USA-Mexico thread in CONCACAF Forum

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by ussoccer97531, Sep 7, 2015.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This thread really isn't moderated. There are three moderators listed under the moderator list, and one of them has told me that he refuses to moderate that thread when I contacted him about a problem. The other two have ignored requests to properly moderate that thread recently. I don't know whether thats down to them not having time or just ignoring requests.

There are personal attacks in this thread all the time that usually take the moderators much longer to get to then they should. There actually hadn't been many problems in this thread until recently, but It's Called Football has started acting out again. He's been asked nicely to stop his antics, and he has not. I have asked the moderator to step in once I asked this poster to stop, and there was no response from the moderator. I'm not even going to complain about nothing being done about this issue, but this seems to be a constant theme that moderators are very slow to react to problems in this thread and sometimes they don't even react at all.

I think this was necessary to finally bring to the attention of those in charge.

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @dark knight
    @IASocFan

I don't go into that topic. To provide background, a USA-Mexico rivalry topic got many posts in the CONCACAF forum and then was deleted due to people not getting along. Then a new topic was start which has 4,513 posts and was created 69 days ago.

To anybody who posts in that topic, here's a saying I made up:

Sometimes you have to be happy knowing you're right and ignore the disappointment in not being able to convince other people that you're right.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @ussoccer97531 Looking at the last few pages on the thread, I don't really see anything apart from one end-of-post comment by ICF that is out into touch.

What I will say is that, by reading the last few pages of that thread, you have demonstrated two things:
    1 - Your nearly blind nationalism towards the US National teams/MLS
    2 - Your devotion to Gerrard

As to the first point, as I have seen over the years, the "blind" part is troubling and when anybody questions that position, particularly from an opposing position, that question is ALWAYS wrong, no matter how correct it might actually be. Additionally, that "blindness" that one has makes it easier for other posters to wind up.

As to the second point, I don't think you have gone though the reflective aspect of why Gerrard is playing in the MLS and not with Liverpool. MLS is not terrible, compared to the world as a whole, but it certainly is not comparable to the EPL. Gerrard is rightly a legend, but he is past his best days and into the decline phase of his career. But because he is a legend, that means his technical skill was high, and will always be high, and fresh off playing in the EPL, he will be better than most/all in the MLS. But that does not make him or MLS equal to the EPL. If he was still good enough to play in the EPL (with Liverpool), he would still be there.

With that said, and like EvanJ said, sometimes the ignore feature is your friend.

IASocFan and JRB92 repped this.
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    @soccernutter, no offense intended, but your perception of the problem (from reading two pages) is way off and thats not what I am questioning. A PM was sent to clarify the problem.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 - I said "few pages," not two.
    2 - responded to you Convo. But I don't understand why it was not posted here. Nothing in that Convo was different then what you posted here. It was just longer.

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to say that my quote was not meant to suggest the ignore feature. I don't ignore anybody, but I can see how the ignore feature can avoid arguments and infractions.

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, didn't mean to put words in your mouth.