USA England, Wembley Stadium, May 28 2008

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Galaxian, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Gol!

Gol! New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got my tracking number for the package - can't wait!

2. Stella FC

Stella FC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Boone, NC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear, I'll be staying at the Wembley Plaza as well...see ya on the walk to the Green Man!

3. stolev75

stolev75 New Member

May 9, 2008
    What time are we meeting at the Green man before the match?

4. DRoyalFC

DRoyalFC New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NYC via OklahomaCity
    Just got my tickets here at work....the scarves are awesome, can't wait to go now. FYI, I won't be able to make it to the game on Tuesday, but it seems like we'll already have plenty of U35's there anyway.

I plan on getting to the Green Man at around noon on Wednesday to start getting at it.....I'll be there with a couple friends. Let me know if that's too early, I guess we could push it back a couple hours and get some sightseeing done that day.

Dero

5. TimBoston

TimBoston Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got my shipping info emailed to me. Should be getting the tickets today or tomorrow. I can't wait!

6. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    block 115, row 26 here. I actually was getting a little worried about the tickets getting here in time since i'm leaving on the 22nd so I can hang out with friends and family for a while. It's always nice to have free places to stay. :)

7. rksehga

rksehga New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    nyc
    I'm in block 113, row 3.

8. DRoyalFC

DRoyalFC New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NYC via OklahomaCity
    block 114, row 36

9. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking anytime between 3- 430. I have a feeling it will be pretty packed down there on game day.

I wish i wasnt all the way back in row 40. I want to be leading songs and chants, and it will be difficult from the back !

Chase

10. jorge805

jorge805 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    Vegas
    The flipside of that is that you'll have a great view from there, because sitting down low you get a very bad angle on the far side of the field.

11. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Block 114 Seat 3

12. purpleronnie

purpleronnie New Member

May 29, 2006

Not sure if anyone cares about the atmosphere from the english fans but I've been to see competitive matches at the new wembley and I have to tell you I hope your not expecting much.

You will easily outsing the english fans, no-one in england cares less about the game, most dont even know its happening.

English fans at hope are completely different to them away. At home its full of day trippers who are probably at a football match for the first time.

When I went everyone around me sat down and during the game talked on their mobile phone and one (I swear this is true) spent most of the time staring at his england cufflinks he had just bought at the shop.

It was on each occassion the worst football expereince I've ever had inside an english ground. It really is poor.

Now that is from an england fans perspective. Away fans obviously are usually the more vocal fans so its easy to outsing the home fans despite being outnumbered.

Please dont take it as some king of victory that you outsung the english in their own back yard everyone does that and the english fans dont care.

Its english away fans that are the true english fans (most of whom cant get tickets).

Sure you'll have a great time its great to see how passionate your fans are, I wish we still had that in england (national team not league), but now its full of daytrippers, happy clappers, plastic, prawn sandwich eating, photo taking, mobile phone talking, face painted, jester hat wearing morons.

13. DRoyalFC

DRoyalFC New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NYC via OklahomaCity
    Chase,

Where can you buy travelcards for only Zones 1-4? I only see cards for the Central Zones (1 & 2) and for all zones (1-7).

14. ubies

ubies Member

Jul 7, 2006
  15. DRoyalFC

DRoyalFC New Member

Apr 4, 2008
    NYC via OklahomaCity
    Wow, the London transport sucks compared to the NYC subway, pricewise. In NYC you can get all the subways and buses for 7 days for 13 pounds. For the entire system. In London I could barely get a full day for all the zones for that much. I'd have to freakin create an optimization model to figure out which combination of passes would be the cheapest for me considering the zones I'll use. Even before the crappy FX rates I think the pricing/zonal structure is a little ridiculous.

Oh well...gotta just bite the bullet

16. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, the choices on passes are nuts. strangely, for my zones-days combo, it looks like its almost a wash whatever combo i use.

17. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how ridiculously red white and blue do you guys plan on bedecking yourselves? while i may skip the elvis sideburns and jumbo jeweled shades (i'm hoping those kansas Elvi have that covered), i plan on my usual stars and stripes regalia.

18. cisco39

cisco39 Member

May 27, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Block 115, Row 21 .... can't wait!

19. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering this same thing. I wore flag pants to Germany, and an Uncle Sam hat. I wont be wearing the flag pants, but I'm still unsure if ill wear the hat. I like the hat, it may seem cheesy, but it just feels right wearing it at a US game.

Either way, I'll be wearing red, and have two US scarves with me : the one they sent us, and the SoCal Brigade scarves.

20. Red Sky

Red Sky New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I'll be looking out for you, Galaxian. Do you raid the Spice Girls' wardrobe for every game? ;)

21. FCDallasAddie

FCDallasAddie Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My brother and I have decided not to go all out. He made a pretty good point...A game against Barbados would be a better atmosphere. With England we really want to be taken seriously. But to each his own. I was looking forward to wearing my costume though, oh well.

22. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hmmm. really? why the caution? i mean, if we can have the Kansas Elvi (or were they from missouri?) at world cup games, and Captain America et al at goldcup games, (both actual competitions), why should anyone dumb it down for a friendly, even if it is "England"? surely it can't be because it's <BigBad> England </BigBad> can it? just askin'...

23. Galaxian

Galaxian Member

Oct 30, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the World Cup is one big party, so everything goes. Fans from all around the world dress up and party, so its just right that we do it as well.

The English tend not to dress up and stuff, and I'm not saying we shouldnt do it because they dont, but I'm not planning on wearing the flag pants.

But I will have plenty of US flags, I will be wearing red, and singing as loud as possible.

24. Rocster

Rocster New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how does Wembley treat away fans with Flags?? If your seated in the away supporters area, no worries to bring a 3'x5' old glory? What about a 30'x 50' or Bigger??

25. Rowdies4ever

Rowdies4ever New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    New England
    I've seen people dressed up in costumes at EPL games shown on FSC, and I've seen plenty of English fans dressing up in costumes for World Cup games.