USA @ Mexico: June 11

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by gveli001, Mar 14, 2017.

1. DomBiggy

DomBiggy New Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    May 24, 2017
    Just got my tickets from Ticketmaster MX! Super pumped to go. Is anybody going to be getting there on Thursday? I want to catch the T&T game somewhere. I reached out to AO CDMX since they recently started a chapter and it looks like they watch their games at Pinche Gringo BBQ but I haven't received a confirmation about it and would like a backup plan in case that falls through.

Edit: Nevermind, just looked at their Facebook (previously had been looking at their Twitter) and it looks like they will be having a watch party and night before party there.

Starman* repped this.
  2. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me and some friends have been in direct contact with them and 100% for sure they're hosting a big watch party for the T&T game. See you there!

wixson7 repped this.
  3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    You think that is where the june 11th pregame party is as well?

4. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oops, had to edit. That I'm not sure of. And that's a really good question.

wixson7 repped this.
  5. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    That place looks fantastic.

6. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Yep, looks like only the night before. Either way, that's a cool looking bar.

7. Joe Kurr

Joe Kurr Member

Sporting Kansas City
    United States
    Mar 21, 2017
    I also plan on being there. Excited to try some Mexican style BBQ.

8. LuciusG

LuciusG New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    I think my group of 3 will likely be doing this.

9. LuciusG

LuciusG New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    We get in the 7th. Sounds like this might be a plan for watching the game.

10. DomBiggy

DomBiggy New Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    May 24, 2017
    Awesome! Very excited to hang out with AO family on foreign soil for the first time!

11. DomBiggy

DomBiggy New Member

FC Dallas
    United States
    May 24, 2017
    Nice! I'll see you there!

12. gveli001

gveli001 Member

LA Galaxy
    Jul 9, 2009
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Went to TJ yesterday and picked this up while I was there.
    [​IMG]

DomBiggy, hmason, doogiemo and 3 others repped this.
  13. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just confirmed with the local CDMX American Outlaws Chapter that the party for the Thursday Night T&T game will be held at Pinche Gringo BBQ WAREHOUSE. Not that there are two Pinche Gringo establishments in CDMX. The "Patio" looks like it's located more in the central part of the city while the bigger Pinche Gringo Warehouse is located northwest of the city center. Info and location on the PGBBQ web site (http://www.pgbbq.mx). Scroll down and click on "Warehouse" for the location. Address from google is:

Pinche Gringo BBQ Warehouse
    11320, Lago Iseo 310
    Anáhuac Secc
    11320 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico

Mexico v Honduras at Estadio Azteca kicks off after our game is done. It'll be fun doubleheader to watch on TV before the big game Sunday.

wixson7 repped this.
  14. LuciusG

LuciusG New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    Thanks for the heads up. Not as close to our hotel, but still not bad.

15. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think many people are staying that far up north, but it's a quick ride from the Reforma/Condesa/Roma Norte area where I think a lot of us are staying. Google maps says 16 minutes by car from our AirBnB in Condesa, but with CDMX traffic I figure every trip will take extra time.

We plan to use Uber a lot down there as was recommended to us. I use Uber all the time at home, so that'll work out well. My AirBnB host said it's 150 pesos (US$8) from the airport to our place, so it's well worth it. We use Uber in Tijuana sometimes too. I think Metro is better for longer distances to not have to deal with traffic though.

16. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Night before events and lovely "exclusive" pregame event.

Night Before
    June 10, 2017

Gringo's BBQ Warehouse
    11320, Lago Iseo 310 Anáhuac I Secc 11320
    Ciudad de México, CDMX
    Time: 7pmAdditional Details

Pre-Game

June 11, 2017

TBA
    Pre-game event open to packholders only
    Mexico City, Mexico
    TBD

superlimey and PabloSanDiego repped this.
  17. LuciusG

LuciusG New Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Club:
    DC United
    My buddy who is coming on the trip was in CDMX in February. Said Uber was really cheap and easy. I suspect we'll be doing a mix of Uber and the subway.

PabloSanDiego repped this.
  18. DCU_USMNT

DCU_USMNT Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am looking for a single ticket. Ticketmaster is not showing any availability. Let me know if you have an extra to sell.

19. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I sent you a message. I have extra tickets that I want to get rid of for face value.

20. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys, I'm very late to the thread, but my girlfriend and I are trying our best to come down as well. I just got on Ticketmaster last night and seeing no tickets. I'm going to message anubsi53, but if anyone else has advice on tickets, I'd really appreciate it!

21. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    I sent you a pm. I will hold the tickets for you. I will still have 2 more to sell for FACE VALUE if you confirm. Thanks

22. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey everyone - I'm also looking for 1-2 tickets to the match. If anyone has any extras they want to sell in the US section, please PM me or let me know.

Also, is the Alto Sur section definitely the visitor section? If not, would it be easy enough to simply head over to the US section - I'm likely traveling solo, so would prefer to be with US fans.

One more question - I've never attended an away USMNT match before, and have never been to Mexico City. Any recommendations on the best way to get to and from Estadio Azteca and the Mexico City international airport? Are taxis and Uber pretty universally safe? Should I plan to take public transit? I may end up flying in on a redeye Saturday night / Sunday morning, and then needing to fly home to the States on Monday morning due to my work schedule.

Thanks.

23. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    #273 anubis53, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    I have 4 tickets in section PRESD2 row 2 available for Face Value which is $45 a piece. I've had a few member's contact me but as of now, no official conformations from them. These will be first come, first serve. Message me if you're interested and I'll send you my contact information.

24. anubis53

anubis53 Member

Jul 9, 2007
    2 Tickets left guys. Thanks

25. weber149

weber149 New Member

Feb 15, 2010
    chicago
    Club:
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone ever figure out if there are other ticketmaster will-call locations to pick up tickets from besides the stadium? Or can they be picked up at the stadium a day or 2 in advance?having trouble finding that info.