough to overshadow the US fans if it were in Hartford.

8. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be PACKED with Mexico fans if we played in Hartford. Hartford is under 2 hours from Boston, 4 hours from Philadelphia and most importantly, 2.5 hours from New York. The place would have at least 30,000 Mexico fans. Also, keep in mind there is no season ticket base there to sell tickets to prior to the general sale. Controlling tickets there would be tough.

9. ussoccer_fan

ussoccer_fan New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to say this but anywhere U.S play there still going to be more Mexican fans than U.S fan!!

10. ryebreadraz

ryebreadraz Member

Apr 18, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were more US fans than Mexican fans in Columbus the past two qualification cycles.

11. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can only assume that you were not in Columbus in 2001 and 2005. I was.

12. ussoccer_fan

ussoccer_fan New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Naw never been, but i am going if they play in Columbus!! In 2001 i graduate high school and 2005 i forgot what i was doing.:cool:

13. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone put a foolie on you.

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    They did indeed. They were fantastic to work with...

Hopefully they'll be interested in hosting/cohosting things again.

16. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Crew for whatever reason happen to get a presale before or instead of USSoccer.com subscribers, would someone be willing to help me out with the password?

Edit: If the game is in Columbus.

18. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    the USSF almost always offers the presale to US Soccer fans at the same time as the local supporters club.

19. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here, I thought I registered once but I don't recall getting emails from them. I cycled through all the passwords I use and...nothing. :mad:

20. keano16united

keano16united New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunil Gulati wants a venue for the Mexico match where the temperatures will be low. They listed a few cities that could be picked for the 5 home games and I can't remember if Columbus was one of them, but I know Cincinatti and Boston were a couple mentioned.

21. FUAEG

FUAEG Member+

Oct 18, 2005
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW - This Wikipedia site for the Mex National Team says it will be Atlanta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_national_football_team

22. opal347

opal347 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 18, 2005
    Clinton Twp, MI
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
  24. keano16united

keano16united New Member

Mar 23, 2008
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This coming from an interview that goal.com picked up.

<Bradley has requested that the five home games do not take place on an artificial surface nor on fields that only have natural grass laid in for a few days. Gulati mentioned some possible venues including Columbus, Salt Lake, Nashville, Chicago, Cleveland (where they had "great turnout"), D.C., and a couple of options in the Bay Area. "We might consider a game in Houston," Gulati said, adding "it's unlikely that we'll be playing in Florida." The first of the decisions will be made sometime after Thanksgiving.>

Columbus might very well be the more likely destination. And when was the last time the U.S. played in Cleveland? And if it was recent, how in the hell did they get a great turnout?

25. doogiemo

doogiemo Member

Aug 11, 2005
    ohh USA, USA USA USA
    true! now it's listing C-bus! :rolleyes: