USA Done In By a Sounder

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Mateofelipe, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How will that be received?

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US was already eliminated when Torres scored.. Unlike the last round 2012, Mexico did not do the US a solid and lost to Honduras. Panama was already a point ahead of the US thanks to Perez's phantom goal.

3. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is incorrect. Panama was a point behind before Torres scored.

4. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh. Okay, I thought it was the other way around. My bad. I also thought Panama was Tied with the US going into the final game, but they were actually 2 points behind.

So with the correct order and point difference, it actually makes it even less Torres’s goal doing the USMNT in. Torres’s goal only ties the game, so that would have left the US at 12 points and Panama at 11 points. It still requires the phantom goal to put Panama ahead of the US...

All of that being said. If anyone holds Panama’s progressing to the WC while the US stays home against Torres can, quite literally, go f**k themselves. It wasn’t Torres that made the US lau an egg against T&T. It wasn’t Torres that made the US lose to Mexico in Columbus, etc, etc. seriously. The US is the only ones to blame for doing themselves in. They played like crap this entire qualification cycle.

nfiniti repped this.
  5. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You still seem to confused about goal order. But you are right Torres is not to blame and to be credited for helping his country. It's more that he is a reminder of our own failure.

6. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal order was Torres, then Perez. Torres's goal tied the game, which gave Panama 11 points, still 1 point behind the US at 12. It wasn't until Perez's phantom goal gave Panama the lead that Panama passed the US with 13 points.

7. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Gosh, Yoshou! You are a clever fellow who backs me off the ledge when I go to far around the bend, to mix metaphors. But you are being strangely obtuse about this. Google is your friend.https:
    //www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bwIh_RE8y8

8. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Son of a biscuit. Two Torres's scored and this confuses me. So.. now that I'm finally caught up. Anyone that is angry about Torres scoring the winning goal can f**k the hell right off and turn in their Sounders gear on the way out the door. Torres had nothing to do with the US laying an egg in the WCQ.

nfiniti repped this.
  9. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like I said, it's more being reminded of our fail, not being angry at him. No real soccer fan can be angry about that goal. It was a gem.

10. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if he realizes he is now the Paul Caligiuri of Panama.