USA, France, Germany...

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Thomsen, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I've been highly unimpressed by all of them lately. What's up with them having some of the worst coaches in the woso game lol

I don't know if I think whether Ellis has a hidden agenda to make US look poor. I know there's been injuries but last year was dreadful although they were pretty decent in the game against Denmark... I'm sure they want to win their 4th star next world cup but with Ellis I don't see that happening. She has some highly skilled defensive options who's saving her butt every game no matter how poor they perform

France, I'm not bothering to judge the game against Germany last year because that was so horrible that I don't believe it's possible. I'll give them credits for their good acting - acting like they were frustrated while really they were losing on purpose so Germany won't be able to challenge for the World Cup title 2019. The games against Sweden and Italy... Might be that I've been so used to watch Abily, Thomis, Necib, Henry and co for so long that it's unfair of me to compare this generation to the old "golden generation". There's a lot of new talents in France but I don't understand what dear Corinne's trying to do with France for the WC on home soil??

While Germany are stucked with the female version of Roy Hodgson where one of the worst CB's I've ever seen is a regular huh? no wonder why the attendance is so low at their games... see Jones blamed Gössling for the problems in her defense lately, but huh how's that possible when Gössling only played like 3 NT games last year? I'm pretty sure everyone following women's football can agree that Germany's a mess?

Despite the talent in the US and Germany, it's thrown away due to poor coaching lol while France has lost a lot of their best players but I still somehow believe that their new coach's just as poor as Ellis and Jones

2. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    agreed with the terrible coaches. But got to say, that wasn't just a "pretty decent" win by the US over Denmark, but a total slaughter! & this was against a squad that played 6 straight close games on their way to the Euro final. As usual the few Euro BS posters bury their heads in the sand instead of trying to explain what happened. But keep note, the US boasted 8 different starters in that game from the lineup fielded at the 2015 WC final. So on paper, the US looks really strong & deep as well, plus that intense, high press is like a 12th(perhaps even 13th) player on the field

Steffi Jones coaching did a complete reversal in her last game(France friendly), compared to her trademark 'no CB defense'(vs Iceland) or 'pack-em-up-like-sardines' attack like in the Euro quarters loss/in the France game she finally gave her players to ample space to work by fwidening up the passing lanes as well as more variety of attacking options(long balls, quick counters, more 1v1)/ She also had a mild press going, but not sure how that will measure up to more intense presses(from what I've seen).......and you can't say 'France just played bad', they still had one of best back lines out there
    MBock.....Georges........Renard........Majri
    but so basically.......will the real Steffi please stand up!(as we don't know if she'll go back to her old ways).

France......your correct that they're suffering cuz of retirements, but the unusual aspect that while they've had some great results in youth tournaments(3rd place at both of the last u20 WC's, 2nd place in last Euro u19), but have had hard time getting those top youth prospects into star players for their senior side.
    Now their day dreaming about a 19 year old fwd named Katoto will bring them to greater glory, but so far the previous wunderkind, Cacscarino, has failed to inspire as senior, as well as before that, Tolleti, MBock, Lavogez, Leger......